What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

MugaB

Coach
of our ugly af away jersey? yeah..
Maybe we can both wear our nines, and be in pink and purple, that will be great for the diehard league fans, grandpas wil be cursing in the streets with fists shaking rage
"These kids and their flaming fluros, back in my day, we all wore mud!!!"

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
Aesthetically, Melbourne vs Souths would be the better choice, but a Grand Final where one of either Bennett or Cameron Smith HAVE to win? Nup. Can't do it.

Penrith vs Melbourne it has to be, for me, for that reason alone.

Saint Doc

Coach
Aesthetically, Melbourne vs Souths would be the better choice, but a Grand Final where one of either Bennett or Cameron Smith HAVE to win? Nup. Can't do it.

Penrith vs Melbourne it has to be, for me, for that reason alone.

agree.

It wouldn’t happen, but I would love to see Storm play in their home jersey with their away (purple) shorts. I actually think it would create enough contrast. A lot of the navy appearance (that would clash with the Riff) actually comes from the shorts.

images

The home jersey / away shorts would create a similar look to their 9’s look which would be visually more appealing

images

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
agree.

It wouldn’t happen, but I would love to see Storm play in their home jersey with their away (purple) shorts. I actually think it would create enough contrast. A lot of the navy appearance (that would clash with the Riff) actually comes from the shorts.

images

The home jersey / away shorts would create a similar look to their 9’s look which would be visually more appealing

images

I really wish the Storm would drop their obsession with Navy Blue and just go solid purple...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I really wish the Storm would drop their obsession with Navy Blue and just go solid purple...
Common misconception is that purple is their primary colour - it's always been navy, predominantly because it's the state colour. I doubt they'll ever abandon it.

The purple is unique in the comp though and they should definitely make better use of it

GAZF

First Grade
Common misconception is that purple is their primary colour
Maybe this misconception is true in Victoria where interest RL is peripheral, but I've never come across it in NSW. A proportion of league fans would rather they use purple as a primary colour, but acknowledge that it isn't currently.

Where people use purple to describe the Storm (purple reign, purple pricks), its as a point of difference from other navy teams. Similar deal with the Dragons and the red V nickname.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Im the opposite, I much prefer our mostly navy jerseys!

Still my fave

1999melbourneStormRetro-front-600x600.jpg

Something like this would make a better alternate jersey if the darker home jersey clashes. All alternate jerseys should have to be significantly different to the home one!

hullkr.jpg

greenBV4

Bench
Im the opposite, I much prefer our mostly navy jerseys!

Still my fave

View attachment 43097

Something like this would make a better alternate jersey if the darker home jersey clashes. All alternate jerseys should have to be significantly different to the home one!

View attachment 43098
purple (depending on the shade) and white/silver shorts would be a decent alternate to the mostly navy home

or yeah silver, since the club has been toying with that (but seem to of reverted back to yellow). Anything but white!

Saint Doc

Coach
An alternate that is a really electric purple, with some silver/white or even gold, should be more than adequate to avoid a clash with navy/black teams

sempmrh

Juniors
I go back and forth between preferring navy or purple as our dominant colour on field and for different reasons. I prefer navy overall but if the club wants to talk about ‘the purple jersey’ or ‘the purple wall’ it makes more sense to wear a purple dominant jersey. The current home jersey isn’t purple enough if they’re going to go that way. The away colour should always be white - no question. A yellow jersey is too much and I prefer yellow as an accent colour only. A yellow jersey for the Nines would be fine, however.

I’m still genuinely surprised that we kept our current white away jersey for 2020 - we’ve been wearing that for more seasons than we wore out last home jersey. That just seems wrong somehow. I thought for sure there would have been a white and purple version of our 2020 home jersey.

But anyway, the club has confirmed on Twitter that the white jersey will be worn on Sunday - not that that really needed confirming anyway. The club also looks to have finally opened up the new run of away jerseys they received a while back and only worn sparingly by a few players so far. The now sublimated RedZed logo has a white box behind it and the proper ISC striped gel grips have been applied. Still a few stragglers wearing an old, heat-pressed RedZed jersey, though.

With the ‘Our home, Victoria’ logo on the chest the Grand Final embroidery will likely be at the bottom right of the jersey.

Saint Doc

Coach
It just seems like all Storm away jerseys are just after thoughts. They need to be thinking when they design them that “we could win a premiership in these”, especially given both the frequency of GF appearances, as well as the number of teams their home clashes with (Roosters, Cowboys, Broncos, Panthers, Tigers, Manly at a minimum).

If white is to be the away jersey colour, it needs a real splash of purple. Not a faded, muted hint of purple

sempmrh

Juniors
It just seems like all Storm away jerseys are just after thoughts. They need to be thinking when they design them that “we could win a premiership in these”, especially given both the frequency of GF appearances, as well as the number of teams their home clashes with (Roosters, Cowboys, Broncos, Panthers, Tigers, Manly at a minimum).

If white is to be the away jersey colour, it needs a real splash of purple. Not a faded, muted hint of purple

I think this is our best away jersey.

03CF5448-955C-4CB1-A099-2B994A9213B9.jpeg