What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
FMD all the experts are lining up to fix the Eels after going out in straight sets. No mention of the Roosters by the way.

Paul Kent joined the dots last night by saying that because he’s a graduate of the Bellyache school of coaching he needs to stop flogging the players.

Weidler reckons he spoke to someone, who said that mkaing the players run around the oval again won’t win them a premiership.

MG reckons that Moses needs to reinvent himself.

Bennett reckons that the Eels were cooked late in the year like his team was last year. The 360 crew latched onto that. Spoke about the old master knows how to prepare his team, but forgot about last year when they bombed out.

Sterlo reckons that Bennett and the rest don’t know shit about our club and should STFU.

Nobody mentioned that most of the teams had their injury run early in the season however we had ours later. Players out in key positions is a poor excuse apparently

DE47097C-765F-4DD3-81AC-23928D5F7A77.jpeg

Delboy

First Grade
How do you rate BA’s finals record gronk?
Not liking the fact we have gone out a few times, look at who we played for the majority of them - that’s right the Storm away , let’s get some perspective and look for positives and how we can continue to improve. Funnily enough, that s basically what we have done since the debacle of the old board etc.

Avenger

Immortal
FMD all the experts are lining up to fix the Eels after going out in straight sets. No mention of the Roosters by the way.

Paul Kent joined the dots last night by saying that because he’s a graduate of the Bellyache school of coaching he needs to stop flogging the players.

Weidler reckons he spoke to someone, who said that mkaing the players run around the oval again won’t win them a premiership.

MG reckons that Moses needs to reinvent himself.

Bennett reckons that the Eels were cooked late in the year like his team was last year. The 360 crew latched onto that. Spoke about the old master knows how to prepare his team, but forgot about last year when they bombed out.

Sterlo reckons that Bennett and the rest don’t know shit about our club and should STFU.

Nobody mentioned that most of the teams had their injury run early in the season however we had ours later. Players out in key positions is a poor excuse apparently

View attachment 42932
They have mentioned the Roosters and have stated that they have a aging roster with problems in the halves. However I think they have enough credibility and success to be given an amount of dispensation compared to an underachieving team like ours.

Tooooks

Bench
If I may be so bold, and since everyone else is doing it, I'll add my advice in a mere four words:

Develop your own players.

Like Matterson, Dylan Brown, Mahoney, Paulo, Kaufusi? How many of the squad should be developed? Quarter? Half?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
How good is it, all this media criticism (which some is justified), shows just how far we have come under BA.......

wasn’t that long ago, talk about the eels was board factions and how will we avoid the wooden spoon, now it’s what we need to do to take the last step to win the comp.....

Good times ahead !!!

Gronk

Staff member
How do you rate BA’s finals record gronk?
More to the point, if you take Chelsea teams like Storm and Roosters out of the equation, how do the Eels and Arthur compare in seasons 2017, 18, 19 and 20 ? Brackets indicate what week of finals they exited. P indicates Premiers.

I'll leave it to you to pass judgement, however I'm leaning to pretty good but not excellent. Clearly we can do better and our aim is to mix it with Storm and Roosters every year.

Eels 4th(1), 16th, 5th(2), 3rd(2)
Raiders 10th, 10th, 4th(P), 5th (?)
Panthers 7th(2), 5th(2), 10th, 1st(?)
Bunnies 12th, 3rd(1), 3rd(3), 5th (?)
Sharks 5th(1), 4th(1), 7th(1), 8th(1)
Sea Eagles 6th(1), 15th, 6th(2), 13th
Cowboys 8th(4), 13th, 14th, 14th
Broncos 3rd(3), 6th(2), 8th(1), 16th
Dragons 9th, 7th(2), 15th, 12th

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Actually this is a pretty fair assessment by Gus:

basically we need to grind better, BA is envolving as a coach (doesn’t necessarily need replacing or advice, he is getting better), we need an honest apraisal to see what gets us “into trouble” in big games.

Latest posts