What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF2 Panthers vs Rabbits

The_Frog

First Grade
Panthers easing in the betting, now $1.50. Can only be weight of money. This is exactly what happened last time we played this opponent. Some people never learn.

DrStange

Juniors
Are we still happy for Naden to be picked at centre for this game ? Really disappointed defensively last week. Wondering whether we sacrifice what he can bring in attack for Whare’s defence in a game where the Bunnies are such an attacking threat

Are we still happy for Naden to be picked at centre for this game ? Really disappointed defensively last week. Wondering whether we sacrifice what he can bring in attack for Whare’s defence in a game where the Bunnies are such an attacking threat

I think the risk is too big bringing Whare in cold. He hasn’t played for months. But I am a little concerned about Naden’s defence, hopefully they’ve spent time working on it.

Jane Murray

Bench

So Whare can only play for 10 minutes? No thanks.

betcats

Referee
We actually had a few guys who didnt really play well againt the roosters. Api and Dyl were quiet. To'o and Naden were bad. Tamou's first stint he seemed to catch the ball flat footed every run, and the whole side seemed to be dropping off tackles that we always make. We can play a lot better than we did, I really think nerves got to the side at least a little bit.

franklin2323

Immortal

Nope. I wanted Whare in but we missed the chance to do that

franklin2323

Immortal
Naden forced an error from Tedesco with a good defensive read and had another very good read to shut down a roosters shift to the back line. His defensive reads have been much better despite his errors against the roosters, there is no way you drop him now.

The Roosters 1st try is on him rushing out then gave them the ball at the end but we should of played Whare v Dogs. Also shouldn't of had Naden on the wing for those games he was

betcats

Referee
The Roosters 1st try is on him rushing out then gave them the ball at the end but we should of played Whare v Dogs. Also shouldn't of had Naden on the wing for those games he was

It doesnt matter if Whare played against the dogs or not there is no way Naden would get dropped for his performance against the roosters IMO. There isnt a centre in the game that makes the right defensive decision every single time. I honestly think Naden will bounce back with a strong performance on Saturday, To'o as well.

mxlegend99

Referee
Naden has his flaws at centre. But we will have to cop them as he's too good to leave out of the 17 and while I think wing is his position there's so much depth on the wing you would be weakening our 17 if you moved him.

Whare wasnt in very good form months ago when he last played. Be very difficult to predict what his form would be like now. But for mine he wouldnt be able to play with the same energy we have been playing with and would hurt our tempo being in the side.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Naden worries me rushing out of the line and I cant help but think if someone in the side is going to do something dumb that will cost us there is a good chance it will be him. I know this may seem very harsh as he has scored a lot of tries and is part of a team that have won 16 in a row but I still think he would be much more suited to the wing. Long term I would still like to see Burton get a crack in the centres.

Naden worries me rushing out of the line and I cant help but think if someone in the side is going to do something dumb that will cost us there is a good chance it will be him. I know this may seem very harsh as he has scored a lot of tries and is part of a team that have won 16 in a row but I still think he would be much more suited to the wing. Long term I would still like to see Burton get a crack in the centres.

I think he rushes because he’s not that great at reading the defence. So he tries to shut it down as quickly as possible.

I do think he’s a winger, but right now he’s also our best option at right centre.

Latest posts