What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Choiboi

Juniors
King Nuffo was as bad as Moses in those tries - gifting the ball to Sirro Jnr & his absurd backwards swan dive in the pathetic attempt to tackle Cook.

Yeah he had a few bad reads but credit where it is due, he had a good first half. He was everywhere trying his arse off. He scored two tries and had a try assist.

Moses just went MIA, didn't help his Gutho at all who was probably trying too hard....

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yeah he had a few bad reads but credit where it is due, he had a good first half. He was everywhere trying his arse off. He scored two tries and had a try assist.

Moses just went MIA, didn't help his Gutho at all who was probably trying too hard....

Agree, I love a Gutho bag session but credit where it’s due he was great and probably the best player on the field. Yeah the mistake for Siros try was horrible but without him they lose by 30.

Either way there’s no way he should have had to clean that ball up if the 7 wasn’t a completely useless piece of shit and kicked the goal from dead in front

BrotherJim05

Bench
Said this once, said it at least 34 times -- Moses is a DOWNHILL SKiER.

Put him in an amazing side when they are on and he will have the team winning by 26 instead of 6. When the chips are down he is the reason they will lose by 4 instead of win by 2

gordsy

Juniors
I didn't think Gutho's tries were that good, rather he was doing what any decent fullback should, trailing others for oppurtunities. As for him spilling the ball that's one of those odd plays that just happens occasionally.
His effort to chase down people in the clear and do his best in cover is something plenty of players could learn from though.

For the right price, I'd sign him

Tigerm

First Grade
I didn't think Gutho's tries were that good, rather he was doing what any decent fullback should, trailing others for oppurtunities. As for him spilling the ball that's one of those odd plays that just happens occasionally.
His effort to chase down people in the clear and do his best in cover is something plenty of players could learn from though.

For the right price, I'd sign him
What’s the right price?

Choiboi

Juniors
Wayne Bennett on Wests Tigers..

“There was a three-year deal with them (Tigers) on offer and I would have done the deal with the Tigers if the Broncos were up front with me and told me they were going to sack me for 2019.

“I gave my word I was staying at the Broncos and I intended to honour my final 12 months, so that’s why I knocked back the Tigers.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/c98b3b131d72c13f5c360d44e6cdf258

Choiboi

Juniors
Surely, Flanno jnr is worth a look @ 280k (+ a few brown paper bags haha)?

Young, kicks goals, playmaker and cheap

NRL OUTCASTS
BRONCOS

- Jack Bird (2021): $975,000

- Matt Lodge (2022): $650,000

- Brodie Croft (2021): $450,000

- Joe Ofahengaue (2022): $500,000

SHARKS

- Matt Moylan (2021) : $850,000

- Josh Dugan (2021) : $850,000

- Andrew Fifita (2022) : $850,000

TIGERS

- Josh Reynolds (2021): $850,000

- Russell Packer (2021): $750,000

- Moses Mbye (2022): $815,000

COWBOYS

- Josh McGuire (2022): $650,000

- Jake Granville (2021) $400,000

RABBITOHS

- James Roberts (2021) $550,000

DRAGONS

- Corey Norman (2021): $850,000

PANTHERS

- Dean Whare (2022): $460,000

ROOSTERS

- Kyle Flanagan (2021): $280,000

Tigerm

First Grade
Does Reynolds and Mbye's salary get bigger every 12 months? Was sure they were both around $750k.
I always believed Josh was on this amount.

But, i always thought Moses was on $900k +, but some being paid by the Dogs.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
upload_2020-10-15_13-24-5.png

Pretty bold play from Moylans manager here. The quotes above are from a WWOS NRL article which itself borrows from a DT article. If someone can post the DT article that would be good.

I havent seen enough of Moylan in the past few years to really comment on his ability but I guess every fan would say that because he so rarely plays?

not sure whether he'd be of more value than Josh Reynolds on similar money? Assume he plays FB if he comes to WT?

Tigerm

First Grade
View attachment 42963

Pretty bold play from Moylans manager here. The quotes above are from a WWOS NRL article which itself borrows from a DT article. If someone can post the DT article that would be good.

I havent seen enough of Moylan in the past few years to really comment on his ability but I guess every fan would say that because he so rarely plays?

not sure whether he'd be of more value than Josh Reynolds on similar money? Assume he plays FB if he comes to WT?
Didn’t he say he didn’t want to play for us, a season or so back?
Rather keep Josh than this bloke.

Fordy20

Juniors
His manager is fooling no one. We don't want Moylan and he doesn't want to come here even if we did want him. He brushed us the first time before the player swap with Maloney and brushed us again in the midst of the Latrell Mitchell saga when Sharks gave him permission to test the market.

There's no room for him even if Reynolds, Packer or Mbye moved on. Doueihi is younger, cheaper, less injury prone and actually wants to be here.

FEC1F3E8-4744-49CE-917F-657D878420E9.jpeg
I think he was the recipient of some pretty bad advice in his hey day. Too many of these kids are fed crap, swallow it and it creeps back.

Latrell was the goat this time last year and now he looks like he will have an injury plagued career.

I wouldn’t mind James Roberts if Souths will release him and hopefully boy wonder, but not on union money.

Kyle seems value at that price.