What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So is Hayne let's sign him.....
Hayne was our most dangerous back in 2018. The reason we f**ked him off is because of his effect on morale and unity.
There is a reason he is not signed up yet for next season.
Dozens of players are unsigned for next season. Teams like to get their top 17 and minimum salary players sorted before they try to fit the rest under the cap.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Think it was the telegraph nrl podcast where they mentioned it’s bit of a buyers market are the moment with NRL players especially the fringe ones as the super league isnt the best option with COVID 19 (especially players with young family’s). So there is an additionally 20-30 players available. They said something like players who may get $250k can only hope for $150k....

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Think it was the telegraph nrl podcast where they mentioned it’s bit of a buyers market are the moment with NRL players especially the fringe ones as the super league isnt the best option with COVID 19 (especially players with young family’s). So there is an additionally 20-30 players available. They said something like players who may get $250k can only hope for $150k....
Yes was mobbs I think that said that. Maybe Carryanis. Good podcast, even Buzz is good value. Puts a bit of shit on himself.

That'll certainly affect the price of some players, but ultimately the clubs have to spend a certain proportion of their salary cap. So, it's got to go to someone.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
That'll certainly affect the price of some players, but ultimately the clubs have to spend a certain proportion of their salary cap. So, it's got to go to someone.

I don’t think its stopping clubs spending their cap, just means clubs are better players for less. For example, we want a back up hooker and only want to spend $150k, peats may be willing to take that $150k from us instead of $250k overseas. Thus getting a better back up but with the same budget.

I don’t think its stopping clubs spending their cap, just means clubs are better players for less. For example, we want a back up hooker and only want to spend $150k, peats may be willing to take that $150k from us instead of $250k overseas. Thus getting a better back up but with the same budget.

Yeh, that makes sense I guess.

T-Boon

Coach
Hayne was our most dangerous back in 2018. The reason we f**ked him off is because of his effect on morale and unity.

We re-sign him but for what came up at the end of 2018. It is pure speculation that he was a negative influence on morale. It doesn't make any sense since everyone likes him.

JokerEel

Coach

Dozens of players are unsigned for next season. Teams like to get their top 17 and minimum salary players sorted before they try to fit the rest under the cap.

You think Peats would up the Moral :thinking:

Stop looking at the past. The club needs to move in a different direction Peats is not it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We re-sign him but for what came up at the end of 2018. It is pure speculation that he was a negative influence on morale. It doesn't make any sense since everyone likes him.
I'm not sure that everyone does. But I've also known quite a few dudes who were likeable but not good team members.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You think Peats would up the Moral :thinking:
I don't think he would make much difference either way. But he's definitely at NRL backup standard, which is what we need, and he has plenty of experience too, which is always useful in the group.
Stop looking at the past. The club needs to move in a different direction Peats is not it.
This makes zero sense.

As a backup at the right price he's OK. As a bench hooker not so sure. The footy people here would know better. Is there a player that can do both? At the right price?

Latest posts