What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where to?

I have trouble believing that salary cap management is the primary or driving factor behind this. We are masters of that. I tend to agree with HC that something is a bit fishy. It could be something to do with attitude, cultural fit and the influence of Shane on his son's progress. I don't think we'll ever find out.

I have trouble believing that salary cap management is the primary or driving factor behind this. We are masters of that. I tend to agree with HC that something is a bit fishy. It could be something to do with attitude, cultural fit and the influence of Shane on his son's progress. I don't think we'll ever find out.

Brett Read said (on 2MMM) that in salary cap planning we've been thrown off by Teddy's management asking for a lot more than was first thought. Also it was not expected that both Morris' and Friend would be looking to play on in 2021, hence the cap issue.

Brett Read said (on 2MMM) that in salary cap planning we've been thrown off by Teddy's management asking for a lot more than was first thought. Also it was not expected that both Morris' and Friend would be looking to play on in 2021, hence the cap issue.
That's fair enough.

I wasn't suggesting that it isn't a factor, but I just think there might be more to it, that's all.

I am seeing a rumour doing the rounds that we might be interested in Gareth Widdop. I would be happy with that and, if it is a two year deal, it would buy enough time to get Walker ready. A win win situation potentially. It could be worse.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
They moved Flannagan on because he did not improve one bit during the year. He never ran and his defence was a liability. Also apparently I have heard from more than one source that he did not get on with other players.

This Walker business pisses me off, I really hope the kid succeeds. I am impressed by somethings in his vids and unimpressed by other things. He hasn't played against men and is so unproven its ridiculous that some Roosters fans are borderline obsessed with the kid.

We have Lam and yes I would say he hadn't set the world on fire until they put him in this year and I believe he was better and contributed more than Flannagan (aside from goal kicker).
We also have another kid Coby Thomas who is very handy and is possibly better than Walker. Thomas has been playing 20s and for North Sydney. He was also selected to play for South Africa, only problem is injury

Yes, I know guys, the hate and vitriol out there against us is nothing short of breathtaking.

This business with Suualii is relentless. Apparently, we are up to our old tricks and the Rabble are a perfectly harmless victim in this.

We are apparently terrible for how we have treated "Flanno". Ruthless and other more unflattering terms were bandied around.

People forget the number of players that leave our club - Kyle to Belmore and Poasa to the Dragons, to name the latest two.

I hope that Angus doesn't go. He has been one of our best. We need to prioritise him for sure.

Valheru

Coach
Yes, I know guys, the hate and vitriol out there against us is nothing short of breathtaking.

This business with Suualii is relentless. Apparently, we are up to our old tricks and the Rabble are a perfectly harmless victim in this.

We are apparently terrible for how we have treated "Flanno". Ruthless and other more unflattering terms were bandied around.

People forget the number of players that leave our club - Kyle to Belmore and Poasa to the Dragons, to name the latest two.

I hope that Angus doesn't go. He has been one of our best. We need to prioritise him for sure.

The meltdown by opposition fans about Flanno is hilarious. We did the same thing with Poasa and Souths are trying to do the same thing with James Roberts but no one seems to feel sorry for them. Flanno has come out of this better off if the figures reported int he media are true.

I don't believe there is anything to the Angus rumours, we would be silly to let him go.

I come in peace...

Easts will be fine, they might dip a bit but nothing drastic. It's to be expected after going all in with Cronk a couple years ago. The cap will always catch up. There's enough quality in the side to keep picking up wins for finals appearances while the kids develop/find their feet.
Fair post, I generally agree, thank you for that.

So to release Suaalii 1 year early, the SMH are reporting that Souths demand the Roosters swap him for Daniel Tupou - https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ra...ange-for-suaalii-release-20201124-p56hbw.html

Talk about pie in the sky. LOL

When the Latrell BS was going down last year we were saying he could go anywhere but Souths. In the the end we let him go. Just two old enemies rattling sabres. Reckon Souths will quietly let him go during the off season. Also can’t see them affording Toops and extending Latrell’s contract which would be substantially more for next year.

Headless Chook

Juniors
When the Latrell BS was going down last year we were saying he could go anywhere but Souths. In the the end we let him go. Just two old enemies rattling sabres. Reckon Souths will quietly let him go during the off season. Also can’t see them affording Toops and extending Latrell’s contract which would be substantially more for next year.
Surely the vermin filth could medically retire a player or two if it’s cap space they are worried about.

Latest posts