What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Ads

First Grade
One concern - would he be too high-powered for John Morris, though?

During his time at the Broncos, he seemed like he was quite insecure (very insecure??), and wants to be 'the man', whereas JM is quite mild-mannered...

That's why I'd prefer a Neil Henry or Matt Elliott type, as they seem more secure in themselves...???

I could be TOTALLY wrong!!!
Maybe you're right. But I just want the best available assistant and if Morris cant handle that then maybe he isn't the man for the job. That is kind of the attitude I think the club can allow to fester and holds us back, we should be striving to have the best in every single position. If Seibold or any one of note comes in Morris should not fear it, he should utilise it. His job is to win and that helps him. An insecure coach is not what we want. Not really saying that is what Morris is but its what I fear he might be.

Ads

First Grade
Moses is an upgrade on Chad obviously but he's on SJ money. We do need to sort our halves out because SJ will not return till mid season you would think. Not sure we can go again with Chad running the show.

Morris- gets an under-resourced Sharks team to the finals = no good.

Seibold- takes probably the highest resourced team in the history of Rugby League to a spoon = worth a look.

I guess you are invoking the KISS principle here and while I have utmost respect for the KISS principle .... Head coach does not = assistant coach and Bluefoxes and ads considerations hopefully are also considerations of the board or whoever makes the decisions about such things .

Ads

First Grade
Morris- gets an under-resourced Sharks team to the finals = no good.

Seibold- takes probably the highest resourced team in the history of Rugby League to a spoon = worth a look.
Assistant coach. Not head coach. Very highly thought of until the broncos clusterf**k. Would bring much more to our squad than our current assistants.

Assistant coach. Not head coach. Very highly thought of until the broncos clusterf**k. Would bring much more to our squad than our current assistants.

This yr.I watched and enjoyed more boncos games than I have in yrs., If that side was playing to coaches instructions ,then Im a Chris Hemsworth, beating the women off with a stick! While that probably puts serious question mark over man management , which is very much part of Head coaches roll, I dont think it says much at all about head coaches strategic football knowledge.

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
" Can you smell what the Rock has cookin?"

Roids maybe. Luckily Mr Mack-Mannn got the steroids out of Pro Wrestling.

But I suppose with wrestling coaches now part of the game then the Rock would be an interesting addition to our coaching ranks

I just got a message, and I really do not know how to take it.
I trust the person, big time, but i cannot get my head around it.
Roosters, a straight swap.... Flanju for Chad.
Moneywise it'd be great for us, but thats about it. I dont want to hear about how B2 and Flanju are best mates, its the NRL ffs.
I dont see how it would improve us, more like same/same.
Go at it young people.

Feki is bae

Juniors
Moneywise it'd be great for us, but thats about it. I dont want to hear about how B2 and Flanju are best mates, its the NRL ffs.
Go at it young people.

Hmm, I just can't imagine Trent Robinson saying "Get me Chad Townsend!".

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Go at it young people.
I guess Flange has more upside to him than Chad at this point of their careers. Wouldn’t do a lot for our already feeble defence but the thought of 3 more years of Chad makes me chew on my own vomit a little bit. Would most likely be the end of Tricky though I’d guess.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Flanju ceiling seems the same as what Chad's is but atleast he's younger and can goal kick.

And cheaper I assume.

Does it mean Flanno coming back ?