What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yes I would only consider Brett. Josh is a jinx wherever he has played.

A little harsh DD- Lomax (and probably Cody Ramsey) will provide a formidable right side attack- our left side is looking far more problematic- Williame has done nothing to suggest he's the answer at left centre and Feagai is promising- but still a kid. Josh and Brett would provide a high level short term fix in one fell swoop and some great mentoring for our young talent.

denis preston

First Grade
Similar to St George Leagues Club.Stuck in a rut and no new ideas to modernise the structures.This club is dying.

Biorhythms down SL ? St George Leagues has made a substantial profit the past 4 years through cutting costs in entertainment , good dining and a football club to which it was born out of , go figure !

Dragon David

First Grade
A little harsh DD- Lomax (and probably Cody Ramsey) will provide a formidable right side attack- our left side is looking far more problematic- Williame has done nothing to suggest he's the answer at left centre and Feagai is promising- but still a kid. Josh and Brett would provide a high level short term fix in one fell swoop and some great mentoring for our young talent.
Both the Morris boys have still a lot in them and guys playing with them would be comfortable knowing that they are in the same team they can be trusted to do what is in front of them. They would be good for us but won't win a grand final together in my opinion.

What I am saying is that Brett has won grand finals at the Dragons and Roosters while Josh, who I think is a jinx, has not been able to win one even at the Roosters. He missed out when Bennett didn't want him so he went to the Bulldogs. He played in 2 grand finals with them under Hasler and lost both, he went to Cronulla after they had won their grand final and now this year didn't make the grand final with the Roosters.

Some players are just not destined to win a grand final - just like Steve Rogers who came to the Dragons too late. Frank Facer didn't take him on when he wanted to play with us before he joined the Sharks. I think Rogers would have won a grand final had he come through a different door and Frank agreed to sign him up but it didn't happen and the rest is history.

So, if the Roosters cannot keep both Morris boys because of salary cap problems and they are looking for another club, I would be happy for them to return to the Dragons where it started for them even though it will mean missing out on winning a grand final with both in the team.

Gareth67

First Grade
Both the Morris boys have still a lot in them and guys playing with them would be comfortable knowing that they are in the same team they can be trusted to do what is in front of them. They would be good for us but won't win a grand final together in my opinion.

What I am saying is that Brett has won grand finals at the Dragons and Roosters while Josh, who I think is a jinx, has not been able to win one even at the Roosters. He missed out when Bennett didn't want him so he went to the Bulldogs. He played in 2 grand finals with them under Hasler and lost both, he went to Cronulla after they had won their grand final and now this year didn't make the grand final with the Roosters.

Some players are just not destined to win a grand final - just like Steve Rogers who came to the Dragons too late. Frank Facer didn't take him on when he wanted to play with us before he joined the Sharks. I think Rogers would have won a grand final had he come through a different door and Frank agreed to sign him up but it didn't happen and the rest is history.

So, if the Roosters cannot keep both Morris boys because of salary cap problems and they are looking for another club, I would be happy for them to return to the Dragons where it started for them even though it will mean missing out on winning a grand final with both in the team.

I think that we are a few seasons away from a winning a Grand Final Dave , but as RedandWhite4evr has said , if one or even both were signed , then their experience alone would more than compensate the Dragons for the money out laid to deck them out in the Big Red V for a final encore .

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Ah! What a difference 24hrs can make. Our blank signings board suddenly lit up like a Christmas tree.

Isn't it great we finally have something to talk about in a somewhat positive sense!

Just as a refresher, these are 'some' of the names being bandied about:

Posa F
Joe O
Bird
McGuire
Napa
Tom Amone
TPJ

Nothing official from the club and nothing certain 'till they do, but, some pretty big names being linked. I'd be happy if we officially signed 1.

Bayside Dragon

Juniors
What player playing outside Aitken ever had a great season? Ask Flo about that.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Great to see what do we know about him.
PS should I go to the other thread that is about the same signing I imagine. Why can't we have one thread for new signings. Am I having a whinge?
A good idea so, why wait? Create the thread yourself.

possm

Coach
Ah! What a difference 24hrs can make. Our blank signings board suddenly lit up like a Christmas tree.

Isn't it great we finally have something to talk about in a somewhat positive sense!

Just as a refresher, these are 'some' of the names being bandied about:

Posa F
Joe O
Bird
McGuire
Napa
Tom Amone
TPJ

Nothing official from the club and nothing certain 'till they do, but, some pretty big names being linked. I'd be happy if we officially signed 1.
If possible, I'd prefer the club sign:
Posa F
Joe O
Napa

Giving us a forward pack of:
Vaughan
McInnes
Napa
T Sims
Joe O
De Belin

Kerr
Posa F
Blacker
Ford

I believe Griffin could work well with that pack and make these players very competitive.

SGMax

Juniors
Can we please stop looking at bringing in more backs when we are so desperate for forwards.

The only backs I would even think about adding are Josh Ado Carr or Tedesco (in an unlikely fantasy world).

Anyone else would be an average purchase blocking the path of our juniors who are finally on the verge of first grade readiness.
We may need a fullback and Dufty can be the backup but otherwise we have enough talent in our roster.

dragon thomo

Juniors
I see there may be
talk around Tom Amone
I think he would be good, big build strong good leg drive.
Angus Creiton would be a target to replace Frizel.
He is under contract but the Roosters need Cap space.

possm

Coach
Can we please stop looking at bringing in more backs when we are so desperate for forwards.

The only backs I would even think about adding are Josh Ado Carr or Tedesco (in an unlikely fantasy world).

Anyone else would be an average purchase blocking the path of our juniors who are finally on the verge of first grade readiness.
We may need a fullback and Dufty can be the backup but otherwise we have enough talent in our roster.
Your right! We need forwards but we also need one new back; a fullback and JAC or Tedesco would do me fine.

I've been told that the Roosters are seriously considering letting Tedesco go mainly because they have a very capable fullback in their ranks who is on less than half of Tedesco's salary. Maybe the Dragons should go after this other fullback or even the current Souths fullback.

JAC is most probably the most likely player we could recruit; especially if we offered him the fullback position. The Storm say that they want a top line outside back as part of the deal. I doubt this is true, mainly because if JAC is off their books, they would have the salary cap to recruit the player they want. Aside from that, we could offer Ravalawa if he saw this move as chance to improve his game.

denis preston

First Grade
Your right! We need forwards but we also need one new back; a fullback and JAC or Tedesco would do me fine.

I've been told that the Roosters are seriously considering letting Tedesco go mainly because they have a very capable fullback in their ranks who is on less than half of Tedesco's salary. Maybe the Dragons should go after this other fullback or even the current Souths fullback.

Surely not ! ( i hope you are not making this up Poss )

SGMax

Juniors
Surely not ! ( i hope you are not making this up Poss )

Yes DP, Possm's comments aren't made up.
I too have heard that Tedesco's re-signing isn't smooth sailing....it was why I initially mentioned him.
May I suggest that they need a half and we have a couple of spares we are willing to swap.

With JAC, want him to join but with caution as he is an unproven FB and I would hate to be paying FB money if he doesn't make it there. Maybe incentives or an upgrade in his second year if he establishes himself as our Fullback.

Gareth67

First Grade

JAC is most probably the most likely player we could recruit; especially if we offered him the fullback position. The Storm say that they want a top line outside back as part of the deal. I doubt this is true, mainly because if JAC is off their books, they would have the salary cap to recruit the player they want. Aside from that, we could offer Ravalawa if he saw this move as chance to improve his game.

Yes DP, Possm's comments aren't made up.
I too have heard that Tedesco's re-signing isn't smooth sailing....it was why I initially mentioned him.
May I suggest that they need a half and we have a couple of spares we are willing to swap.

With JAC, want him to join but with caution as he is an unproven FB and I would hate to be paying FB money if he doesn't make it there. Maybe incentives or an upgrade in his second year if he establishes himself as our Fullback.

With respect gents , I can appreciate that is the rumour doing the rounds , but would the Roosters truly release their most potent attacking weapon - the player who has won them numerous games through sheer skill , not to mention 2 premierships ?

If indeed this is the case , then all I can say is that Politis has lost his ‘ Midas touch ‘ where everything turns to gold .

The rorters forced to lose quality players due to something called a , what was it again ? A salary cap ? Well I will be a roast Steggles chook , as it would appear that there is truly a great footy god after all !