What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

Dragon David

First Grade
As are about 10 other clubs
The Dragons and the Broncos and a couple of others will be after several, whilst the balance of other clubs will be after a few.

A lot of movement with a lot of players going around the merry-go-round and only a few decent ones and many average ones trying to get tickets to join a preferred club.

Mjab

Juniors
My Matty Lodge song.

I like Matt Lodge and I cannot lie
Bronco captain to aspire
When he runs straight and hard I say
I get sprung like animal because I know his hits are tough.

My anaconda don’t want none unless you sign Lodge son.

Some teams they want to discard him,
Because he’s taken the drugs went prowling
Frightened kids and been wretched
But now he’s all loving and a-mended.

Hey there Hookster old mate
Build a team that’s high on nitrate
Need forwards who can inspire
Not a Moylan who expired

I hope your not going to quit your day job phantom :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Mjab

Juniors
Not entirely correct....we couldn't tell him who our next coach would be ...at the end of the day he wanted to stay and play under bellamy.

agree

Talk is smith definitely retiring
So more money available
They prob improved his offer to stay and hey if I was him I’d prob want stay storm too
Or Dragons footy after they lowballed him

Mjab

Juniors
Yes, I have faith that our new coaching staff will know who to toss and who they can improve. The most important thing is that we have a squad who approach the 2021 fit, skilled, enthusiastic and with pride in the big red V.

With Soward on board our halves, who ever they be, should have no excuses; a good kicking game is essential and a variety of kicks, including kicks in general play to the corners, should be taken to mount pressure.
Yes I certainly hope the kicking improves
Neither good kickers
Always kick the ball dead giving 7 tackles Or totally shit options
It’s not that hard aim for the try line not the dead ball line like our halves do
Hopefully Soward will help

possm

Coach
We are really in an odd phase right now. No head coach, assistants, CC or JF coach in play at the moment. Hook doesn't officially hit the ground running until Nov 1, however, I feel he has his sights on a few players. Some of these may still be playing, whilst others have only just stepped out of the bubble and probably enjoying some down time.

Be patient, there will be plenty of frenzy in the coming weeks and especially in Nov.
This is a stupid situation to be in and it is not necessary. The Board is penny pinching by not replacing Mary with Griffin immediately after the announcement of a new coach. Griffin should also be able to start his assistants and recurit/promote players to our squad immediately. Waiting till November 1, to sign players only puts us at a disadvantage.

BLM01

First Grade
This is a stupid situation to be in and it is not necessary. The Board is penny pinching by not replacing Mary with Griffin immediately after the announcement of a new coach. Griffin should also be able to start his assistants and recurit/promote players to our squad immediately. Waiting till November 1, to sign players only puts us at a disadvantage.
You can’t not be serious can you?
Who says any prep works is waiting till November 1?
Just because people are dying to be told of player movement.
Besides training won’t start Until December January anyway
they still don’t know what’s gonna happen with Covid and more bubbles.

possm

Coach
You can’t not be serious can you?
Who says any prep works is waiting till November 1?
Just because people are dying to be told of player movement.
Besides training won’t start Until December January anyway
they still don’t know what’s gonna happen with Covid and more bubbles.
There is a lot to do before next season's trials. I understand that fitness and strenght training will start in December and continue on through January but why not start with some ball-work and skills development now. God knows our players need all the help they can get.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
There is a lot to do before next season's trials. I understand that fitness and strenght training will start in December and continue on through January but why not start with some ball-work and skills development now. God knows our players need all the help they can get.
Mate, I think the opposite. Get out of the bubble, the training, talking to the same blokes, group talk , forget football completely. Long year on many levels. See you after the break.

redv13

Bench
It’s been a long year for these blokes possm. They need a break from the day to day bubble living of this season. I’m sure Griffin is up to his eyeballs preparing for 2021 and working on player recruitment etc. I’m sure once the finals are done and dusted announcements will start flowing.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Mate, I think the opposite. Get out of the bubble, the training, talking to the same blokes, group talk , forget football completely. Long year on many levels. See you after the break.
Hook unofficially started hours after he was appointed
Get Smarty is better qualified to confirm , but signings are imminent
Timing is tricky because Hook doesnt officially start till Nov and so does the time that Clubs can negotiate with players coming off contract in 2021

blacksafake

First Grade
It’s been a long year for these blokes possm. They need a break from the day to day bubble living of this season. I’m sure Griffin is up to his eyeballs preparing for 2021 and working on player recruitment etc. I’m sure once the finals are done and dusted announcements will start flowing.
I have no doubt that this post is :100: correct re Hook & staff working on next season. As well as their break.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
It is Corey Norman's last year of his contract then he will be gone. What is the bet he has an absolute belter (which we know he is capable of) and earns a 2-3 year extension. If he does have an awesome seaon he will get Saints a finals spot for sure but then he will have 1-2 lame years before his final year again. Whilst in that time Sullivan is released.

If Hunt has an absolute cracking SOO series, he may get an offer or 2 from a Qld club to move back up there. If he does, Saints should make them pay full price to take him off their hands not pay 50% or more of his wages. We can only hope but I still feel he can come good with the correct team structures ahead of him.

BLM01

First Grade
I see you still don’t get it but I will do my best to explain some of it
NRL said you can’t start in November they need to find out what’s gonna happen with Covi, whether we still be in bubbles etc moving forward
The NRL Don’t even know when the season is gonna start next year or in what shape or form yet
In November the season is not over we still have a State of Origin
There’s a few reasons to get your mouth guard into

Reactions: jak

possm

Coach
It is Corey Norman's last year of his contract then he will be gone. What is the bet he has an absolute belter (which we know he is capable of) and earns a 2-3 year extension. If he does have an awesome seaon he will get Saints a finals spot for sure but then he will have 1-2 lame years before his final year again. Whilst in that time Sullivan is released.

If Hunt has an absolute cracking SOO series, he may get an offer or 2 from a Qld club to move back up there. If he does, Saints should make them pay full price to take him off their hands not pay 50% or more of his wages. We can only hope but I still feel he can come good with the correct team structures ahead of him.
I feel that our future in the halves is with the bright young juniors coming through. I have confidence that for now a Clune / Sullivan pairing (with the guidence of the coaching staff and Soward) are capable of doing the job fine. In the seasons to come, let the juniors coming through push for selection in the halves through their form in reserve grade.

By letting go Hunt and Norman, we can find a balance within our spine and recurit the forwards we need right now to keep us competitive while we wait for our juniors to come through.

Ideally there a a few risky forwards that need to perform in order to re-establish themselves in the NRL. I day give them a chance by signing them on a one year deal with an option in favour of the Club for a further two years.

Include performance and behaviour clauses in their contracts. The coaching staff should have well thought our plans to bring these players back into NRL form with attitude and behaviour in keeping with this great Club's desired standards.

Crush

Coach
I feel that our future in the halves is with the bright young juniors coming through. I have confidence that for now a Clune / Sullivan pairing (with the guidence of the coaching staff and Soward) are capable of doing the job fine. In the seasons to come, let the juniors coming through push for selection in the halves through their form in reserve grade.

By letting go Hunt and Norman, we can find a balance within our spine and recurit the forwards we need right now to keep us competitive while we wait for our juniors to come through.

Ideally there a a few risky forwards that need to perform in order to re-establish themselves in the NRL. I day give them a chance by signing them on a one year deal with an option in favour of the Club for a further two years.

Include performance and behaviour clauses in their contracts. The coaching staff should have well thought our plans to bring these players back into NRL form with attitude and behaviour in keeping with this great Club's desired standards.
Ben Hunt has another 3 full years on his contract, finishing up at end of 2023.
Ouch.

possm

Coach
Ben Hunt has another 3 full years on his contract, finishing up at end of 2023.
Ouch.
There are enough NRL coaches out their who would have the ego to believe that they could improve his game and improve their halves combination. I say ride him hard during off-season training and threaten to drop him to reserve grade. Let his manager plead for a clean release and termination of his contract.

At the same time, groom and show preference to a Clune / Sullivan halves combination.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
There are enough NRL coaches out their who would have the ego to believe that they could improve his game and improve their halves combination. I say ride him hard during off-season training and threaten to drop him to reserve grade. Let his manager plead for a clean release and termination of his contract.

At the same time, groom and show preference to a Clune / Sullivan halves combination.
What are your thoughts on Tedesco?

I hear the roosters are looking to get rid of him after Friday night’s performance.

Would Norman make a fair swap for them as a fullback?

And what should we do with Dufty?

getsmarty

Immortal
What are your thoughts on Tedesco?

I hear the roosters are looking to get rid of him after Friday night’s performance.

Would Norman make a fair swap for them as a fullback?

And what should we do with Dufty?

I reckon offer them Hunt/Norman/Dufty for tedesco....you could even throw in Lawrie and possibly K.Sims. That should seal the deal. This could free up money to bring in..tedesco/DCE/JWH and possibly Klemmer.