What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

Maddragon99

Juniors
As Corey Norman is looking at the prospect of spending much of 2021 in reserve grade, his value for 2022 and beyond will be the minimum wage. So it is likely he would accept a moderately lower offer for 2021 to move elsewhere if he could secure a three year contract either in Australia of overseas.

The only chance we have of offloading Norman is a deal with Canterbury

The calm one

Juniors
Norman for Napa. Straight swap. Thank you come again :pray_tone1::pray_tone1:
Owen is frustrated. He is normally a placid owl. So let's try this just once more. NORMAN & HUNT ain't going anywhere. Put up with them because they are here to stay. POSSUM take note

The calm one

Juniors
Stay Calm O'Learned One. You should gel with our new coach. He talks like he is forever on the tomatoes. No one is calmer than the Hook
Choose one. How are are you God's child. It's been to long. Love v new coach, me and the owl are out there. We are frustrated
Stay Calm O'Learned One. You should gel with our new coach. He talks like he is forever on the tomatoes. No one is calmer than the

Gareth67

First Grade
Really, it would be in Norman's best interest to seek a 3 year deal in the ESL. Ask for a release this year and we wont charge the ESL a transfer fee - like they do to us.

But possum - why would the man go overseas when he is still under contract and WILL still collect his $850,000 next season anyway - regardless if he is in the starting side or not ?

Crush

Coach
But possum - why would the man go overseas when he is still under contract and WILL still collect his $850,000 next season anyway - regardless if he is in the starting side or not ?
I dont know Norman from a bar of soap but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to go OS and chase a contract.
He seems very happy in Australia with his homeboys. He has his clothing brand. His mates are all here.
He'd likely be happy to play reserve grade for 800K then retire at 30.

Napa is not the answer. Just like he was not the answer for the dogs. Defensively he is tough and aggressive. Does not offer any point of difference in attack to what we already have. Roosters knew this, Dogs know this... especially for the $ he is in. Solid no for me.

possm

Coach
The only chance we have of offloading Norman is a deal with Canterbury
Wouldn't it be nice,
Norman for Napa! No payments or subsidies, cancel his contract and we will sign Napa to a new contract too.

Norman looking down the throat of a season in reserve grade which will drastically reduce his market value. Saints have him in our budget so no skin off our nose if he stays. Griffin will not put up with any crap and so although Norman will get paid his salary, he will find it hard ginding a new contract on half that money next season and beyond. So he needs to take the opportunity to secure a new contract this off-season in order to avoid his value drastically devaluing.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I dont know Norman from a bar of soap but he doesn't seem like the kind of guy to go OS and chase a contract.
He seems very happy in Australia with his homeboys. He has his clothing brand. His mates are all here.
He'd likely be happy to play reserve grade for 800K then retire at 30.
Yes, I grant you that Norman is most likely very happy on his 850k for nothing deal right now. But he definately won't be happy after a season in reserve grade, feilding offers of 300k-400k.

I'd say he needs to secure a new contract in November to avoid taking such a big hit in 2022 and beyond.

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Norman will be 31 by the time season 2022 roles around. Wether he plays NRL or CC wouldn't matter too much to him imo, he'll still get his rather large pay cheque regardless.

He'll be with us in 2021 and he'll hedge his bets on having a stellar season under Hook and co. He may also just pull the pin himself and go quietly into retirement after 2021 regardless.

The other side of the coin here is maybe he serves us a greater purpose atm. A pawn in a serious game of player chess.

We can only hope!

Crush

Coach
Yes, I grant you that Norman is most likely very happy on his 850k for nothing deal right now. But he definately won't be happy after a season in reserve grade, feilding offers of 300k-400k.

I'd day he needs to secure a new contract in November to avoid taking such a big hit in 2022 and beyond.
Why not?
He can then play out his final contract on 300-400k whilst focusing on other things non-football related without the pressure.
I mean, don't most players do that?
I doubt their last contracts are their biggest.

FlameThrower

Bench
Norman is a lazy bugger, being paid top money to just rock up and shuffle around on the field. Previous coaching staff let him get away with slackness and now he is way too comfortable as a plodder ...
We got swindled by signing him up when Parra were desperate to get rid of him. Just like the Bronco’s before that,
We blinked and took the bait and now have an expensive paper weight chewing up cap space.
Unless some miraculous deal can be done to offload him and we pay big % of his wage, we are stuck with the guy. If so AG may be last chance to rescue his career and smallish of hope he may be OK for 2021.
If he can’t see that or be bothered than that’s his choice...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Snoreman aint going nowhere, especially with talk of Moylan, Moses, Reynolds being shopped by their current clubs.
Interesting point; seems he’s got a few mates. I’d add to your list Milford, and to a lesser extent Pearce, MBye, Brooks and even Moses as half - five-eighths that the supporters feel that their performances don’t align with their pay check

Last edited:

Latest posts