What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PF2 Panthers vs Rabbits

The_Frog

First Grade
Tedesco, RTS, Tommy Turbo, Gutherson, Mitchell, Ponga, even Brimson and Klokstad, are comfortably better players then he is.
Edwards is underrated because all anyone sees is attack. Fullback isn't just an attacking position. Edwards has it all over every one of them in his positioning for kicks, his coverage of the in-goal, and his safety under the high ball. He doesn't beat tackles like some others do but he backs up line breaks as good as anyone.

Abacus

Juniors
Still scratching my head how the Gagai try was given. Sent up as no try and still can't see how there was enough to over rule the call
And I thought the pass from Walker for their last try went forward - need another look to see whether it was out of the hands or floated though.

age.s

First Grade
Still scratching my head how the Gagai try was given. Sent up as no try and still can't see how there was enough to over rule the call

I thought the Gagai try was ok. There was one angle that looked pretty clear, but it was one if those ones that'd needed slow mo to be given. The Allen try looked worse to me. Reckon his hands overran the ball.

age.s

First Grade
And I thought the pass from Walker for their last try went forward - need another look to see whether it was out of the hands or floated though.

Their first try was the set after a bullshit penalty and the one on one strip was line ball at best.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought the Gagai try was ok. There was one angle that looked pretty clear, but it was one if those ones that'd needed slow mo to be given. The Allen try looked worse to me. Reckon his hands overran the ball.

I was fine with that because it went up as a try. I thought both were 50/50 and had to stay with the onfield call

It’s ridiculous, told he was to small in Harold Matts and now he bounces off NRL props and back rowers with ease.

He made a tackle against the roosters I think on JWH(it was definitely one of their big guys) who had lined him up and charged and Brian just stood his ground, hit him low, picked him up and drove him into the ground. I was in awe.

I think he was my motm last night tbh, he just had so many important runs plus the try.

To’o is why I’m not concerned about us soon losing Mansour’s meters.

Edwards is underrated because all anyone sees is attack. Fullback isn't just an attacking position. Edwards has it all over every one of them in his positioning for kicks, his coverage of the in-goal, and his safety under the high ball. He doesn't beat tackles like some others do but he backs up line breaks as good as anyone.

He might just be the best backup runner in the comp. I kinda wished it rubbed off on some of our other players, obviously it’s a bit easier for a FB to pop up all over the place, but support play is a really important aspect of the game.

tripster

Juniors
Shout out to Brian To’o. Bounced back from a bad game last week and was amazing last night, 67 post contact metres, he gets so much momentum for us. He’s entering Yeo and Fish territory for mine, such a great player.

I agree, thought he was amazing. Even the first try we scored after the Johnston knock on, not many wingers score that, he had three to beat and got through them all. His runs out of our own end were also incredible.

He was a close second behind Api for MOTM for mine.

The_Frog

First Grade
The highlight of this game, and perhaps the season, was watching Yeo beat Nichols and Cook all ends up with footwork to charge into the open to set Edwards up. Nichols is a plodder as we all know but Cook's defensive weakness exposed yet again here. Still, he's a sharp dummy half runner so I guess you live with his lazy defence.

The_Frog

First Grade
Their first try was the set after a bullshit penalty and the one on one strip was line ball at best.
I notice Annesley didn't look at the strip on Edwards although he did look at the Reynolds non-40/20 which was 100% clear cut. This I suspect can only mean one thing. We didn't squeal loud enough.

Jane Murray

Bench
I notice Annesley didn't look at the strip on Edwards although he did look at the Reynolds non-40/20 which was 100% clear cut. This I suspect can only mean one thing. We didn't squeal loud enough.

I don't have audio, what was said about the non-40/20 kick?

betcats

Referee

There was no stoppage in the game for him to look at the strip and they dont do a review of strips/knockons automatically in any case.

The_Frog

First Grade
There was no stoppage in the game for him to look at the strip and they dont do a review of strips/knockons automatically in any case.
Which is why Annesley could have looked at it in his briefing, unless the outcome wasn't favourable that is. The ball was obscured in the footage shown on TV.

It’s highly likely the video refs tipped the ref off to look as the tv was showing Reynolds foot on the line and there was a break in play

They played the refs audio, the touchie clearly called it as outside the 40 the second the kick left the boot. It was more information only, there was nothing at all controversial about this call.