What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Brutus

Referee
Lucky the game isn't in the Eastern Suburbs.

The smoke is do bad today they'd be lucky to get 100 people.

shear_joy9

Coach
Blocker said pre-game there was 30,000 people at the ground.

How did he estimate that but couldn't tell it was raining despite standing out in it

mongoose

Coach
Was at the prelim at Suncorp. I was shocked how many Raiders fans were there.... I honestly thought Storm fans would outnumber us maybe 2-1 but it was more like a 50-50 split with possibly Raiders having the edge. Not sure how many neutrals were there, must have been a few. Lots of green throughout the stadium though. Great to see.

greenBV4

Bench
Was at the prelim at Suncorp. I was shocked how many Raiders fans were there.... I honestly thought Storm fans would outnumber us maybe 2-1 but it was more like a 50-50 split with possibly Raiders having the edge. Not sure how many neutrals were there, must have been a few. Lots of green throughout the stadium though. Great to see.
I think the common belief most Storm supporters are Queenslanders is a bit of a misconception, especially these days were the qld players are limited - its looking like there will be more players running around in blue than maroon at the end of this year

Wow did sydney really sell less tickets for two local clubs than Brisbane sold for two out of town teams?
it should have been a given that what ever ANZ was able to hold , it got for 2 sydney sides yes.
tv ratings for nrl in qld have been dreadful all year , but brisbane redeemed itself with that wonderful crowd.

Sydney has again , let the code down with appalling tv ratings & saturday night was a glaring example again.... how didn't it sellout ???
The on field product is sharper , better .. more open & entertaining then previous years with the rule changes , yet less fans are watching .
NRL fans are a weird mob

mave

Coach
The on field product is sharper , better .. more open & entertaining then previous years with the rule changes , yet less fans are watching .

These two descriptors are highly debatable , and may be the reason that ratings are apparantly down.
I personally find the 2020 high octane big bash NRL to be far less entertaining, or better than previous seasons.

These two descriptors are highly debatable , and may be the reason that ratings are apparantly down.
I personally find the 2020 high octane big bash NRL to be far less entertaining, or better than previous seasons.
your opinion ,
in mine & many i speak to ..... the re-emergence of skifull little players running around tiring monsters is refreshing. Defences are being pulled apart. The ball is in play a lot more ... more football is being played.
In a season or 2 defences will adjust & referees will be more consistent with 6 again calls. When they do , that product will be as good as we've seen.

mave

Coach
your opinion ,
in mine & many i speak to ..... the re-emergence of skifull little players running around tiring monsters is refreshing. Defences are being pulled apart. The ball is in play a lot more ... more football is being played.
In a season or 2 defences will adjust & referees will be more consistent with 6 again calls. When they do , that product will be as good as we've seen.

So if the product is so much better in 2020, why are ratings down?
Especially considering the fact that it was hard to get into games live all year.

You would think ratings would be through the roof ??

I contend that a decent % of people don't want to watch a big bash version of RL through the winter months, where each team gets a run of 6 agains and possession (innings). I'm tipping the ones that love it would tend to be younger.

I'm sure in a season or two the coaches will figure out a way to even out the contest between bat and ball, unless PVL changes the rules mid season again.