What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Videos Dragon Wins

ruthless dragon

Juniors
Go the Dragons, lets have a sumptuous feast of chicken Sunday night!
Back to the past I have a few games of full replays taken off u tube which now seems to have disappeared.

Any ideas on where to find older dragons games?

Oh while I am at it, this is a good, potentially great Dragons team and for what it is worth I also reckon a Dragons Wabbits Grand Final and we will BELT them.....enjoy the ride.

blue bags

First Grade
This newsreel features highlights from the 1965 grand final which finished with the St George Dragons defeating the South Sydney Rabbitohs by 12 points to 8.

At the time, the crowd of 78,056 people set a new attendance record. In 1965, the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) capacity was 70,000 – a number which was reached a full two hours before kick-off.

Surrounding streets and parks were packed with an estimated 40,000 more who were still trying to get into the ground. Hundreds broke in by storming the Members' gates and climbing the grandstands onto the roofs.

Others bought tickets to the motor show next door at the Sydney Showground and gained a vantage point from there. Eventually police allowed thousands to sit on the ground itself, covering the outer ring of the oval.

This record for attendance at a rugby league match stood for 34 years, until the Sydney Olympic Stadium opened in 1999.

https://www.nfsa.gov.au/collection/curated/rugby-league-grand-final-1965