What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF2 - Storm 30-10 Raiders @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Storm v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SDM

First Grade
Cmon Raiders, if they can make the GF again and play the Panthers or Souffs it is win/win.
For me personally you have to go back to 2005 to find a GF where I didn’t hate at least one team playing,

Storm would’ve loved what they saw on Friday night. Raiders won’t have the legs unfortunately, although they’ll put up a fight until Storm eventually run away by 18

some11

Referee
I expect the Storm to win but hope the Raiders do.

My order of preference for who I am hope wins the premiership:
Souths
Panthers
Raiders
Covid mutating, becoming 100% fatal and killing us all and the bacteria then technically winning.
Storm
Covid is a virus, not bacteria.

And it has already mutated. Kinda like the gentrification of Redfern that has seen the dilapidated shithole become habitable.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Haven’t the Raiders beaten the storm the last 4 times they’ve played? That’s some type of record.

Interesting match ups in the Prelims. I feel the Storm are likely Premiers, however the Raiders are the team most likely to beat them. This will almost certainly be a physical game, whereas the other will be more open and touch footy like. So the winner will be a bit more bartered and bruised then their opponents in the big dance.

Tipping the Storm but without much confidence

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
A major worry for the Raiders will be their legs. They just seem a bit unfit IMO. Heading up to Brisbane where it is starting to get a little humid will probably be a bit of a shock for them. Melbourne have obviously acclimatised.

Fangs

Coach
First time in a long time that teams have had a break. Teams like the Panthers and the Storm are really at a crucial advantage here.

Smith is about to retire. Will be difficult for Ricky Stuart to get his team more energised than the Storm. I'd love to see a Raiders win but I ain't seeing it.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Haven’t the Raiders beaten the storm the last 4 times they’ve played? That’s some type of record.

Interesting match ups in the Prelims. I feel the Storm are likely Premiers, however the Raiders are the team most likely to beat them. This will almost certainly be a physical game, whereas the other will be more open and touch footy like. So the winner will be a bit more bartered and bruised then their opponents in the big dance.

Tipping the Storm but without much confidence
3 of the last 4.

Canberra played awfully the time they played in CBR this year but Melbourne had a gift try from a CNK error in goal and an arsey one from a poxy line dropout where Paps ran down the sideline. Elliot Whitehead also bombed a try.

mongoose

Coach
3 of the last 4.

Canberra played awfully the time they played in CBR this year but Melbourne had a gift try from a CNK error in goal and an arsey one from a poxy line dropout where Paps ran down the sideline. Elliot Whitehead also bombed a try.

The Storm also scored a try when one of our players (Simonson) was sinbinned for no reason

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm pretty proud of the lads for kicking on with the injuries. Its quite amazing how much the middle forwards have lifted over the year. It went from a weakness to a strength so fast. Tapine has gotten better and better but guys like Lui (who I've criticised) and Sutton really stepped up.

Young has returned from suspension a beast in the middle of the field too.

I don't know what we've got left in the tank and I've got question marks on the outside backs but I'll be praying to the footy gods all week

GongPanther

Referee
A major worry for the Raiders will be their legs. They just seem a bit unfit IMO. Heading up to Brisbane where it is starting to get a little humid will probably be a bit of a shock for them. Melbourne have obviously acclimatised.
Will be 25 during the day and dropping in the evening in Brisbane on Friday .

Around the Olympic stadium on Saturday, it will be 22 during the day going down to 17 by the time they KO.

Perfect weather for football for both games.

Greenfields

Juniors
I'm not too fussed about our fitness. That Roosters game was a different approach from us and we put a lot of effort into a fast start. Which was the way to go because if you look at our last few games against the Roosters we lost those games in the first 20. But it left us pretty gassed at the back end.
I don't think we'll do the same with Melbourne because those games are usually won in the last 10.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Raiders have a good record against Storm but I still find it hard to tip against a fresh Storm at Suncorp. They seem untouchable in Queensland. Raiders are going to have to really get under their skin to unsettle them early.

StormFred

Juniors
After watching the Roosters/Raiders game (which as a spectacle I enjoyed), it seems a lot of players were limping or carrying various injuries by the end. I expect a close game for the first half but Storm to have the fitness to outlast the Raiders. Storm 30-18.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm pretty proud of the lads for kicking on with the injuries. Its quite amazing how much the middle forwards have lifted over the year. It went from a weakness to a strength so fast. Tapine has gotten better and better but guys like Lui (who I've criticised) and Sutton really stepped up.

Young has returned from suspension a beast in the middle of the field too.

I don't know what we've got left in the tank and I've got question marks on the outside backs but I'll be praying to the footy gods all week

what? I thought only the roosters had injuries?