What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Maddragon99

Juniors
DRAGONS - Corey Norman

Norman is off-contract at the end of next year, offering the Dragons a chance to offload the underperforming star five-eighth if they see fit. But his $850,000 a year deal means even still he will continue to take up a fair chunk of the side’s salary cap as they look to lift themselves back into top-eight contention. Norman’s creativity and flair are his best attributes but his nine try assists and seven linebreak assists this season in comparison to 17 and 18 from just one more game last year are a reflection of his form at the moment. Jayden Sullivan showed plenty of potential in the final game of the year and could free up plenty of money without Norman. Ben Hunt is also under pressure to perform on a million-dollar contract but he has more to offer this team and has not been helped by the constant changes in his halves partner and uncertainty around his role in the team.

754b635e5bedd98131f8a21c24191844

Corey Norman has been struggling for form. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)

Maddragon99

Juniors
DRAGONS - Corey Norman

Norman is off-contract at the end of next year, offering the Dragons a chance to offload the underperforming star five-eighth if they see fit. But his $850,000 a year deal means even still he will continue to take up a fair chunk of the side’s salary cap as they look to lift themselves back into top-eight contention. Norman’s creativity and flair are his best attributes but his nine try assists and seven linebreak assists this season in comparison to 17 and 18 from just one more game last year are a reflection of his form at the moment. Jayden Sullivan showed plenty of potential in the final game of the year and could free up plenty of money without Norman. Ben Hunt is also under pressure to perform on a million-dollar contract but he has more to offer this team and has not been helped by the constant changes in his halves partner and uncertainty around his role in the team.

754b635e5bedd98131f8a21c24191844

Corey Norman has been struggling for form. (Photo by Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images)

BULLDOGS - Dylan Napa

The issue with Napa is that he was moving from one of the most successful clubs in the competition to a struggling cellar dweller and he has struggled to maintain the same energy and aggression that defined his career at the Roosters. The injection of Luke Thompson and impending arrival of Jack Hetherington are signs the Bulldogs have identified they need the hunger that Napa was supposed to bring to their forward pack at $650,000 a year. With his contract expiring at the end of 2021, maybe it is the pressure that will fire him up. Blake Green, of course, is also a headache given his torn ACL but the mail is strong that he will take up a job at the Knights instead of going ahead with his deal at the Bulldogs.

dad664a5f0990a42b2eccf1043340ab5

Dylan Napa hasn’t had the desired impact. (AAP

tumbidragon

First Grade
mid the Bulldogs are looking to offload Napa perhaps there’s an opportunity to swap with Norman? Napa is a origin player & we’d only be $200k out of pocket for 2021.

seams like a good deal to me
Mate, id take that swap in a heartbeat. Napa may be a dummy, but he's got the starch our forwards sorely lack atm.

possm

Coach
BULLDOGS - Dylan Napa

The issue with Napa is that he was moving from one of the most successful clubs in the competition to a struggling cellar dweller and he has struggled to maintain the same energy and aggression that defined his career at the Roosters. The injection of Luke Thompson and impending arrival of Jack Hetherington are signs the Bulldogs have identified they need the hunger that Napa was supposed to bring to their forward pack at $650,000 a year. With his contract expiring at the end of 2021, maybe it is the pressure that will fire him up. Blake Green, of course, is also a headache given his torn ACL but the mail is strong that he will take up a job at the Knights instead of going ahead with his deal at the Bulldogs.

dad664a5f0990a42b2eccf1043340ab5

Dylan Napa hasn’t had the desired impact. (AAP
Does anyone think that Griffin can get Napa motivated and playing at his best again?

possm

Coach
And they need a 5/8 To be honest Trent Barrett might be the coach Norman needs
The Dogs are chasing Mitchell Pearce (Newcastle) and Kyle Flannagan (Roosters). However, it would be great if we could offload Norman to the Dogs and Hunt to Newcastle.

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Although Napa would add the much needed starch to our forward stocks, I’ve always thought he’s a bit soft in that he loves to whack people but very rarely does he take those difficult hit ups. I’d prefer a more rounded player. Admittedly though, he’s an upgrade on Norman..

Gareth67

First Grade
I must say that Napa is a possibility , but only as possum has suggested - if indeed Griffin can get him back to his fiery best . He will need to pull his funger out though , therefore I would be signing him on a performance based contract - perform and get a pay rise in your second year or your out the door .

be55

Juniors
And they need a 5/8 To be honest Trent Barrett might be the coach Norman needs
Mate...Trent Barrett isn't a miracle worker...God himself couldn't turn Corey Norman into a first grader...it would truly be a miracle for us if someone took that over priced, waste of space off our hands but i just can't see it happening...No other club in the NRL would be that stupid...I think we are stuck with him :mad:

possm

Coach
Mate...Trent Barrett isn't a miracle worker...God himself couldn't turn Corey Norman into a first grader...it would truly be a miracle for us if someone took that over priced, waste of space off our hands but i just can't see it happening...No other club in the NRL would be that stupid...I think we are stuck with him :mad:
Really, it would be in Norman's best interest to seek a 3 year deal in the ESL. Ask for a release this year and we wont charge the ESL a transfer fee - like they do to us.

George Sancti

Juniors
As Corey Norman is looking at the prospect of spending much of 2021 in reserve grade, his value for 2022 and beyond will be the minimum wage. So it is likely he would accept a moderately lower offer for 2021 to move elsewhere if he could secure a three year contract either in Australia of overseas.

Latest posts