What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 PF2 - Storm 30-10 Raiders @ Suncorp

Finals Week 3: Storm v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

t-ba

Post Whore
Go back over the last 20 years and how many GF's have the Roosters/ Storm been in? Or more to the point, how many deciders has NOT featured either team?

I can't recall another 20 year period in the game's history where there's been such a small concentration of GF contestants, even if you include St George's 11-peat.

"Salary-cap" my arse...

Between 1951 and 1971 every grand final featured either Souths or Saints or both and only two premierships were won by teams besides them

Reflector

Juniors
I'm just going over it now and for comparisons' sake:

GF's that DIDN'T feature Souths/ St George 1955-1975:

1972/73/74

GF's that DIDN'T feature Easts/ Melbourne 2000- 2020

2001, 2005, 2011, 2014, 2015

So that's 3 whole GF's in a 20 year period in the "bad old days" when it was easy to stack clubs, vs. 5 whole GF's (including the 2 stripped) in a 20 year period that's meant to be all about "parity"

Jordan

Juniors
Absolutely pathetic by the Raiders tonight. No other way to go about it. Terrible. Thought they'd be more fired up after losing a grand final last year. This was a chance for redemption. I'd be embarrassed if I was a Raiders fan.

t-ba

Post Whore
My missus just spouted that cam smith "isn"t that hot these days", which would imply that she believes he was hot at some point.

All of a sudden I feel like Ryan Gosling, Brad Pitt and George Clooney all rolled into one

That's some red flag shit right there brother.