What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Haynzy

First Grade
I personally don't believe this to be the case as far as BA being safe is concerned. If the Eels play like every other year (Jekyll/Hyde), and you know they will with that assumed roster, then BA will be the scapegoat mid-season. Trolleyboy will somehow escape unscathed.

5th then 3rd. The only way is up baby.

Eelementary

Post Whore
"We're lacking speed! We need speed!"

*Eels allegedly look at the best, most realistic option with genuine speed available*

"BA is a shit merkin! This team will win the spoon!"

I know French has many flaws, but he also adds genuine attacking spark to the side.

Theoretically, there isn't really any reason why he couldn't become the best winger in the game - he is of a similar build to Addo-Carr; all he needs is the right attitude.

Noise

Coach
"We're lacking speed! We need speed!"

*Eels allegedly look at the best, most realistic option with genuine speed available*

"BA is a shit merkin! This team will win the spoon!"

I know French has many flaws, but he also adds genuine attacking spark to the side.

Theoretically, there isn't really any reason why he couldn't become the best winger in the game - he is of a similar build to Addo-Carr; all he needs is the right attitude.
He is smaller than JAC. He is slower and less explosive than JAC. And he does not like physical contact.

Happy MEel

First Grade
People have short memories. French was pretty damn good until he injured his ankle.
French was decent until oppositions worked him out and removed what little upside he had and exposed his enormous weaknesses. We seriously have rocks in our head if we’re thinking of bring him back as anything other than a backup.

hindy111

Post Whore
Our best player is Gutherson. Wtf would you want to move him for?

For teddy,Turbo,Ponga or Rts you would.

For Bevan French? Fmd......

We need an edge forward and halves to improve. Better options on bench.

That is all thanks. We are not far away. People are making out we come last.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No Jenko plus no ready made replacement plus speculation that Bev is to retuurn plus our diabolical edge defence means Our Coach is contemplating moving Gutho to Centre and Bev to number 1. Couldnt be anything else. Maybe BA had a conversation with Gutho that he dosent believe hes a fullback anymore like he did with Taka at the end of 2018 where he told him hes not a centre anymore and would spend the pre season preparing for the second row. We know how that worked out. :wink:

WTF....since where has BA suggested Gutho is playing centre? You really need to stop reading the Telecrap....why wouId BA change our best spine player to a non spine position..,,...f**k BA loves Gutho and there is no chance he is playing centre.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'd be interested to see how keen the Head of Football and Head Coach were on signing Beven French as a Top 13 player if the Board said to them that you can sign him, but if it doesn't work out we'll expect both of your resignations.

FMD!! People really jump to conclusions!!

Where has someone from the club said he is coming for a top 13 spot?

BA had French playing reserves even with a contract that was probably more then the minimum, so why wouId he suddenly sign him and guarantee him a top 13 spot ?????

What a f**ken beat up!!

Gazzamatta

Coach
WTF....since where has BA suggested Gutho is playing centre? You really need to stop reading the Telecrap....why wouId BA change our best spine player to a non spine position..,,...f**k BA loves Gutho and there is no chance he is playing centre.
I cant afford the Telegraph. Just my thoughts. What will be will be dude. I cant wait though. Roll on season 2021.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He is smaller than JAC. He is slower and less explosive than JAC. And he does not like physical contact.

I'm a Bevan French fan, so I'd be happy with the signing - but he has improved his game since budging in the Super League.

He is not as physical as Addo-Carr (and he's not really much smaller, anyway), but he is more agile, and much more skilful.

Luke Burt had a wonderful career for us - who is to say that Bevan French won't?

Delboy

First Grade
Seriously! Why would anyone take these stories seriously, there is no way that the club would swap Moses for Pearce, also the way the team is set up there would be no sense in moving Gutherson from the position he has made his own.

Same as the click bait re the powerful lobby questioning the club and moving to change the board etc, the media these days do so little fact checking, they issue clickbait stories and rarely report with any conviction when told the real story by the club.

What is the big story would be the work that needs to be done to fill the holes in the roster after player releases etc, that would mean they actually do some research and use resources to get some info on what the targets are. Havent seen research like that in a long time, they seem to trawl social media and run with half baked ideas from blogs they read. Frilingos and others would roll their eyes at current media levels of reporting.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Seriously! Why would anyone take these stories seriously, there is no way that the club would swap Moses for Pearce, also the way the team is set up there would be no sense in moving Gutherson from the position he has made his own.

Same as the click bait re the powerful lobby questioning the club and moving to change the board etc, the media these days do so little fact checking, they issue clickbait stories and rarely report with any conviction when told the real story by the club.

What is the big story would be the work that needs to be done to fill the holes in the roster after player releases etc, that would mean they actually do some research and use resources to get some info on what the targets are. Havent seen research like that in a long time, they seem to trawl social media and run with half baked ideas from blogs they read. Frilingos and others would roll their eyes at current media levels of reporting.
Stop the leaks!

Noise

Coach
I'm a Bevan French fan, so I'd be happy with the signing - but he has improved his game since budging in the Super League.

He is not as physical as Addo-Carr (and he's not really much smaller, anyway), but he is more agile, and much more skilful.

Luke Burt had a wonderful career for us - who is to say that Bevan French won't?
Luke Burt has a good career because wingers played a completely different game back in the majority of his career. You would notice that he was pretty ineffective towards the backend of his career. He was getting ragdolled and struggling with the physicality of the game because he was too small. No one questioned his footballing ability or smarts. These are the same reasons Bevan French will not be a first grade quality winger.

Joely01

Bench
Our best player is Gutherson. Wtf would you want to move him for?

For teddy,Turbo,Ponga or Rts you would.

For Bevan French? Fmd......

We need an edge forward and halves to improve. Better options on bench.

That is all thanks. We are not far away. People are making out we come last.

This x1000

Shows the type of fans on here, you simply don’t change your best players position!
He is now in the top 3 fullbacks for mine, but hey let’s suggest moving him hahahaha