What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

Do you want Brad Arthur as coach

• Yes

Votes: 106 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 113 51.6%

• Total voters

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Despite finishing third and assembling one of the best rosters the Eels have known over the last few years, coach Brad Arthur has come in for some scathing criticism since their finals exit.
The knock on Arthur is that since he joined the Eels, they’ve only won one finals game and that was against Brisbane 58-0.

The wagons have circled Arthur since Parramatta were sent packing by South Sydney.

Ever since that defeat talk has raged that the coach, and his key playmaker Mitchell Moses, aren’t up to the task of ending Parramatta’s lengthy premiership drought.

In the eyes of prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard, however, talk of Arthur being out of his depth are way out of line.

“Brad is definitely the bloke for the (Eels) job, he has turned my football around,” Campbell-Gillard told AAP after being recalled to the NSW Blues squad.

“The respect he has for the players, and the players for him is massive.”

Since their capitulation against the Rabbitohs there have been a number of theories thrown up as to what to do next.

There is a suggestion that the Eels coach and general manager of football Mark O’Neill don’t get on.

While a story was flouted that Parramatta may look to bring in Tim Sheens or Shane Flanagan to help assist Arthur after both left Widnes and St George Illawarra recently.

Campbell-Gillard, however, says critics wouldn’t stand a chance if they were handed the reins of coaching an NRL club and should lay off the coach.

“I think all those opinions have probably got to be kept to themselves. Brad is an excellent coach, I will back him 100 per cent,” the prop added.

“All those reports, I found pretty off. That’s not what he is about and it’s not what should be around about him.

“It doesn’t reflect everything he does for everyone at the club.

“This competition is a very tough competition, if not the toughest in the world.

“It’s very hard to make semi-finals.

“If you think you could do a better job, come try and do it. You wouldn’t last a week.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...1/news-story/8096629240c800a6edfe6c28b65f74b6

IFR33K

Coach
Right. It looks like I've got the job. My first move is to get rid of all of our fans and bring in some fresh ones. So can you all please kindly f**k off?

Can the death riders stay? Please. We’ll promise to remain loyal and tell you you’re the best, despite f%^king up time and time again. And we’ll throw our support behind the club no matter what!