What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Davis was used in the trials, we had top 30 spots available when the season started, so why wouId we promote either of them at the time when we didn’t need a hooker.

Was a smart more having both play NSW cup and promote the one with the better form at the time we needed a hooker.....

So yeah we did have hookers with potential in our squad....

Ah it’s waffle.....of course when you have nothing else intelligent to add...BTW the last time we signed a Roache type player (average at best ) was Smith and you give him shit all time .....
Davies his name is Davies by the way, was a 7 and an average one at that. Only someone with the genius footballing mind of Bea thought he could turn him into a dummy half and that was actually good enough for a side challenging for the title.

And I’m pretty sure Daviseeeeees was promoted into the top 30 in the off season. And I’ll say again we did not have one proper dummy half option after 21 year old Mahoney in his second season in our top 30.

More waffle incoming.........

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Davies his name is Davies by the way, was a 7 and an average one at that. Only someone with the genius footballing mind of Bea thought he could turn him into a dummy half and that was actually good enough for a side challenging for the title.

And I’m pretty sure Daviseeeeees was promoted into the top 30 in the off season. And I’ll say again we did not have one proper dummy half option after 21 year old Mahoney in his second season in our top 30.

More waffle incoming.........
Did you see Davies play? He was quick and tough with f**k all skill. Far better suited to dummy half than halfback.

Soto

Bench
Annnnnnnnnnnnnd he's gone.
Just get Levi or Granville..Levi would cost FA and do a job. Granville is being shopped by the Cows. If they pay a fair chunk of his contract we snag a bargain.
Granville is also a former premiership winner. Yes 31 now but i think he would have 2 or 3 more years left in him..

Joely01

Bench
I thought a coach was appointed to win a grand final rather than just playing final games and only winning one. Or have I got that wrong?

Of course that’s the dream goal for every club and coach each year.
But there’s a thing called a realist goal, which every club would set.
For example the Dogs wouldn’t have had a goal of winning the comp this year, probably more realistic to finish in the top of the bottom 8.
With the injuries and MJ situation that happened at the end of the season, the way we finished would be a pass mark, only just but it would be!

There’s 16 teams in the comp, only 1 coach is winning the competition each year. Most coaches are judged on improvements each year, BA has been improving

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just get Levi or Granville..Levi would cost FA and do a job. Granville is being shopped by the Cows. If they pay a fair chunk of his contract we snag a bargain.
Granville is also a former premiership winner. Yes 31 now but i think he would have 2 or 3 more years left in him..
Yuk!! Not much out there I suppose.

The Roosters have about 4 dummy halves just give us one of theirs merkins.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’m not against signing Peats provided it doesn’t chew up too much of our cap space. In theory he can provide a rest for Mahoney for 20 mins a game and still keep our line speed up. Probably leads to less tackling required by Reed and therefore an improvement to his running game.

Joely01

Bench
I’m not against signing Peats provided it doesn’t chew up too much of our cap space. In theory he can provide a rest for Mahoney for 20 mins a game and still keep our line speed up. Probably leads to less tackling required by Reed and therefore an improvement to his running game.

I feel like we need a more attacking based hooker for that 20min spell..
Think back to PJ Marsh and Kevin Kingston, I think parra teams are better with an attacking option at 14

Chipmunk

Coach
Watch for the Roosters land a $1m signing.

I will be interested to see who else the Roosters offload now...I suggest they held onto a few knowing they were going for 3 in a row. Now that they are 3 years away from that at least, I suspect they will try and move a few on. Flanagan and this guy are the first two examples.

84 Baby

Referee
Levi or Granville for small minutes would be great.
Levi doesn't have a club so will work out cheap and Granville will be heavily subsidised by the Cows.
The 1 thing both these 2 provide is direct running from dummy half. Rather them 2 than Peats
Yeah definitely Granville or Levi over Peats. None are great but really we just need someone there so we’re not relying on Mahoney for 80 every week. Same way we need others there so we’re not relying on Paulo, RCG and Nrown

Incorrect

Coach
I will be interested to see who else the Roosters offload now...I suggest they held onto a few knowing they were going for 3 in a row. Now that they are 3 years away from that at least, I suspect they will try and move a few on. Flanagan and this guy are the first two examples.
They should be getting rid of Cordner. Has done his job and is surely not far away from being medically retired if he gets 1 or 2 more concussions...

Um, didn't we already sign him last week?

" At about the time on Friday night that Blake Ferguson was officially scratched for Saturday’s finals clash against South Sydney – joining fellow winger Maiko Sivo on the sidelines – Tom Opacic was signing a contract to join Parramatta next year."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/je...candal-no-one-saw-coming-20201010-p563ut.html