What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

I lasted one post lol.

I didn't realise that you could post on TCT (though I haven't looked at it since soon after it launched).

You should start your own site, mate. The Merrylands Moan :) You could have video interviews with Mik and Rammy. And you could get IFR33K's builder mate who thinks BA is a tosser to be a special guest on the first edition. Could be good.

IFR33K

Coach
I didn't realise that you could post on TCT (though I haven't looked at it since soon after it launched).

You should start your own site, mate. The Merrylands Moan :) You could have video interviews with Mik and Rammy. And you could get IFR33K's builder mate who thinks BA is a tosser to be a special guest on the first edition. Could be good.

He could bring you in as a ‘special’ guest for the shit jokes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've got two questions. Three questions. 1. What makes people think that Dylan Brown would be a good centre
He's fast and a very good one-on-one defender.
or want to play there? (I bet he bloody wouldn't want to play there!)
If he's a good, selfless team member he will play where the team needs him to play. Until Mennings' shit is sorted he can't play and we can't replace him. We'll need someone to play centre.
2. What makes anyone think that Waqa Blake is ever going to be a decent first grade centre?
He's already a decent first grade centre. He's won 65 NRL games, including 21 from 31 at our club. That's not the win rate of a reserve grader.
3. If we are considering moving Gutho to five-eight, why don't we really try to make a success of it all by throwing money at Ado-Carr for fullback? He will make a GREAT fullback.
Yeah we wouldn't move Gutherson without finding another fullback. JAC might be up to it or he might not.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Andrew Johns was pretty much made to
Play hooker for NSW when in the prime of his career. I’m sure the players would do what’s best for the team
Johns always played halfback for NSW. He just wore 9 and defended in the middle. Toovey wore 7 and defended on one edge, but he was the dummy half.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Admittedly, I've never seen him play, but...

He looks a little small. At 182cm, and 108kg, he's shorter - but heavier - than Nathan Brown, who people reckon is small.

Can't judge a book by its cover, but he's small for an edge forward, and a little too small for a prop - maybe lock is his go?
He's a centimetre shorter than two of the edge forwards from next week's grand final (Bromwich and Martin) but heavier than both of them. But I doubt he's a NRL standard edge forward anyway. He's the same size as Moses Leota, who goes ok in the middle.

Chipmunk

Coach
I don't think its like the Public Service where you can only get paid a certain amount based on the job you have. Somehow I don't think Inglis had a salary cut when moved to centre.

It's actually more like the public service than you think, because if you move roles you still get your old salary.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Sounds very exciting!!

We could have Pou with some weekly LBA updates, a craft beer review with Guts and Baz and give Hindy his own segment called 85% Footy. Could be a real goer.

Forty20

First Grade
Mate I put up one negative post around ba and Junior development and was banned from there for life lol. Don't mind it either

I refuse to derail LU with TCT's laundry so I will limit myself to one post on this matter. TCT has only ever made a significant effort to block a commenter three times since our inception. Yourself, Sinbad and Snake are on that honour roll for either trying to stir up drama on TCT due to a perceived slight over a brand split with the other supporter site or for simply been extremely disruptive to any sort of civil discussion.

You in particular were not banned for 'one comment' but for spamming the site over the course of months after multiple warnings but that isn't anywhere near as interesting a story for LU is it?

We have always maintained that critical discourse of the team and club has its place and we gave plenty of leeway throughout this finals series to robust discussion about the team's prospects. I don't have any delusions of grandeur as to what TCT is, when all is said and done it is the weekly reactions and opinions of a few fans but after seeing what the other support site devolved into I will never regret holding our comment section to a higher standard.

Thanks for listening to my TED Talk.

Latest posts