What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wins the Premiership?

Who wins the Premiership?

• Penrith

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Roosters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

greenBV4

Bench
People are forgetting it was a shortened season, and in realitly Penrith only won 18 games, thats about the average for minor premiers. They deserve being favourites and are on a role but minor premiers have never been "sure things" to win the big one

azza29

Juniors
I think Penrith are in the box seat but Storm and Raiders have more big game experience which will count for plenty come GF day. Obviously hoping for a Storm win but will be boarding the Raiders bandwagon should they fall.

soc123_au

Staff member
People are forgetting it was a shortened season, and in realitly Penrith only won 18 games, thats about the average for minor premiers. They deserve being favourites and are on a role but minor premiers have never been "sure things" to win the big one
Only 18? It's a travesty, we really should give the shield back so they can give it to a team that earned it & won more than that. Any takers?

greenBV4

Bench
Only 18? It's a travesty, we really should give the shield back so they can give it to a team that earned it & won more than that. Any takers?
Calm down, I didnt say Penrith didn't deserve it, was just saying they havnt done any better than most the other minor premiers in the NRL era (average points 39.4 vs 37), and that minor premiers more often than not don't actually go on to win the GF.

In the NRL era only 7 minor premiers have taken out the big one

forby

Juniors
And it was 18.5/20, meaning only once loss. There have not been any minor premiers that have had a similar record.

soc123_au

Staff member
Apples to oranges
1 loss out of 20 is easier to achieve than 1 loss out of 25
Yeah, now that you put it like that I can see it. An 18-1-1 record after 20 games in a regular season is pretty shit really. I'm sure your team does it regularly. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves in upcoming seasons.

greenBV4

Bench
Yeah, now that you put it like that I can see it. An 18-1-1 record after 20 games in a regular season is pretty shit really. I'm sure your team does it regularly. Hopefully we can redeem ourselves in upcoming seasons.
wow you panthers fans are salty, noone is saying the panthers havn't done good they have had an awesome season, but stop acting like your worldbeaters and the greatest RL team ever assembled

soc123_au

Staff member
wow you panthers fans are salty, noone is saying the panthers havn't done good they have had an awesome season, but stop acting like your worldbeaters and the greatest RL team ever assembled
I'm not salty at all. I just find it amusing that a lot of people will say what an amazing season we had on one hand & then throw out the but's.

GongPanther

Referee
Raiders are the dark horse
Their style of play is perfect to counter the Storm
And being the bridesmaid last year will give them perfect experience on the big day, which I thought they were the better team last year anyway
They'll be in it with around 20-25 mins to go. The big question from there will be how much petrol will be left in the tank when they are up against a fresh Storm side.

GongPanther

Referee
Calm down, I didn't say Penrith didn't deserve it, was just saying they haven't done any better than most the other minor premiers in the NRL era (average points 39.4 vs 37), and that minor premiers more often than not don't actually go on to win the GF.

In the NRL era only 7 minor premiers have taken out the big one
You should broaden the stats a bit as only Fox takes notice of that term "NRL era" bullshit they copy from the NFL.

Our season is the best since the 1959 Dragons. The Dragons played 18, won 17 and drew 1. That makes our season, the best for 61 years.

You also have to make allowances to the fact that this Penrith side is the 2nd youngest in the comp to the Broncos. For our young side to have an av of 27-12 for each game is outstanding. Scary thing is they will be getting better.

And as far as minor premiers not winning the comp? We are yet to lose one. Lets see how that works out for the death riders.

GongPanther

Referee
And it's the likes of you who carry on with that talk, not us. The perception amongst a tiny select few are mostly those who simply can't stand other team's successes...we get it.

greenBV4

Bench
You should broaden the stats a bit as only Fox takes notice of that term "NRL era" bullshit they copy from the NFL.
They use it because the game, rules, fixture, cap, teams, almost everything, were all very different in the 50s, taking stats from just the "NRL era" is a more even playing field.

And how many times do I need to say it? The Panthers have had a great year! easily the best on field for 2020.

I just think that experience in big games will get the better of you, as you said its a young team, but I'm expecting to see the Panthers up there as contenders for the next few years for sure.

If the Raiders knock us out ill be hopping onto the green machine though

GongPanther

Referee
They use it because the game, rules, fixture, cap, teams, almost everything, were all very different in the 50s, taking stats from just the "NRL era" is a more even playing field.

And how many times do I need to say it? The Panthers have had a great year! easily the best on field for 2020.

I just think that experience in big games will get the better of you, as you said its a young team, but I'm expecting to see the Panthers up there as contenders for the next few years for sure.

If the Raiders knock us out ill be hopping onto the green machine though
And in another 40 years, what era will they be calling it then?

Anyway, can't see the Raiders getting through, although If we were to get beaten by Souths, I'd rather go for them being they beat us. If they got beat in the GF, it will make our defeat look even worse when you think about it. So if your lot do win on the weekend, do a number on them in the GF. :)

Walpole

Juniors
Damn, thought I'd check out what's going on in this thread and turns out the Raiders and Panthers fans are already at it. Hope both teams get through so you can sort it out on the field.

Anyone but the Storm, right?

mxlegend99

Referee
Ive got it down to 4 teams at the moment. Will narrow it down to 2 over the weekend.

Deadset don't remember the last time where no result would shock you. All 4 teams have good reason to believe they can win their next 2 games IMO. If my team misses out I still want Raiders to win regardless of how much they (or their fans) may hate Panthers.

Panthers > Raiders > Souths > Storm is my preferred pecking order. But even if Storm win Broncos getting the spoon makes it a great season.