What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

aqua_duck

Coach
Its interesting to see the difference in attitude between the knights and roosters. They have a halfback who tbh didnt have that bad of a season yet cause they didnt win it this year they are looking to offload. We have a halfback who has played terribly all year and probably was the cause of alot of our losses this year yet we are looking to extend him
Pearce is a protected species though

Knight Vision

First Grade
Laurie Daley : “The Roosters are a team that want to win.”

Also, Laurie Daley : “I reckon they’ll bring Mitchell Pearce back!”

I can’t, I can’t even.....

What the hell is wrong with him?
someone might have said it tongue in cheek and Daley has taken it seriously. It's the only explanation.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Laurie Daley : “The Roosters are a team that want to win.”

Also, Laurie Daley : “I reckon they’ll bring Mitchell Pearce back!”

I can’t, I can’t even.....

What the hell is wrong with him?

What are you talking about? Of course you can.

Mitchell Pearce is a premiership and origin winning halfback. He has a ton of experience and always remains calm under pressure.

I think the Roosters would be mad not to bring him back. They must do so at all costs. Their record of success hinges on it. I mean it's going to be hard for us to let him go, but in the end we need to do what's right for the Roosters.

aqua_duck

Coach
What are you talking about? Of course you can.

Mitchell Pearce is a premiership and origin winning halfback. He has a ton of experience and always remains calm under pressure.

I think the Roosters would be mad not to bring him back. They must do so at all costs. Their record of success hinges on it. I mean it's going to be hard for us to let him go, but in the end we need to do what's right for the Roosters.
Not to mention his world class short kicking game, defence, leadership and short balls to the backrower is exactly what they're missing. It'd be the next best thing to Cronk making a come back

Knight Vision

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/b8292ebc0451414da9dd3a8c582a2a4a

KNIGHTS

2020 squad: Mitchell Barnett (2020), Bradman Best (2022), Jayden Brailey (2022), Phoenix Crossland (2021), Herman Ese’ese (2020), Lachlan Fitzgibbon (2021), Tim Glasby (2021), Aidan Guerra (2020), Tex Hoy (2021), Hymel Hunt (2021), Brodie Jones (2020), Josh King (2020), David Klemmer (2023), Edrick Lee (2021), Mason Lino (2020), Kurt Mann (2021), Sione Mata’utia (2021), Andrew McCullough (2020) Tautau Moga (2020), Jirah Momoisea (2022), Mitchell Pearce (2021), Kalyn Ponga (2021, PO 22), Tyronne Roberts-Davis (2020), Daniel Saifiti (2022), Jacob Saifiti (2022), Pasami Saulo (2022), Gehamat Shibasaki (2022), Star To’a (2021), Enari Tuala (2021), Connor Watson (2020), Blake Green (2020)

2021 gains: Tyson Frizell (from Dragons until 2023), Dom Young (from Huddersfield until 2023)

2021 losses: Herman Ese’ese (Titans), Andrew McCullough (loan back to Broncos), Blake Green (Bulldogs), Aidan Guerra, Tim Glasby (retired)

Coach: Adam O’Brien (2022)

Loose Cannon

Bench
As much as they’re all simpletons on NRL360, it was good to get some media against Pearce’s value just now, Particularly Ikin’s call.

Check it out, first 10 minutes dedicated.

Spot On

Coach
As much as they’re all simpletons on NRL360, it was good to get some media against Pearce’s value just now, Particularly Ikin’s call.

Check it out, first 10 minutes dedicated.

Good to hear them give it to a few of our highly paid stars especially the 2 x million dollar players.

Sounds like Pearce's management is unhappy with the revised length of any extension after 2021 so a few rumours about other clubs wanting him have been hatched as a counter.

Farkin lol.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Good to hear them give it to a few of our highly paid stars especially the 2 x million dollar players.

Sounds like Pearce's management is unhappy with the revised length of any extension after 2021 so a few rumours about other clubs wanting him have been hatched as a counter.

Farkin lol.
this

The only clubs that would want Pearce would be those in the bottom 4, and even that's a long shot.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Don't like the bloke but I hope Hooper is on the money- Knights just buying more time. AOB is no fool, he knows what we all know - Pearce is done and not the answer.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/n...n/news-story/fd78c9f8f0781263fd79c8984c9a384a

Where there is smoke there is fire when it comes to Mitchell Pearce’s future at the Knights as the star half is linked to a return to the Roosters.....

The noise around Mitchell Pearce’s $1 million Newcastle contract has sparked all sorts of conspiracy theories as the Knights search for answers to make the club a genuine premiership threat.

The Sydney Roosters link is one obvious connection doing the rounds given some of Pearce’s best mates are still playing at the club and the no.7 won a premiership with the Tricolours in 2013.

The swap deal with the Parramatta Eels and Mitchell Moses is another theory doing the rounds but that’s been shot down in flames by both clubs and was most likely devised by a well-known player agent.

Irrespective, there is no question where there is smoke there is fire around Pearce at Newcastle.

Midway through the year the Knights were talking about offering Pearce a two-year extension to take the halfback through until the end of 2023, when he’d be 34.

Given Pearce has already played 297 NRL matches, the two-year extension would have just about seen him out.

Then that got pulled and it became a one-year extension until with the reasoning being it remained in line with coach Adam O’Brien and when he comes off contract.

Now even that’s off the table – for now.

Knights coach O’Brien telephoned Pearce on Tuesday to tell him to ignore all the speculation and go and enjoy a break.

O’Brien reasoned when Pearce returns from a holiday, the Knights will sit down and work out a new deal for 2022.

Reading between the lines that sounds like the Knights are buying time.

The next play could be a tough conversation.

The Knights may tell Pearce they’ll wait and see how he starts next season and then figure it out from there.

Pearce has been around long enough to read the tea leaves. It’s not his first rodeo after being squeezed out for Cooper Cronk the last time the Roosters lost back-to-back finals games.

NRL rookie playmaker Kyle Flanagan is now living through a similar situation.

Forget Pearce being at the Roosters next year. The Chooks simply don’t have the money.

But there is a feel-good narrative the Tricolours may take him back for one farewell swansong in 2022.

Burwood

Bench
Gardner is a smart bloke, but he really needs to shut his mouth when it comes to players, staff and the running of the team. He has a habit of saying things to the media where perhaps it was best to keep quiet.