What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who remembers 2002?

taipan

Referee
Geez I find it difficult to remember what I did last week.
I remember NY day 2000,I got loaded.I remember 9/11 driving up George St late night hearing the news.I remember 2016 and this flipping Corona shat, other than that I'm done.

I was a major Nobby hater.
I'll give him some light.
Every time he talked of Cronulla Sharks he said "WE". Every single time.
He is one of us now.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Even handed and well balanced discussion. Met the bloke on several occasions and a decent fella kimmorley. Only issues I have with him is his man love for Anderson and to a lesser degree Guy Sebastian, but each to their own.

ghoti

Bench
You could never question his effort, and he definitely had the ability early in his career, but by the time he came to us he was gifted outdated coaching structures and terrible squads from Opes and Raper. Had a good season under Sticky in '08 then just hung around too long. His couple seasons with the Dogs were great..like all halves just needed the right cattle and coaching

I reeeeaaally disliked him at the time though, as we all did. Was hard not to see him as a symbol for the departure of Presto, Lang, etc and he probably unfairly took that on. Looking forward to listening to how he views the era.

The way the club treated preston still makes me angry nearly 20 years later. Having said that noddy always came across as a top fella and it wasn't his fault.

shaggs

Coach
I’m the odd man out. I liked noddy. If only the other blokes around him at the time played with some of his enthusiasm.

DJDL

Bench
I haven't tuned in to the podcast in years. Kudos on this one guys, it was a great listen.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
I was a major Nobby hater.
I'll give him some light.
Every time he talked of Cronulla Sharks he said "WE". Every single time.
He is one of us now.
I wasn’t a huge fan of Noddy either but always respected his effort. The club were very supportive when his missus passed and Noddy would always be grateful for that support during very difficult times. Despite having played for a stack of clubs I also get the feeling that he’s a Shark through and through.

Thanks Frank. Its been good entertainment and info for fans ,and I would think good promotion for the club .You Will be missed .

Latest posts