What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cameron Smith is the greatest rugby league player ever.

johns_reds

First Grade
I think the reason I hate him so much is he is THAT good and better than any player I have ever watched, I’ve been watching rugby league since the late 80’s as a kid and rate him higher than what I think are the best I’ve seen such as Wally, Sterlo, Langer, Stuart, Fittler, Johns, Lockyer and Thurston.

No player has dominated for so long at such a high level... just wish he wasn’t so smug.

Generalzod

Immortal
I think the reason I hate him so much is he is THAT good and better than any player I have ever watched, I’ve been watching rugby league since the late 80’s as a kid and rate him higher than what I think are the best I’ve seen such as Wally, Sterlo, Langer, Stuart, Fittler, Johns, Lockyer and Thurston.

No player has dominated for so long at such a high level... just wish he wasn’t so smug.
If he had never done those chiropractic moves chicken wing Greco Roman wrestling, i would consider him one of the greats, you never saw Lockyer, Stuart, Fittler , Johns , Thurston. Do those things..

Generalzod

Immortal
great Queenslander , cane toad
A boy goes to school for the first day after school holidays the teacher asked the boy what did you do for your holidays , Max replied we went to Queensland what did you do there said the teacher, well we got a cane toad and stuck a stick up it’s arse, it’s a rectum said the teacher Max replied f**king oath we rectum .lol

Last edited:

taxidriver

Coach
Prove me wrong, kids.

Prove me wrong.
Possibly so, definitely in the conversation

what remains indisputable is that there has never been a more self serving, arrogant , despicable sum bag in my time watching the game

forever a key player in the most systematic And calculated cheating episode In our game and while channel nein lost its spine, the McKinnon saga showed smiths true character

stryker

First Grade
He is already the best.
A win next Sunday is icing on the cake.
I have heard all the modern day greats bar Fittler say he is number 1
As a man controversies taint his legacy but as a player he is unparalleled.

Cam ain't loved like Thurston.

By many but not me..

I don’t necessarily hate Thurston but often he carried on like a toddler on the field. And off it. He’s not the only one in that regard and there’s plenty of toddlers running around in the modern game - who I can’t stand. But Thurston did have an element class about him which did help me “Overlook” his occasional tantrums.

Smith however is by far and away the best player ever in my opinion. And the classiest.

He never (unlike Thurston...) ,
- whinged after a loss. He’s more matter of fact and has been as gracious as it gets (eg Sharks GF win, his speech to the Sharks fans was all class).
- Blames (or whinges at referees). A magnificent influencer, but never loses composure. Paul Kent recently put it best, saying how the likes of Moses carry on like a child when talking to the ref, while Smith rolls up like James Bond ordering a martini..

He’s won everything in rugby league there is. On multiple occasions in many cases. He’s an absolute winner.

And just because he doesn’t play for my team, but a team much loathed by many, doesn’t mean I don’t respect the bloke. And since he retired from origin I’ve grown to more appreciate, even “love” Smith as the best player in the game on so many fronts.

taxidriver

Coach
By many but not me..

I don’t necessarily hate Thurston but often he carried on like a toddler on the field. And off it. He’s not the only one in that regard and there’s plenty of toddlers running around in the modern game - who I can’t stand. But Thurston did have an element class about him which did help me “Overlook” his occasional tantrums.

Smith however is by far and away the best player ever in my opinion. And the classiest.

He never (unlike Thurston...) ,
- whinged after a loss. He’s more matter of fact and has been as gracious as it gets (eg Sharks GF win, his speech to the Sharks fans was all class).
- Blames (or whinges at referees). A magnificent influencer, but never loses composure. Paul Kent recently put it best, saying how the likes of Moses carry on like a child when talking to the ref, while Smith rolls up like James Bond ordering a martini..

He’s won everything in rugby league there is. On multiple occasions in many cases. He’s an absolute winner.

And just because he doesn’t play for my team, but a team much loathed by many, doesn’t mean I don’t respect the bloke. And since he retired from origin I’ve grown to more appreciate, even “love” Smith as the best player in the game on so many fronts.

I don’t call hovering over a bloke who’s just been paralysed and having more concern about avoiding a penalty, “classy”

I don’t call hovering over a bloke who’s just been paralysed and having more concern about avoiding a penalty, “classy”

not saying it’s class but it’s not an issue for me, nor the bloke who copped the horrific injury who doesn’t have an issue with Smith like many others do...

Well, he did have an issue at one point. The massive stitch up by a classless Liz Hayes and Channel 9 in the 60 minutes interview with McKinnon... sensationalising his situation by crucifying Smith to get a reaction. Which worked.

As for your view he was more concerned about a penalty, I don’t agree.

taxidriver

Coach
not saying it’s class but it’s not an issue for me, nor the bloke who copped the horrific injury who doesn’t have an issue with Smith like many others do...

Well, he did have an issue at one point. The massive stitch up by a classless Liz Hayes and Channel 9 in the 60 minutes interview with McKinnon... sensationalising his situation by crucifying Smith to get a reaction. Which worked.

As for your view he was more concerned about a penalty, I don’t agree.
No stitch up at all

I’ve seen the footage and heard what he said

how do you justify his actions as showing concern for Alex?

Nines backflip had more to do about concern for their nrl programs than anything else

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...still-playing-the-victim-20170916-gyiwgs.html

Do you have some sort of justification for his role in the biggest cheating episode in the games history ? Or was signing multiple contracts also class?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Smith is the best player of the fully professional well payed era. The era where from a teenager all you have to do is play football and be prepared by sports science to be a footballer. When you have that support and the knowledge that you've got a good income you can play as long as you're good/fit enough.

So very unfair to the great semi professional players who came before him to be compared to him and the Cronks etc really

Latest posts