What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman

The calm one

Juniors
Please don't wish that upon him or us, the NRL don't meet their obligations and so we end up with having to pay his salary. No, I hope his manager finds a deal for him and because of this, he requests a release.

For those who say Norman doesn't care, you may be right however, Norman's manager does care about his cut.
All this talk about getting rid of him has anyone here actually thought that the new coach might want him and wouldn't release him anyway

BBTB

Juniors
Whether Hook wants Norman or not, Norman will not leave without being paid out.

So let’s hope Hook puts a fire under Norman’s arse and gets him motivated.

Otherwise I can see him spending much of 2021 season in CC.
Norman... Is a lost cause... Must get him out..... Or we'll spend precious time... Trying to fix up this loser.

time

Maddragon99

Juniors
All this talk about getting rid of him has anyone here actually thought that the new coach might want him and wouldn't release him anyway

After 2 years Norman is now a lost cause, look how much Penrith have improved since James Maloney moved on.

At this point Norman is just a road.block to giving Sullivan the reigns in 2021

possm

Coach
After 2 years Norman is now a lost cause, look how much Penrith have improved since James Maloney moved on.

At this point Norman is just a road.block to giving Sullivan the reigns in 2021
Exactly, and it is even more than this. Normans salary cap is what we need to recruit a good fullback.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Exactly, and it is even more than this. Normans salary cap is what we need to recruit a good fullback.

I’d like to see how Cody Ramsey develops next year he could be the long term solution. Bird & Lomax in the centre’s we’ve got the making of a good team.

possm

Coach
I’d like to see how Cody Ramsey develops next year he could be the long term solution. Bird & Lomax in the centre’s we’ve got the making of a good team.
Yes there are many options right now. Bird at left centre should only te the case if Feagai is not up to it however, I'm convinced he is already up to the task of being our left centre. Hiring Cooper to mentor Max Feagai would be a great idea.

If we happen to land Bird, then I'd play him at fullback first up and let things unfold from there.

denis preston

First Grade
Whether Hook wants Norman or not, Norman will not leave without being paid out.

So let’s hope Hook puts a fire under Norman’s arse and gets him motivated.

Otherwise I can see him spending much of 2021 season in CC.

Was he really ever better than a good player ? Although he has played SOO every side he dons a jersey for goes backwards ? Is he and Moylan the biggest myths going around ?

possm

Coach
The Bulldogs will officially table a $800,000 two-year deal for Panthers young gun Matt Burton on Monday.

Burton is signed for next season but is stuck behind Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai and Tyrone May at the foot of the mountains.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/e69c15a7d673406cab8f1713585e6ef6

The Bulldogs should take Norman for season 2021 while waiting for their new recruit Barton to arrive in 2022. Surely Millward can convince Barrett to do this by offering a deal he cannot resist.

The calm one

Juniors
The Bulldogs will officially table a $800,000 two-year deal for Panthers young gun Matt Burton on Monday.

Burton is signed for next season but is stuck behind Nathan Cleary, Jarome Luai and Tyrone May at the foot of the mountains.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/e69c15a7d673406cab8f1713585e6ef6

The Bulldogs should take Norman for season 2021 while waiting for their new recruit Barton to arrive in 2022. Surely Millward can convince Barrett to do this by offering a deal he cannot resist.
You honestly think Barrett wants him. Dream on

possm

Coach
Why would Barrett or anyone else want Corey Norman?
Honestly, he's on our payroll and we are stuck with him. That's it, end of story. We carry him for 2021 and dump him at end of contract.
The Dogs are down a five-eighth for 2021. Flanagan plus Norman could be a good interum combination. Maybe Barrett can do more with Norman than Mary did.

Of course the Dogs could go for Bird, only he wants a 2-4 year deal.

BLM01

First Grade
The Dogs are down a five-eighth for 2021. Flanagan plus Norman could be a good interum combination. Maybe Barrett can do more with Norman than Mary did.

Of course the Dogs could go for Bird, only he wants a 2-4 year deal.
What’s wrong with Lewis or even Averillo? Both better than Norman
So no Barrett does not need Norman
So your quest to find Normy a home is failing miserably specially on the money he’s gonna want or we have to pay out for someone to take him off our hands
keep trying @possm

BLM01

First Grade
Why would Barrett or anyone else want Corey Norman?
Honestly, he's on our payroll and we are stuck with him. That's it, end of story. We carry him for 2021 and dump him at end of contract.
Cmon @Forbes Creek Dragons
There was your cue to come in right there after that statement to quote the “killing time” statement
you’ve let me down :tired_face:

True_Believer

Juniors
What’s wrong with Lewis or even Averillo? Both better than Norman
So no Barrett does not need Norman
So your quest to find Normy a home is failing miserably specially on the money he’s gonna want or we have to pay out for someone to take him off our hands
keep trying @possm

As you say, the money is an issue here. Even if someone like the Bulldogs wanted Norman, it's highly unlikely that they will pay the same amount as us - so therefore would want some sort of compensation for the current year - more than likely a fair portion of the contract. So we wouldn't even be getting the use of the full financial amount for 21.

I can't see it happening.