What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Grand Final PENRITH v STORM - 25th October

Gronk

Staff member
That Cleary can coach.

Wests Tigers say Hi. He signed them MBye, Reynolds, Packer long term who are collectively on 2.5M then walked out on them after two rubbish 2017/18 seasons with a 42% win rate.

It's about the roster and he bailed for a better roster and left them in flames. Nice one.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wests Tigers say Hi. He signed them MBye, Reynolds, Packer long term who are collectively on 2.5M then walked out on them after two rubbish 2017/18 seasons with a 42% win rate.

It's about the roster and he bailed for a better roster and left them in flames. Nice one.
But he was smart enough to keep Ciraldo and bring in Barrett to do the coaching. I wouldnt so much say hes a great coach but he knows his strengths and weaknesses and identified an outstanding young roster.

Gronk

Staff member
But he was smart enough to keep Ciraldo and bring in Barrett to do the coaching. I wouldnt so much say hes a great coach but he knows his strengths and weaknesses and identified an outstanding young roster.

No doubt he walked into a good roster. Plenty of people taking credit for it except for one quiet bloke. STG get it however.

anthonygriffin-1-640x427.jpg

eel01s

Bench
I hate to say this, but I think Melbourne will beat Penrith. Their defence will be too good. They will have a plan to nullify Api and Cleary.

TheParraboy

Staff member

To be fair , those blokes shit the bed when Madge arrived. Reynolds injuries could happen to any coach

Packer was pissed Clearly left as was their board

Didnt Cleary have success at the Warriors? which is very rare

parra pete

Referee
I hate to say this, but I think Melbourne will beat Penrith. Their defence will be too good. They will have a plan to nullify Api and Cleary.

Will this require "chicken winging', "crushers", "ear twisting" " " ankle tugging on tackled players" "faking injuries" "standing off side" on try line defence - or will they change these normal tactics for different ones in Grand Final?

hindy111

Post Whore

His signings where woefull. I give the Duke full credit for roster and jnr development. But Ivan did go all out for Api.

BA deserves credit for good purchases.

Gronk

Staff member
His signings where woefull. I give the Duke full credit for roster and jnr development. But Ivan did go all out for Api.

BA deserves credit for good purchases.

The Jnr development was all set up by Griffin.

Trent Barrett got Api bc of his relationship at Manly.

hindy111

Post Whore

We put 24 on them.

Panthers are a better side.

There is strike all over. Luai,Kikau,Martin,Yeo,Critchon can all cause problems I feel.

I hope its a good game.

Gronk

Staff member
No. Jnr was set up by Gould at grass root level mate.

Bwahaha. Gus got really shitty after Hook went on 360 and called him out.

Griffin was brought in to replace Cleary and says the players needed to be knocked into shape.

“They had a lot of juniors but no systems, no structures,” Griffin told NRL 360.

“They had no staff or resources applied to turning those players into NRL players, and there’s a big difference between having juniors and having potential NRL players.

“The structures, the training ethics, the attention to detail on the skill acquisition, all those things from the senior side down were in terrible shape.

“They were in terrible shape physically and mentally.”

Griffin believes he hasn’t received enough credit for turning Penrith’s junior pool into one of the best in the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/09...d-fires-back-at-former-coach-anthony-griffin/

strider

Post Whore

Griffin was brought in to replace Cleary and says the players needed to be knocked into shape.

“They had a lot of juniors but no systems, no structures,” Griffin told NRL 360.

“They had no staff or resources applied to turning those players into NRL players, and there’s a big difference between having juniors and having potential NRL players.

“The structures, the training ethics, the attention to detail on the skill acquisition, all those things from the senior side down were in terrible shape.

Griffin believes he hasn’t received enough credit for turning Penrith’s junior pool into one of the best in the NRL.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/09...d-fires-back-at-former-coach-anthony-griffin/
So we blindly believe griffin? ... instead of blindly believing gould? .... tbh i dont think any of us have a clue

hindy111

Post Whore

Well what did you expect him to say? He wanted to be able to get credit so he could land another job.