What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

King Sonny Bill may return to the NRL... Which club should he join?

Where should Sonny Bill play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeeJ

Bench
He was good in his last game, should have played for the Warriors, but Sonny loves money.

Sonny had the nerve to make some snarky remark to Gus Gould about doing more to help Polynesians in administrative and coaching roles in the NRL, yet wouldn't even help the team from his own country with the most Polynesian players.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sonny had the nerve to make some snarky remark to Gus Gould about doing more to help Polynesians in administrative and coaching roles in the NRL, yet wouldn't even help the team from his own country with the most Polynesian players.
Sonny cxould do a lot, but money he chases.

That is ok, buytit it is what it is, money, money, money.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Is close to $1000 per minute worth it for what he delivered?
I wonder how many 16 year olds roosters could have given elite training to for $150k?
ROI anybody?

Is close to $1000 per minute worth it for what he delivered?
I wonder how many 16 year olds roosters could have given elite training to for $150k?
ROI anybody?

The club was going for a threepeat which 16 year olds weren’t going to deliver. It was always a gamble but at least it created a buzz for the club and the game marketing-wise, I guess. It gave Matt Nable another paycheque LoL.

blue bags

First Grade
You can't change your past': Candice Warner addresses THAT toilet tryst with Sonny Bill Williams again as Kyle Sandilands discusses his cocaine use again during a candid interview
By JABEEN WAHEED and DEMETER STAMELL FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

PUBLISHED: 12:50 AEDT, 11 November 2020 | UPDATED: 15:20 AEDT, 11 November 2020

Candice Warner briefly addressed her scandalous past during a candid interview on The Kyle & Jackie O Show on Wednesday.

The 35-year-old former Ironwoman and SAS Australia star was asked how she felt about having to talk about her past on the hit reality TV show, specifically her highly publicised tryst in a toilet with Sonny Bill Williams, 13 years ago.

'It is what it is, and you can't change your past,' she said bluntly, after admitting she expected the question to come up during one of the show's famous interrogations.

35536218-8936013-All_is_well_Meanwhile_Candice_revealed_that_she_wasn_t_too_phase-m-56_1605058533489.jpg

Tell-all: Candice Warner briefly addressed her scandalous past during a candid interview on The Kyle & Jackie O Show on Wednesday

In an effort to put her at ease, Kyle Sandilands mentioned his own past, and assured Candice that her hook up hadn't even been that bad.
'We've all done things. I've done that much cocaine and stuff in my life. Who gives a s**t?' the 49-year-old radio host confessed.
Candice was caught in a bathroom hook-up with the 35-year-old rugby league footballer during a night out at the Clovelly Hotel in Sydney back in 2007.

Kyle Sandilands discusses his cocaine use during candid chat

Perspective: In an effort to put her at ease, Kyle Sandilands mentioned his own past, and assured Candice that her hook-up hadn't even been that bad as he spoke about his cocaine use

She addressed their encounter in an episode of SAS Australia, admitting it's something she regrets.

'It is something I am not proud of but something I can never take back,' she said on the reality show.

'I put myself in a situation where I shouldn't have and because of that I brought embarrassment [and] shame to my family.'

Speaking out: The 35-year-old former Ironwoman and SAS Australia star was asked how she felt about having to talk about her past on the hit reality TV show, specifically her highly publicised tryst in a toilet with Sonny Bill Williams, 13 years ago

Last week, the mother-of-three said that an 'enormous weight' has been lifted off her shoulders after she was finally able to address the demons of her past on the series.

She was grilled about her party-girl history and her husband's cricketing scandals during the tense interrogation on Seven's military-style show, last week.

'I've never felt so stripped bare... to feel that vulnerable on the one hand, and to feel this enormous weight lift from my shoulders,' she told Woman's Day recently.

'It is what it is, and you can't change your past,' she said bluntly, after admitting she expected the question to come up during one of the show's famous interrogations

She explained she'd been able to 'grow thick skin' after years of getting slammed online by trolls.

'The only time I've ever taken offence was the time I was accused of being a bad mother,' she added.

'That cut deep because I know I'm a really good mum and a wonderful wife.'

35536288-8936013-_I_have_grown_thick_skin_L_Last_week_the_mother_of_three_said_th-m-3_1605066609394.jpg

'It is something I am not proud of but something I can never take back,' she said on the reality show

Candice Warner addresses THAT toilet tryst as Kyle Sandilands discusses his cocaine use
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...s-cocaine-use-candid-chat-Candice-Warner.html

blue bags

First Grade
Sonny Bill Williams set for TV career after $10 million Toronto Wolfpack contract ended earlier this month
Sonny Bill Williams’ future could have a bit more clarity after his $10 million contract ended early with plenty of options on the table.

Cross-code superstar Sonny Bill Williams’ future could be on television as a commentator for both rugby league and union on Channel 9.

Williams could follow in the footsteps of past greats who have transitioned into the commentary box with SMH’s Danny Weidler reporting that a meeting this week could seal his future.

But more than just being an NRL commentator, Williams could be the face of the recently acquired rugby union broadcast on Stan.

Weidler wrote: “There have already been seeds planted and a crucial meeting this week will see if all parties are on the same path.

“Plenty of hosts work across multiple sports but there are few who can work as expert commentators in more than one.”

While nothing is in concrete as yet, It could give Williams some more clarity as to his future after his $10 million contract with Canadian rugby league club the Toronto Wolfpack was ended early after the club was blocked from re-entry into the UK Super League.

The Canadian club decided to withdraw from the 2020 Super League after earning its way into the top flight rugby league competition when the COVID-19 pandemic struck with the cost and logistics of Transatlantic travel proving too difficult for the fledgling club.

Having played just six games for six losses before pulling out, the Super League board rejected the Wolfpack’s submission to return to the Super League competition.
But it also left the career of the NRL premiership winner and two-time Rugby World Cup winner with the All Blacks up in air.

Would-you-like-to-hear-Sonny-Bill-Williams-in-the-commentary-box_5OWBpQLXp.jpg

Would you like to hear Sonny Bill Williams in the commentary box?
After the season suspension, Williams signed with the Sydney Roosters and although he had mixed reviews, pundits raved about the effect the football great had in the change rooms.

NRL.com reported that SBW would be open to offers once he recovered from neck surgery sustained in the Roosters’ final round loss to South Sydney.

Earlier this month, NRL great Paul Gallen told 2GB he didn’t believe Williams would bother returning to rugby league and instead focus on a boxing career.

“What’s that worth to a club these days? $500,000? That’s decent money for the average Joe but this is Sonny Bill,” Gallen said. “He’s made a whole lot of money his whole careers: is he going to play for $500,000?”

Gallen said SBW could have “three or four fights against bums and earn himself $500,000 to $750,000 a fight”.

Gallen said “he’d probably get a couple of mill if he wanted to fight me”.

3a87439790a320823558186ac7c686c6

SBW does have the credentials.Source:Getty Images

But a move into the Nine stable could be lucrative for the sporting superstar, particularly if he pursues a move into boxing.

With a potential move into boxing and the launch of Stan’s sport package, Weidler suggested that SBW could be convinced to do a pay-per-view deal with Stan for his boxing career.
https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...d/news-story/0142123d804793170c3cbdd906362205

DeeJ

Bench
Oh gosh I hope he will just be commentating on union and not league. He would be the worst of a poor bunch, and that's not a slight about his accent.

cooko

Juniors
If Cordner has an extended stint on the sidelines what are the chances of the roosters getting some cap relief from the NRL and SBW has another 4 or 5 game cameo?

The_Frog

First Grade
I knew something was wrong. Hadn't heard of Dave Warner breaking up with his missus, then looked at the date of the article.

If Cordner has an extended stint on the sidelines what are the chances of the roosters getting some cap relief from the NRL and SBW has another 4 or 5 game cameo?
Less than Nil. It was a conflagration of factors that allowed that to happen, like holes in swiss cheese lining up. One hole didn't line up though. SBW wasn't of NRL standard, so the Roosters won't want him.