What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The rise of the Penny Panthers

Jane Murray

Bench
So here we are a part of a grand final? Who would have thought we would make it this far? I, for one, was not confident.

The improvements has been great to see. We defeated the Roosters, twice, one of their losses to us, helped end their season. The same applies to the Rabbitohs. We defeated the Storm, with a chance to do so again on Sunday, this game, if we win, if that happens, will be the one that matters. We won against the against the Sharks, and gave them a footy lesson at the same time.

I am enjoying watching the vast improvements in our players. Their close bond is evident.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts?

The_Frog

First Grade
The main difference between the Storm's performance and ours in the prelims was that they took their chances in the first half and built up a comfortable buffer, whereas we didn't. Both opponents came back strongly in the second half but the Storm were always in control due to their lead, whereas we were in danger of losing.

Storm had a much better completion rate as well, but conditions were more conducive to ball handling. It is they who have to travel to Sydney this time.

Jane Murray

Bench
The main difference between the Storm's performance and ours in the prelims was that they took their chances in the first half and built up a comfortable buffer, whereas we didn't. Both opponents came back strongly in the second half but the Storm were always in control due to their lead, whereas we were in danger of losing.

Storm had a much better completion rate as well, but conditions were more conducive to ball handling. It is they who have to travel to Sydney this time.

There is that, and they have the experience. Some of the errors we made, I put that down to nerves, and inexperience.

Crashtest

Juniors
So here we are a part of a grand final? Who would have thought we would make it this far? I, for one, was not confident.

The improvements has been great to see. We defeated the Roosters, twice, one of their losses to us, helped end their season. The same applies to the Rabbitohs. We defeated the Storm, with a chance to do so again on Sunday, this game, if we win, if that happens, will be the one that matters. We won against the against the Sharks, and gave them a footy lesson at the same time.

I am enjoying watching the vast improvements in our players. Their close bond is evident.

I am interested in hearing your thoughts?

Given all the success this season, we should hopefully win the following on Monday nights Dally M awards:
- Dally M medal winner
- Best Coach
- Best Halfback
- Best Hooker
- Rookie OTY

Other slight chances of winning: Best Prop, Best Lock, Best interchange player

Jane Murray

Bench
Given all the success this season, we should hopefully win the following on Monday nights Dally M awards:
- Dally M medal winner
- Best Coach
- Best Halfback
- Best Hooker
- Rookie OTY

Other slight chances of winning: Best Prop, Best Lock, Best interchange player
OTY?

soc123_au

Staff member
Api has been a huge part of the rise along with Cleary feeling confident in owning the team.

The biggest thing though is it seems like the whole team never stop competing. Even when they have had some sections in a game where they play like shit, the effort never goes away.

Jane Murray

Bench
Api has been a huge part of the rise along with Cleary feeling confident in owning the team.

The biggest thing though is it seems like the whole team never stop competing. Even when they have had some sections in a game where they play like shit, the effort never goes away.
Zane and James were not charged, so they are free to play on Sunday.

The_Frog

First Grade
Crichton. He only played 4 games last season, so is still eligible. I have him as a certainty to win it, but then again I’m an extremely biased Panthers supporter...
This was raised ages ago. Harry Grant has it sewn up, I'm afraid. Probably deserves it, too. It seems he has won the RLPA rookie award already.

The_Frog

First Grade
Good point, and Crichton is in line for a potential Origin call up? Happy days.
There's 7 places left. Cleary, Pap and AddoCarr are certainties. Yeo is a near-certainly, Koroisau and Finucane likely. That leaves one place out of Crichton, Martin, Tamou, Leota and any smokies who might carve up in the GF.

Latest posts