What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the panthers all of a sudden so good?

Homo man69

Juniors
I’m overseas atm and was only keeping tabs on Parra games. I thought I’d check in on the finals and was shocked to see Penrith in the gf. Did a bit of research and they have been killing it after coming back from covid. What’s the go? Their team looks pretty much like the same team from last year.

age.s

First Grade
Cleary levelled up. Much better without Maloney.
Luai is very good.
Api is very good.
Crichton is very good.
Edwards confidence has stuck.
Better attacking structure, likely thanks to Barrett.
May, Tetevano, Leinu and when fit Capewell have improved our bench hugely.
We're a fit team and rule changes have worked in our favour.
Other pieces (Yeo, Fish, Kikau) were already there.
Martin has been on this trajectory for a while.
Injuries haven't been too crazy.

Thats it ottomh.

You surprised the panthers are going so good? Geez you must be in total shock as to what happened to the broncos.... oh how the mighty have fallen...
But yeh, no surprises really, the smugthers have always been renowned for having a really good crop of young talent.

Last Week

Bench
Young squad coming of age.

Their youth has helped them with the new rules which make it a faster game.

They've adapted and exploit the 6 again rule better than all other teams.

Zadar

Juniors
They have a roosters junior as their captain. Royal blood will always breed success, the tigers may actually have a chance of finishing higher than ninth next year.

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
They have a roosters junior as their captain. Royal blood will always breed success, the tigers may actually have a chance of finishing higher than ninth next year.

What happened to Newcastle then?

Last edited: