What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Tristan Sailor charged with alleged sexual assault

myrrh ken

First Grade
The ABC article also says the friend denies Sailor asking them. Which makes it a bit more intriguing.

Chimp

Bench
I might be way off, but when I read those texts and the fact he’d asked her mate too, I just presumed all 3 of them were getting freaky together, that’s the only way it would make sense - he got consent from both as he was rattling them both....

Front-Rower

First Grade
Of course her friend is going to say that he didn’t ask.

I’m no legal expert though doesn’t the law state that if a person is intoxicated, no matter how badly, they weren’t in a state to give consent?

Messy messy. Like someone said before, he would have been better off to go home

Tiger5150

Bench
How does two large media outlets get the text messages so badly wrong? There is a massive difference between "I asked you and [friends name] and alls sweet" and "I asked you beforehand".

Journalism is dead.

Perth Red

Post Whore
How does two large media outlets get the text messages so badly wrong? There is a massive difference between "I asked you and [friends name] and alls sweet" and "I asked you beforehand".

Journalism is dead.

I had a personal experience where a family members death was in coroners court. The journos literally published a front page story that had loads of details in it totally made up! Never happened, never got said it happened in the court and yet they just added stuff into the story. I wouldn't trust anything most journos come out with, even in the slightest.

_snafu_

Immortal
I might be way off, but when I read those texts and the fact he’d asked her mate too, I just presumed all 3 of them were getting freaky together, that’s the only way it would make sense - he got consent from both as he was rattling them both....

Better than an alleged spit roast.

SBD82

Coach
What's with those text messages? We've got two different stories here, a transcription from the ABC saying the missing word is "beforehand" which doesn't really fit in with the "and" before it, and other reports saying it's someone's name.

Makes much more sense that it's a name, but then why would it be redacted in such a way if it's a screenshot taken from a phone? Surely it would just be blurred or blacked out like the name/number at the top is?

Anyway, I just thought that was strange. Those messages in no way prove this dude is innocent unlike what his lawyer says, and only confirm that he did bang the woman. Seems to have left in a hurry too, as his own response indicates he's aware that she didn't notice him leaving. The text messages don't really look good for him, and if he ends up getting off the charges I think it will be one of those unproven results, and not actually proven innocent.
Disclaimer: this is purely a guess.

I’d say the graphic design department has mocked up the text message exchange based on what was read in court. The brief wouldn’t have been served yet and I’ve never seen a brief that looks as clean as those images. The way it’s formatted says that it’s from Tristan’s phone, and I think it’d be weird for the defence to provide a screenshot to the media. There's also no network listed in the top left hand corner.

Since the media wouldn’t have been able to record in court, and shouldn’t have access to the transcripts, my guess is that the content is based on notes taken by a journo sitting in the court. Two journos could have easily heard different words.

Incidentally, since COVID-19 restrictions came into play, the Weekend bail courts have been limiting the numbers of people in the courthouse. A couple of months ago they were still phoning in some court staff instead of having them there in person. They may have eased restrictions since then, I don’t know. Not sure how this has effected the media’s physical presence in the court.

simmo05

Bench
Surely in this age of technology, a young bloke would hit at least voice record before rooting a Sheila. Could potentially save years of gaol on the off chance that you are being stitched up

Smack

Coach
Surely in this age of technology, a young bloke would hit at least voice record before rooting a Sheila. Could potentially save years of gaol on the off chance that you are being stitched up

a lot of famous people make them sign nda's and consent forms prior