What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

getsmarty

Immortal
Id like to see us bring in Jason Taumolalo.
We could use him off the bench.

Of course...add him to the list...Chuck in tariq along with korbin and that should do the trick....of course, Munster should also be on that list....over to you Mr Millward. If we can get this done...then

1. Teddy
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. JAC
6. munster
7. DCE
8 Klemmer
9 mcInnes
10. JWH
11 Vaughan
12 Fui
13 JDB/another new Recruit
14 Taumololo
15 Kerr
16 Sullivan
17 Blacker

There...Done

Gone..hunt/norman/dufty/t.Sims/k.sims/Saab/aitken/host/frizell...And we have enough money to make this happen...we can all rest easy now....

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Of course...add him to the list...Chuck in tariq along with korbin and that should do the trick....of course, Munster should also be on that list....over to you Mr Millward. If we can get this done...then

1. Teddy
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. JAC
6. munster
7. DCE
8 Klemmer
9 mcInnes
10. JWH
11 Vaughan
12 Fui
14 Taumololo
15 Kerr
16 Sullivan
17 Blacker

There...Done

Gone..hunt/norman/dufty/t.Sims/k.sims/Saab/aitken/host/frizell...And we have enough money to make this happen...we can all rest easy now....
I REALLY like that team.
Imagine! If only.....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

1. Teddy
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. JAC
6. munster
7. DCE
8 Klemmer
9 mcInnes
10. JWH
11 Vaughan
12 Fui
14 Taumololo
15 Kerr
16 Sullivan
17 Blacker

There...Done

The funniest thing is that probably isn’t the most unrealistic lineup I’ve seen on here:joy:

possm

Coach
I REALLY like that team.
Imagine! If only.....
Well if our Board and CEO were on the ball at the time, we did have the salary cap to replace Dugan with Tedesco if we had third party sponsorship in place.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
iu

All in good fun....sorry couldn't help myself .............

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As we stand at present:

We currently have 25 NRL contracted players for 2021. Those being:

Halves (4) - Clune, Hunt, Norman, Sullivan

Backs (9) - Williame, Ramsey, Saab, JP, Max Feagai, Matt Feagai, Dufty, Ravalawa, Lomax

Forwards (12) - Brittain, Lawrie, McInnes, Blacker, JDB, Ford, Kerr, K. Sims, T. Sims, Vaughan, Merrin, Fuimaono

Development Squad (4) - Amone, SSE, H. Lomax, Sloan

Unsigned (1) - Ellis

At this stage we need 5 (4 if they are considering Ellis) signings, which could possibly be 6 come November and JDB.

There really isnt much available on the market (maybe Asiata but thats it). To me, our targets appear to be 'under contract' at their current clubs, which of course, involves a lot more discussion and maneuvering. I have a feeling there may be some interesting one's to say the least, as the names mentioned don't total the 5 required.

Patience people, patience. We need to get this right this time.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
As we stand at present:

Backs (9) - Williame, Ramsey, Saab, JP, Max Feagai, Matt Feagai, Dufty, Ravalawa, Lomax

Forwards (12) - Brittain, Lawrie, McInnes, Blacker, JDB, Ford, Kerr, K. Sims, T. Sims, Vaughan, Merrin, Fuimaono

Unsigned (1) - Ellis

At this stage we need 5 (4 if they are considering Ellis) signings, which could possibly be 6 come November and JDB.

There really isnt much available on the market (maybe Asiata but thats it). To me, our targets appear to be 'under contract' at their current clubs, which of course, involves a lot more discussion and maneuvering. I have a feeling there may be some interesting one's to say the least, as the names mentioned don't total the 5 required.

I think most clubs are waiting for the salary cap to finalised.

As we stand at present:

Unsigned (1) - Ellis

Only the Dragons could have a squad like the current 25 players signed.

Fullback Dufty/Ramsey(2)
Wingers JP Matt Fegai, Rava, Saab (5)
Centres Williame, Lomax, Max Fegai (3)

Williame is an average journeyman
JP and Rava fringe first graders, though Rava did improve towards the end of the season.

The remaining players listed above are kids with potential.

Halves Hunt, Norman, Clune and Sullivan
Good mix of experience and youth.

Apart from McInnes and a motivated Vaughan and T.Sims, the rest of the forwards are bench forwards. I exclude JDB from my comments as
We don’t know whether he will be in our roster in 2021.

We need 5 top shelf signings.

No more purchases from the bargain bin please Hook/Millward.

Hoping some of the fringe forwards are moved on to create space for some top forwards.

George Sancti

Juniors
The return of Jai Field perhaps

I would not be disappointed to see Jai Field return to the club, especially if we could find an exit strategy for Norman. Field is still young and may develop with professional coaching . At worst he would provide decent backup for the first grade team and possibly could develop as a dummy half similar to Cook.

Simon

Juniors
As we stand at present:

Unsigned (1) - Ellis

I think you only need 27 by the start of pre season. Last year that was Nov 1, not sure if that changes with the delay in season 2020 ending.
I’d expect just Ellis and Joe O added to start pre season. With the new coach there may be movement in and out before the start of the season. I can see K Sims moving on and maybe some others as well once the players start to understand pecking orders in pre season.

since77

Juniors
I would not be disappointed to see Jai Field return to the club, especially if we could find an exit strategy for Norman. Field is still young and may develop with professional coaching . At worst he would provide decent backup for the first grade team and possibly could develop as a dummy half similar to Cook.
He was pretty ordinary in the few games he played for Parramatta. No surprise they didn’t renew him. He can run fast. That’s not a good enough skill set for a first grade footballer unfortunately.

George Sancti

Juniors

1. Teddy
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. JAC
6. munster
7. DCE
8 Klemmer
9 mcInnes
10. JWH
11 Vaughan
12 Fui
14 Taumololo
15 Kerr
16 Sullivan
17 Blacker

There...Done

We don't need DCE !!

thebigredv

First Grade
I know our signings will be in the forwards but need to look at Aitken replacement and we could do worse than get Takairangi for some centres depth on a cheap 2 year contract. Eels have let him go and I can't imagine he will command lots at his age.

epDragon62

First Grade
Disagree

Dea

Juniors

It’s a no from me re Field. We may not of done him right when he was with us but we have moved on and have 2 young guys coming through. I don’t want more people getting in their way of development. Besides which, our priority has to be on forwards. In the last few games of this year teams just kept on coming down the middle and seemed to almost score at will. We need some muscle and mongrel in the middle much more than quick halfback who hasn’t held down a position for many years.