What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

Gareth67

First Grade
Free Maccas - was a cop for nine years and I can attest to the freebies on closing time - anything left over went to the first cop car on site. Not sure if it still happens. Free Daily Telegraphs at Surry Hills as well.

So your the bloke who use to cop the Maccas were you Banjo ?

BLM01

First Grade
Wasn't there some back and forth when Broncos first got Bird that the Sharks didn't tell them the full story regarding his injuries?
Media talk or player manager talk
And if it did well Broncos deserved what they got. Can’t whinge after

kit66

Bench
We do need a top line centre but Bird is too much of a liability injury-wise. We should spend up and grab a couple of really good, reliable players. Melbourne want a reasonable swap for Addo Carr, why not offer them Norman, if anyone can get some use out of Norman it's Bellamy.
No more duds.

Draginzaaar

Bench
We do need a top line centre but Bird is too much of a liability injury-wise. We should spend up and grab a couple of really good, reliable players. Melbourne want a reasonable swap for Addo Carr, why not offer them Norman, if anyone can get some use out of Norman it's Bellamy.
No more duds.

Where would Melbourne play Norman on $850K?

No more duds.
Agree, huge risk with Bird. Once a player is injury prone it usually stays that way. As it stands the squad is worse than mediocre. The last few seasons have proved that. Some good juniors may help but sensible recruitment is the only answer..

possm

Coach
Agree, huge risk with Bird. Once a player is injury prone it usually stays that way. As it stands the squad is worse than mediocre. The last few seasons have proved that. Some good juniors may help but sensible recruitment is the only answer..
I'd say, for Saints to start a-fresh and begin building a competitive side we need to off-load; Dufty, Norman, Hunt, Merrin and K Sims.

The rest of the marginal players; Pereira, Ravalawa, Williame, Tyrell F and Blacker will have to win a first grade spot from reserve grade.

We need to recruit genuine first grade players for the following positions: Two props, one edge forward and a fullback. So our 17 should look like this;

1. JAC or Bird or Allen
2. Matt Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Napa
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Jo O
13. De Belin

14. Poasa Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Ford

18. Blacker
19. William
20. Pereira
21. Ravalawa
22. Hunt
23. Norman
24. Merrin
25. Schiller
26. Junior
27. Junior
28. Junior

Only recruiting four new players.

Rumours are that it will be a top 28 for 2021.

I would offer the Storm a swap, Dufty for JAC.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
I couldn't possibly see what could go wrong with Jack Bird being back at the club in which his career started.

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
I'd say, for Saints to start a-fresh and begin building a competitive side we need to off-load; Dufty, Norman, Hunt, Merrin and K Sims.

The rest of the marginal players; Pereira, Ravalawa, Williame, Tyrell F and Blacker will have to win a first grade spot from reserve grade.

We need to recruit genuine first grade players for the following positions: Two props, one edge forward and a fullback. So our 17 should look like this;

1. JAC or Bird or Allen
2. Matt Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Napa
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Jo O
13. De Belin

14. Poasa Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Ford

18. Blacker
19. William
20. Pereira
21. Ravalawa
22. Hunt
23. Norman
24. Merrin
25. Schiller
26. Junior
27. Junior
28. Junior

Norman & Dufty may be offloaded but I highly doubt hunt will be. Hunt will be our starting no7 under griffin next year

boardlumps62

Juniors

1. JAC or Bird or Allen
2. Matt Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Napa
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Jo O
13. De Belin

14. Poasa Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Ford

18. Blacker
19. William
20. Pereira
21. Ravalawa
22. Hunt
23. Norman
24. Merrin
25. Schiller
26. Junior
27. Junior
28. Junior

I'd take Allen

Timmo62

Juniors
I am liking the fact that we are sticking to our guns on what we are prepared to pay for these players. You can not build a squad with good depth if you pay overs to get players here. The correct re build will take time and needs patience. If it doesn't happen next year so be it. Lets make sure we sign up all the players in the squad that we want to keep long term so they can't be poached come Nov 1.

gregstar

Referee
‘Laughed at them’: Broncos ‘arrogance’ might cost them $1m for a player they don't want

Unwanted Broncos star Jack Bird’s mooted move to St George Illawarra has hit a massive roadblock after Brisbane failed to issue the Dragons with a revised offer.
The Daily Telegraph reported the Dragons walked away from negotiations because the Broncos neglected to issue the club with a counteroffer after rejecting the deal on the table.

New Dragons coach Anthony Griffin was keen to lure Bird to the club, but after a week of silence from Red Hill chose to take the high ground and refused to engage with the Broncos.

The development is a disaster for Both Bird and the Broncos with the player keen to return home to Sydney having privately told friends a Dragons switch was imminent.

The Broncos also desperately need the cap space offloading part of Bird’s monster $975,000 contract would create to allow them to attain a more balanced roster.

It now appears that Bird will be forced to play out the remainder of his contract at the Broncos in 2021, before he can move to another club.

“The Dragons offered up a figure and Brisbane laughed at them,” an official from a rival club told The Daily Telegraph.

“But the Broncos never went back to Saints with a revised offer.

“So the Dragons simply moved on. Jack is desperate to leave Brisbane but there may not be anywhere else for him to go, so he will have to stay at the Broncos. Brisbane is trying to push him out but he has a signed contract.

“There is a feeling among several clubs that Brisbane thinks ‘we’re the Broncos and if we want to move a player then we will’. It’s bullish and even arrogant.”

Bird has struggled with injuries since moving to the Broncos in 2018 having played just 17 games over three seasons and is coming off an ACL injury.

ea4200140a6e226372a73eabcce0db53

Jack Bird looks set to remain at Red Hill in 2021.Source: AAP
Clubs are wary of the 25-year-old’s injury history, but the Dragons were very interested in paying up to $675,000 of Bird’s deal for next season.

There will be laughs aplenty when Bird ruptures his toenail next year & sits out another season.
And if I was Saints CEO when this happens, I'd ring, laugh & hang up.

Latest posts