What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poasa Faamausili first official signing

BLM01

First Grade
Looks as though Hook picked up the phone with Politis. :D

With Vaughan starting, don't think big Joe is an option.
Joe should not be playing front row anyway. He was always better in the back row...he was just a fill in at prop cause they were short a few
I like this signing from the Chooks. What the stats dont say is how hard he runs at the line if he is given depth to run onto it. In the past our blokes do it from flat footed attacking lines in a lot of instances.

True_Believer

Juniors
Joe should not be playing front row anyway. He was always better in the back row...he was just a fill in at prop cause they were short a few
I like this signing from the Chooks. What the stats dont say is how hard he runs at the line if he is given depth to run onto it. In the past our blokes do it from flat footed attacking lines in a lot of instances.

Yeah but that's game plan. You look at the way Kerr hits the line with not much speed. Give him and Ellis a bit of depth and you'll see the same thing.

Think about this guy playing our current style. It wouldn't take long for people to be calling him a plodder.

Dragon David

First Grade
Our forwards run from a standing start and do not get very far. If we had 6 tackles on our 10 metre line, we barely make the half way mark to kick on the last tackle whilst other team's forwards tend to get beyond the half way mark against us because they are running hard before they get the ball. That's what our guys should be doing.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Our forwards run from a standing start and do not get very far. If we had 6 tackles on our 10 metre line, we barely make the half way mark to kick on the last tackle whilst other team's forwards tend to get beyond the half way mark against us because they are running hard before they get the ball. That's what our guys should be doing.
Why don’t they?

Dragon David

First Grade
Why don’t they?
Griffin and his merry men will be training our guys next year to do this running before taking the ball approach. Our backs will be doing the same. The better teams like Penrith have been doing a lot of this and mainly due to their fitness and Barrett's way of coaching in attack. The same would apply in defence.

Fitness is the key and Griffin will get our guys very fit.

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree re Joe. He appears more comfortable in the back row. As for the chook signing I’m none the wiser about him but am comfortable in the fact that Hook has his fingerprints over it.

BLM01

First Grade
Yeah but that's game plan. You look at the way Kerr hits the line with not much speed. Give him and Ellis a bit of depth and you'll see the same thing.

Think about this guy playing our current style. It wouldn't take long for people to be calling him a plodder.
That was our style. I am pretty sure it will become in part history

mickeylane

Bench
I’m 100% Certain we will become a fit and competitive top 8 team w Hook in charge - I’d be happy w this for the next 2 years along w the potential of seeing a host of our juniors being established .. I look forward to the day of seeing this backline hopefully in 2021:
Dufty
Ramsay
Fegai
Lomax
Fegai
Sullivan
Hunt

True_Believer

Juniors
That was our style. I am pretty sure it will become in part history

My point is that our style of footy including this year didn't give our players the opportunity to run hard onto the ball.

Anyway, happy to sign him up. I'm sure he'll add some value but I'm not convinced he's the player we need.

BLM01

First Grade
My point is that our style of footy including this year didn't give our players the opportunity to run hard onto the ball.

Anyway, happy to sign him up. I'm sure he'll add some value but I'm not convinced he's the player we need.
As I keep saying we all know what our style was
let’s see what our style becomes and time will tell whether he’s a good purchase or not
what I’ve seen of him in a different team with a good style is he goes hard And that is all I’m asking for which includes our current crop

possm

Coach
I’m 100% Certain we will become a fit and competitive top 8 team w Hook in charge - I’d be happy w this for the next 2 years along w the potential of seeing a host of our juniors being established .. I look forward to the day of seeing this backline hopefully in 2021:
Dufty
Ramsay
Fegai
Lomax
Fegai
Sullivan
Hunt
I'd say we don't need Dufty and Hunt. We need a durable fullback who can defend at the back and always take the high ball with confidence.

I'd like to see Hunt's 1m salary cap be directed to recruit a good fullback. I'd also like to see Dufty moved to 6 in the reserve grade side and then push his way into first grade as our five-eighth. A Sullivan / Dufty halves combination would be awesome. So:

1. New Fullback
2. Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Sullivan then Dufty
7. Clune then Sullivan

Latest posts