What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Jamberoo

Juniors
With the member on sale done, does anyone know how many tickets are available to the general public?

moffla

Bench
Disappointed that I won’t be part of whatever crowd figure is posted this week for the Grand Final. I travelled up from Melbourne for our past four Grand Finals and today is usually the day I’m scrambling to get tickets and flights sorted.
Yep, same. It's a shame

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good info here
http://www.footyindustry.com/
NRL 70m. AFL 75m.
Ratings fluctuate in line with how the local teams are going, plus Melbourne in lockdown means the 4 million lost AFL attendees are logically watching those games on TV. Reckon the only thing that might worry the NRL is how the finals have been going - AFL rating about 30% - 40% higher. And their GF at night for the first time probably means it will be the top rating program in 2020 rather than SOO. Other than that, not much change on previous years. Once you add in 3 x SOO, NRL will end up around a mill behind the AFL.

No FTA Sat night and poor Sydney audiences cost us the regular season rating war.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Both codes will make sure it does
Well I was wrong! AFL sold out in 15 mins this morning. That is $12mill of revenue (average ticket price around $400).
NRL selling ok - cheaper sections have only limited availability. Storm section sold out but still tickets left in Panthers section. Should be sold out by end of the day. Still, only around $5mill revenue at an average ticket price of $130.
NRL needs to do something to change their ticketing model.

Last edited:

Big Moose

Juniors
The AFL sold a total of about 18k tickets to competing club members and general public with cheapests seats at $185. The rest are corporates.
Panthers obviously don’t have a following in the same mould as Eels or Souths

why has this grand final not officially sold out yet ?
are NRL fans in Sydney kidding?

its just 40K , half of recent years that sold out in those years ... days ago
I know for a fact , Raiders fans have put their tickets up for sale & as of this morning they still haven't been sold

and yes , I know those raiders tickets are still .... sold , but my concern is fans , certainly of penrith aren't hunting down spare tickets like their lives depended on it

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench

I know for a fact , Raiders fans have put their tickets up for sale & as of this morning they still haven't been sold

and yes , I know those raiders tickets are still .... sold , but my concern is fans , certainly of penrith aren't hunting down spare tickets like their lives depended on it
probably because one teams fanbase are in lockdown and the others mustn't be big enough to fill it alone? but still, you'd think sydney would be able to gather more than 40k panthers fans/interested neutrals (im sure it will sell out before kickoff too)

franklin2323

Immortal

I did call this last week. Closed borders locking out one teams fans. Was never going to sell out

Big Moose

Juniors
I did call this last week. Closed borders locking out one teams fans. Was never going to sell out

They always fill the seats somehow. Just like Storm v Roosters in 2018 and vs Cowboys in 2017.

They could potentially be selling more than 40k considering people with freebies won’t turn up in the rain

franklin2323

Immortal
They always fill the seats somehow. Just like Storm v Roosters in 2018 and vs Cowboys in 2017.

They could potentially be selling more than 40k considering people with freebies won’t turn up in the rain

Both those examples had the borders open to let interstate fans in and had the Public holiday the day after. Also didn't come onsale 3 weeks out from the event

oh please , you think that anymore then 5000 melbournians have ever travelled to an NRL grand final ?
Id doubt it

its astounding that Sydneysiders can't fill it all by themselves
Penriths fans & every other teams fans wanting to see the storm beat

appalling effort

franklin2323

Immortal
oh please , you think that anymore then 5000 melbournians have ever travelled to an NRL grand final ?
Id doubt it

its astounding that Sydneysiders can't fill it all by themselves
Penriths fans & every other teams fans wanting to see the storm beat

appalling effort

You think those from Qld don't come? What about those from regional areas that come and stay the night when it has a public holiday the next day?
Then those who won't go in big crowds with Covid.

Fact is there are plenty of reasons why people aren't going to games this year