What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

bluefox68

Staff member
Flanno jnr to the dogs makes no sense when his old man is back here soon enough.

cya chad
I actually think FJ showed more when he was with us than Chad has ever shown.
I tried not to pay attention when he was a Rooster - LOL...

President Trump

Juniors
I actually think FJ showed more when he was with us than Chad has ever shown.
I tried not to pay attention when he was a Rooster - LOL...

On the forum we all seemed to like Chad when he debuted back around 2012/3 but that may have been because it was a bit of a lean period and we all assumed he would improve when he didn't really.

snout

First Grade
Shocking time at the broncos. Very smart thinker. Ideal for an assistant role.
Seibold walked into souths and reaped the rewards of a club run by sam burgess. Any club with this at the helm plus inglis, cook, reynolds and cody walker was going to go very bloody well.
A pack of stalwarts as well plus john sutton and alex johnston.
Seibold was successful because he didnt change anything.

Ever hear the guy speak. Would put an insomniac into a coma.
A smart guy who cannot communicate without getting yawned at.
He went to the broncos with a game plan from Harvard.
He couldn't explain it and they couldnt understand it because darius milford oates lodge and the others are the dumbest team in the comp.

Ads

First Grade
Seibold walked into souths and reaped the rewards of a club run by sam burgess. Any club with this at the helm plus inglis, cook, reynolds and cody walker was going to go very bloody well.
A pack of stalwarts as well plus john sutton and alex johnston.
Seibold was successful because he didnt change anything.

Ever hear the guy speak. Would put an insomniac into a coma.
A smart guy who cannot communicate without getting yawned at.
He went to the broncos with a game plan from Harvard.
He couldn't explain it and they couldnt understand it because darius milford oates lodge and the others are the dumbest team in the comp.
I do not want him as head coach. He is infinitely better than our assistants. He's worked with Bellamy, origin teams and would certainly be helpful. John Morris desperately needs help otherwise his career ends next season.

King Ben

Juniors
On the forum we all seemed to like Chad when he debuted back around 2012/3 but that may have been because it was a bit of a lean period and we all assumed he would improve when he didn't really.

You either retire a hero or live long enough to become Jeff Robson. Chad is now Jeff Robson.

Version IV

Juniors
It makes sense Chad to Roosters he got Cronk after he won gf with storm, which halfback before Cronk won gf it was Chad, remember he was crucial in the Barba try

cb4

First Grade
Morris- gets an under-resourced Sharks team to the finals = no good.

Seibold- takes probably the highest resourced team in the history of Rugby League to a spoon = worth a look.
No one said Seibold for head Coach though.
He is absolutely worth a look as an assistant.
The good assistants are being snapped up quickly and we are heading down the path of having Morris supported by Jeff Robson.

Getting some first grade experience with him is crucial.

Quicksilver

Bench
No one said Seibold for head Coach though.
He is absolutely worth a look as an assistant.
The good assistants are being snapped up quickly and we are heading down the path of having Morris supported by Jeff Robson.

Getting some first grade experience with him is crucial.

That isn’t exactly my point.

I’m just highlighting that people just blanket Morris as a bad coach without any context of the challenges he faces, yet will latch on to someone who on the surface did far worse with more.

Anyway, these things are always difficult for supporters to get a handle on.

For all we know Jeff Robson might be the next Jack Gibson.

ghoti

Bench

That's the funniest thing about this forum...did the exact same Chad hype when he was coming through the ranks, was exasperated that Robson was getting a run ahead of him, cried that Chad never got a run inside Carney, gutted to lose him to the Warriors and then ecstatic on his return. The parallels to Flanno behind Chad and leaving (and Chad behind Robson and leaving) are so so so funny. Now we want Kyle back after he put in a few 6/10s last year and stank it up with the Roosters? Then what happens if Kyle doesn't kick on over the next three seasons? Cycle starts all over the f**k again..

I'm fine with moving Chad on if we can find something better than what we have, but the Kyle talk is kinda odd. I have huge concerns that if he couldn't perform with Keary and Tedesco running off him how he's gonna fare with our backs.. my only optimism in that comes from Morris looking to do a Penrith with our kids and keep them together. I just dunno if ours are good enough though

Quicksilver

Bench
Right on Ghoti.

I think you could construct a decent side around FJ and Brailey as the core of your spine over the longer term though.

But of course it all depends how much you pay. If Flanno doesn’t kick on to be elite but is still a solid first grade player then you can put your half money into a good 5/8. (As long as you don’t get caught in a trap of over-paying)

I think there is something to be said about keeping a consistent roster for continuity and understanding between players.

Problems always seem to arise when you put high expectations on players and they don’t quite reach that level- even if they are decent players.

Tiger Shark

Bench
So Johnson to miss 10 weeks next year. Oh dear :(

Way too early to speculate. considering he still has to wear a boot for another 4 weeks. Shorter numbers have been quoted by Johnson himself.

Wait till rehab starts and they get a better idea in January next year.

roboshark

Coach
Way too early to speculate. considering he still has to wear a boot for another 4 weeks. Shorter numbers have been quoted by Johnson himself.

Wait till rehab starts and they get a better idea in January next year.

Just going off a report I read today which from memory included quotes from the doctors and the club

R-15-3

Juniors
Seibold is the complete opposite personality to Morris and could really be good at getting some seriousness into the squad with Morris being the good cop still

carinashark

First Grade
Doesn’t Kyle have a contract with the Roosters? Also I thought he wasn’t that well liked by the team in general.

Version IV

Juniors
Doesn’t Kyle have a contract with the Roosters? Also I thought he wasn’t that well liked by the team in general.
You have to admire Roosters attitude if you don't measure up they show you the door, something our club should do.
After this season would be a few being moved on.
Example Jack Williams has not improved as a forward still drops ball, has it stripped misses tackles, move him on