What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Queensland Maroons 2020

davi

Juniors
MUNZTER probably ruled out zoon , needs surgery on the bad knee, shoulder

That one is a severe blow. Atleast with Kalyn Ponga out it gives AJ Brimson a chance to shine as there was some debate about who is in better form. Cameron Munster out makes it difficult considering Michael Morgan is also out. Anthony Milford is also out but realistically on form he shouldn't be picked anyway. Morgan shouldn't either although he has some excuse with injury.

I've read Ben Hunt is likely to pair with Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves. But Hunt form this year has been up and down as well. Hunt always had the potential to be great but for whatever reason just hasn't got it done since 2015. Hunt at least seems to care though, unlike other players who are not performing on their pay packet.

Silent Knight

First Grade
How on earth is that plodder Paddy Carrigan in the Maroons squad? He’s like a poor man’s Josh Jackson :)

Oh how the mighty Maroons have fallen when you’re giving the jersey away that cheaply.

SBD82

Coach
That one is a severe blow. Atleast with Kalyn Ponga out it gives AJ Brimson a chance to shine as there was some debate about who is in better form. Cameron Munster out makes it difficult considering Michael Morgan is also out. Anthony Milford is also out but realistically on form he shouldn't be picked anyway. Morgan shouldn't either although he has some excuse with injury.

I've read Ben Hunt is likely to pair with Daly Cherry-Evans in the halves. But Hunt form this year has been up and down as well. Hunt always had the potential to be great but for whatever reason just hasn't got it done since 2015. Hunt at least seems to care though, unlike other players who are not performing on their pay packet.
Pretty generous to say that Hunt’s form was up and down this year.

I watched every game he played. I must have missed the “ups”.

aqua_duck

Coach
How on earth is that plodder Paddy Carrigan in the Maroons squad? He’s like a poor man’s Josh Jackson :)

Oh how the mighty Maroons have fallen when you’re giving the jersey away that cheaply.
Carrigan is a prime example of quantity over quality

lockyno1

Post Whore

Lord knows. He gives hope to all the plodding crabs of the world

Big Pete

Referee
I can see the Carrigan criticisms and I think the Broncos were guilty of giving him the ball too much on critical plays but he's only 22 years of age and does get through plenty of quality work. At 156m, 67 PCM and 46 tackles average I don't have any issue with them offering him an invitation to join the camp and rub shoulders with some of the elite forwards in the game.

DeeJ

Bench
Is there anyway we can get Keary on some technicality? He was born and raised in Ipswich - I know in his heart of hearts he would want to play for QLD.

ALX25

Juniors
Rabbitohs fullback Corey Allan was the only player charged out of Saturday night's preliminary final at ANZ Stadium.

Allan was charged with a grade one shoulder charge for his hit on Panther Josh Mansour in the 15th minute and will miss the opening game of the 2021 season with an early guilty plea.

Wonder if he will be named in the squad now? Do we carry two backs suspended for Game 1?

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/17/no-judiciary-charges-from-storm-raiders-clash/

ALX25

Juniors
Queensland Rugby League is pleased to announce five players have been added to the Queensland Maroons squad for next month’s State of Origin series.

South Sydney Rabbitohs trio Jaydn Su’A, Corey Allan and Dane Gagai have been selected, along with Canberra Raiders forwards Dunamis Lui and Josh Papalii, after their respective teams were eliminated from the NRL finals.

Read more: https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/10/21/five-players-added-to-maroons-squad/

shear_joy9

Coach
QLD are well and truly f**ked if their backline is:
Brimson
Lee
Gagai
Lee
Allan

DeepRepulsiveAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

Latest posts