What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaide Ellis signs

The calm one

Juniors
So Ellis is Timm's replacement!

Now we need to find replacements on a 'like for like or better' basis for:

Graham - gone
Frizell - is going
De Belin - may be gone
Lafai - is going
Norman - going
Dufty - to replace Norman at 6

Big dollars need to be spent so we need enough salary cap to replace those leaving or who have already left:

Aitken - 350-400k - replaced by Lomax at 500k
Lafai - 400-450k - to be replaced by a new player at 600k
Norman - 800k - to be replaced by Dufty at 500k
Frizell - 500-600k - to be replaced by a new player at 600k
Graham - 600k - to be replaced by a new player at 700k
De Belin - 550k - to be replaced by McInnes at 600k
Pearson - 200k - replaced by Saab at 200k
Luke - 200k - replaced by Brittain at 200k
Leilua - 200k - replaced by Fuimaono at 400k
10 players costing about 3.9m. Good clean-out!

Less salary cap for players already purchased for season 2021 and beyond, e.g. Britton, Williame, Merrin, Fuimaono, etc.

I'm assuming the Club will keep Sailor, Vaughan, and Saab for season 2021. I'm also assuming that Ramsey, the Feagai twins, and Schiller will be in the development squad or the top 30 in 2021.

So for 2021, we are looking for 4 new players (at an additional 3ml) to make up a 17 of:

1. New player - 1m
2. Saab
3. Lomax

4. New player - 600k
5. Ravalawa
6. Dufty
7. Clune

8. New player - 700k
9. Hunt
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims

12. New player - 700k
13. McInnes

14. Kerr / Blacker
15. Laurie / Ellis
16. Merrin / Fuimaono
17. Ford / Brittain

All above salary figures are an indication only.
I would rather have a tomato plant with Owen than siphon this shit

Maxwell

Juniors
Not convinced.I will be shitty if he gets resigned after Host let go.
Yeah you don’t have to be shitty, dragons 4 days ago we’re ready to a deal with Kaide , but on Thursday pulled the plug and signed this guy. So any deal for Kaide is off . The profiles are no better than Kaide’s . Roosters at present don’t have cap space, so Kaide’s no mans place. No team , no contract so that’s it folks .

Maxwell

Juniors
I don't know what happened to Ellis on Sunday

He started the game in the run on team...

He played 22 minutes and then was interchanged and wasn't seen for the rest of the game...He did make 17 tackles in that time but had only 2 carries...TWO CARRIES IN 22 MINUTES...Lawrie probably carried the ball twice in the opening set....

I don't know if Young hooked him or he was injured but that's not going to cut the mustard...

Like i said i don't know if he was injured or not but from what i have heard of Griffin, if Ellis is playing for us next year and keeps producing stats like that, Hook will send him to reserve grade so fast his head will spin....
Mate if you get over called for the ball and the dummy half doesn’t pass the ball to you , what do you do take your own ball out there. To play with , they let him run thru as a decoy passed behind him.

be55

Juniors
Yeah you don’t have to be shitty, dragons 4 days ago we’re ready to a deal with Kaide , but on Thursday pulled the plug and signed this guy. So any deal for Kaide is off . The profiles are no better than Kaide’s . Roosters at present don’t have cap space, so Kaide’s no mans place. No team , no contract so that’s it folks .
So let me get this straight...4 days ago they were going to extend Ellis but at the last minute changed their minds and hastily put together a deal for Faamausili in a matter of days.

Mate if you believe that you probably believe in unicorns and fairies at the bottom of the garden as well...
Mate if you get over called for the ball and the dummy half doesn’t pass the ball to you , what do you do take your own ball out there. To play with , they let him run thru as a decoy passed behind him.
"over called my arse"...mate at the 8 minute mark we were bringing the ball off our try line, McInnes passed him the ball and he offloaded to Lawrie to make the hit-up...his output was shithouse...Obviously the coaching staff weren't happy with him and that's probably why he got one stint of 22 minutes and wasn't brought back on even though he clearly wasn't injured...

Mate he's not a first grader, he never will be, and if you think he was ever the answer to our forward problems your deluded...

Last edited:

Maxwell

Juniors
So let me get this straight...4 days ago they were going to extend Ellis but at the last minute changed their minds and hastily put together a deal for Faamausili in a matter of days.

Mate if you believe that you probably believe in unicorns and fairies at the bottom of the garden as well...

"over called my arse"...mate at the 8 minute mark we were bringing the ball off our try line, McInnes passed him the ball and he offloaded to Lawrie to make the hit-up...his output was shithouse...Obviously the coaching staff weren't happy with him and that's probably why he got one stint of 22 minutes and wasn't brought back on even though he clearly wasn't injured...

Mate he's not a first grader, he never will be, and if you think he was ever the answer to our forward problems your deluded...

He may not be a first grader who knows , but if he’s not than there’s a lot of the other guys who are not first graders playing that team, but I’ll tell you one thing at least he has the balls to have a go. Something you would not have, you like to knock people but won’t have a go your self. I know he’s better than what he showed at dragons but it would be hard to show up in a busted system like has been here for a few years. Oh and by the way how would I know because he’s my grandson you no it all Prick. And he never went down there to be the answer to the dragons team , he went there because they asked him , by the way have they ever asked you , probably not you couldn’t make the f**ken ladies team .

Maxwell

Juniors
He may not be a first grader who knows , but if he’s not than there’s a lot of the other guys who are not first graders playing that team, but I’ll tell you one thing at least he has the balls to have a go. Something you would not have, you like to knock people but won’t have a go your self. I know he’s better than what he showed at dragons but it would be hard to show up in a busted system like has been here for a few years. Oh and by the way how would I know because he’s my grandson you no it all Prick. And he never went down there to be the answer to the dragons team , he went there because they asked him , by the way have they ever asked you , probably not you couldn’t make the f**ken ladies team .
Ps I believe what he said about the deal for a contract , because he has respect for people and says what really happens, maybe you tell lies to your grand parents but I believe what he says. Maybe you should try it one day not every one is a f**ken wanker like you and is just a key board warrior .

be55

Juniors
Ps I believe what he said about the deal for a contract , because he has respect for people and says what really happens, maybe you tell lies to your grand parents but I believe what he says. Maybe you should try it one day not every one is a f**ken wanker like you and is just a key board warrior .
You do know this is a rugby league forum full of people who discuss different topics and have opinions...

Last time i checked i was entitled to my opinion...This is Australia and not China we are living in you know...

You are calling me a "keyboard warrior"...

I notice you posted in the "Round 17 vs Cowboys" thread that you thought Norman was slow and weak in defence...I guess you are allowed to have opinions on players and express them but no one else is right...Have you ever heard of the word HYPOCRITE...i suggest you look it up because it describes you perfectly.

Having a go at me because i have an opinion and calling me a "f**ken wanker" just shows that your level of maturity doesn't correspond with your age...

Wake up to yourself and grow up... but if you are his grandfather it's probably a little late for that, if at your age you are still resorting to childish name-calling and insults...

Maxwell

Juniors
You do know this is a rugby league forum full of people who discuss different topics and have opinions...

Last time i checked i was entitled to my opinion...This is Australia and not China we are living in you know...

You are calling me a "keyboard warrior"...

I notice you posted in the "Round 17 vs Cowboys" thread that you thought Norman was slow and weak in defence...I guess you are allowed to have opinions on players and express them but no one else is right...Have you ever heard of the word HYPOCRITE...i suggest you look it up because it describes you perfectly.

Having a go at me because i have an opinion and calling me a "f**ken wanker" just shows that your level of maturity doesn't correspond with your age...

Wake up to yourself and grow up... but if you are his grandfather it's probably a little late for that, if at your age you are still resorting to childish name-calling and insults...
What did you say to me , you called me deluded and I believe in fairies if I believed about a contract , so you don’t call people names . I made a comment about 2 things you wrote didn’t really have a go at you explained the situation , so you called me deluded etc . So what’s that say about your maturity , don’t you like any one replying to your quotes , so say what you like mate your still a f**king wanker , as for the contract I was sitting having a drink with when his manager rang and gave him the news. But you know different because your so smart , it would have taken them some time to get him from roosters as he was contracted to them and if they didn’t get him , my grandson was probably next choice , but must have got him and announce Wednesday they signed him and rang my grandsons agent after tha, maybe . But I am glad in one way that he’s not staying, because with the players you got in the forwards it will still be a long season , won’t improve much.

possm

Coach
The bottom line is that in the forwards, our new coaching staff have too many players that need a lot of work. Ellis's contract has run it's course and Griffin has decided to buy a shovel ready prop rather then extend Ellis, a prop that needs a lot of work.

The Dragons still are stuck with Merrin and Lawrie who both need a lot of work and Vaughan who needs to be refreshed. If De Belin is available, eh will also require work to come up to speed.

Let's hope that our next signings will not need a huge amount of work to get up to speed.

Maxwell

Juniors
The bottom line is that in the forwards, our new coaching staff have too many players that need a lot of work. Ellis's contract has run it's course and Griffin has decided to buy a shovel ready prop rather then extend Ellis, a prop that needs a lot of work.

The Dragons still are stuck with Merrin and Lawrie who both need a lot of work and Vaughan who needs to be refreshed. If De Belin is available, eh will also require work to come up to speed.

Let's hope that our next signings will not need a huge amount of work to get up to speed.
Mate not only them also Kerr and Lawrie are far from up to scratch, go back to a few games when they came back in the 2nd half as starters the tries they let in . And according to news Jack Bird is your next signing . Whoopee hasn’t played much for 2 years. As for my grandson , it’s hard coming into a system 3/4 way thru the season and be expected to be a star especially in a busted system like Mary and Dean young through up .

getsmarty

Immortal
Mate not only them also Kerr and Lawrie are far from up to scratch, go back to a few games when they came back in the 2nd half as starters the tries they let in . And according to news Jack Bird is your next signing . Whoopee hasn’t played much for 2 years. As for my grandson , it’s hard coming into a system 3/4 way thru the season and be expected to be a star especially in a busted system like Mary and Dean young through up .

Agree....unfortunately we didn't get to see the best of Kaide. Wish him all the best for the future....Hope he can pick up a contract somewhere...

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Fair comment

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
Thanks mate, appreciated

Maxwell, I don't really want to compare Kaide to the Dragons forwards under contract. But I do want to say I think he did his best and showed potential to perform well with a full preseason behind him and under a more professional management than has been the case at the Dragons since the end of the Bennett era. I was hoping he would be re-signed but as a Dragons fan I can only say that a positive is the new management must have some quality players in their sights if they have passed over him. Please pass on from this fan appreciation for his effort and wish him the best in landing a deal in what is a pretty cut-throat business. As a grandfather myself I can understand your concerns and applaud your support. I think professional sport may be great for a small number of champions but a tough environment for all the rest.

denis preston

First Grade
Thanks mate, appreciated

Max, in the scheme of things and in life's journey and all that, as long as Kade is a honest good person that is more important than 10 years of professional football that he may play. I am a new GF and would love my GS to play one NRL game so well done. Still think he has a future but there may be other things he places more value in that takes him away from the game and who knows in later years he may look back at some of his more esteemed compatriots and find that glory at 22 to 30 years of age doesn't weigh up against a life being truly loved & well lived !

Sloth

Juniors
I think he was the unlucky one that was just off contract, if you had to choose who to keep out of Merrin, K Sims and Ellis I think Ellis has youth and size on his side. Unfortunately those other 2 Nuffies have a contract for 2021 and it was easier to maintain them as their contract was already accounted for in the cap.
I still believe we have another forward incoming that will be announced in the coming weeks that will make this whole picture clearer.