What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF2 Panthers vs Rabbits

The same place as Naden.

If he doesn't start then he doesn't play bench. May/Capewell cover centre.

If we start May again then its almost pointless playing Naden when you have a gun like Staines ready to go.

Naden is big enough to play some back row in a pinch, not sure Staines has much utility value.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can’t get on board with this one, we have had the best defence in the league all year.

The decision probably has to stay now though because one thing that Ivan has probably done is make Naden doubt himself.

May is the perfect bench utility, obviously Cleary wants him on the field more but surely you would wait for the off season to do it in this situation.

Watch the game we scored 50. He rushes out leaves a gap and Ramien scores.

The home game we played them too. Cleary belts Kennedy into touch due to a poor read from him. There are a few other examples.

Why wait to next year? We were playing to get into a GF. Surely you pick the best side.

In the presser Ivan said it was about an extra attacking option too but did say may not be the same case next week.

The right has been an issue for a few seasons attack wise

betcats

Referee
Ivan said he has been thinking about it for a while, he thinks it’s our best defensive combo also said May adding another ball player was part of it. Anyway I think based on that bet your house May will be at centre.

We deserve to be there next week we have been the best team all year and were the better team tonight. Two weeks in a row our completion rate has been woeful, hopefully we won’t do that 3 weeks in a row because we will lose if we do. We need to play a little more patiently, repeat sets have been a big strength for us and there were some chances for us to go for them and we went for big plays instead. We should of been up by 20 at halftime tonight and bombed more tries in the second half.

Then again, Capewell can cover centre off the bench. Maybe Kenny is the right option as the utility. I dunno, just felt like weird changes tonight, we blinked a little after what had worked well for most of the year. Especially with Kikau out, I think we missed Naden’s offensive skills.

Are we sure Kenny came in for Leinu? Maybe Kenny was in for Naden for that reason

Yeah maybe. Something just doesn’t feel right about the changes this late in the season, though. I’m not convinced May is that good a defender, he’s also slow to turn and chase kicks. Without Naden on the right we lose a kicking target. I know May grabbed a try from a kick, but it wasn’t really contested.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah maybe. Something just doesn’t feel right about the changes this late in the season, though. I’m not convinced May is that good a defender, he’s also slow to turn and chase kicks. Without Naden on the right we lose a kicking target. I know May grabbed a try from a kick, but it wasn’t really contested.

Have to do a count and see how many games Naden actually played at centre. It was less than 10 I am sure.

So it isn't like right on eve of the finals it got changed. The issue was not giving Whare or Burton games at centre. Along with Naden on the wing for To'o instead of playing extra time as a centre

kinghippo

Juniors
[QUOTE="franklin2323, post: 14405395, member: 22400"]Watch the game we scored 50. He rushes out leaves a gap and Ramien scores.

The home game we played them too. Cleary belts Kennedy into touch due to a poor read from him. There are a few other examples.

Why wait to next year? We were playing to get into a GF. Surely you pick the best side.

In the presser Ivan said it was about an extra attacking option too but did say may not be the same case next week.

The right has been an issue for a few seasons attack wise[/QUOTE]

Ive seen every game and I have seen every player have a few defensive lapses.
The sharks game was a long time ago, if he was dropped then I would get it, but combinations in attack and defence are built throughout the year and we have been particularly awesome all year.

I didn’t see anything special from May as a centre, Souths had a lot of success down that side especially late in the game.
He has been run around quite a few times playing at centre.

we have had a huge amount of success down the right side this year compared to the last few years so I can’t see why that’s a stat to argue either.

Jane Murray

Bench
Have to do a count and see how many games Naden actually played at centre. It was less than 10 I am sure.

So it isn't like right on eve of the finals it got changed. The issue was not giving Whare or Burton games at centre. Along with Naden on the wing for To'o instead of playing extra time as a centre
During the bulldogs game, Burton played centre, and he did okay.

I just checked, he played 11. But he’s played the last 6 on the trot, so it is a weird change right now.

Without Naden that right side is much weaker in attack.

franklin2323

Immortal
Ivan said he has been thinking about it for a while, he thinks it’s our best defensive combo also said May adding another ball player was part of it. Anyway I think based on that bet your house May will be at centre.

We deserve to be there next week we have been the best team all year and were the better team tonight. Two weeks in a row our completion rate has been woeful, hopefully we won’t do that 3 weeks in a row because we will lose if we do. We need to play a little more patiently, repeat sets have been a big strength for us and there were some chances for us to go for them and we went for big plays instead. We should of been up by 20 at halftime tonight and bombed more tries in the second half.

Tonight both sides were bad so maybe the surface was poor. Simple drops

Latest posts