What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
He looked a lot bigger than I remember him. His go forward actually wasn't too bad, and he flattened Gagai. We haven't seen that sort of hit from one of our edge defenders for a long time.

Seemed to get rag dolled to my eye. Of course he will get stronger the more he plays.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Seemed to get rag dolled to my eye. Of course he will get stronger the more he plays.
Papenhuyzen got rag dolled by f**ken Mitch Moses. Not all fullbacks are in the team to make hit ups. But wingers do so little by comparison that they absolutely should be in the team for their go forward. Penrith's wingers make more carries through the middle than their forwards.

84 Baby

Referee
How are Hughes and Hollis developing?
Why did Gus give Haze such a wrap. He looked so weak and small in his debut.
Everyone looks weak if they run straight with little to no run up into 3 barrelling defenders. Finucane got pushed back 15m on the weekend. Is he weak and small?
What Dunster needs to do is shadow Fergo for 12 months to learn how he manoeuvres his body to reduce the tackle impact

amitropo

Juniors
Looks like there’s a Centre worth pursuing, Naden at Penrith seems to be on the nose at club!
Worth trying to get?

If MJ is gone, Backline next season of:
1. Gutho
2. SIVO
3. Naden
4. Waqa
5. Fergo

looks a better option then moving half the backline around!
2 centers that can’t defend

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Everyone looks weak if they run straight with little to no run up into 3 barrelling defenders. Finucane got pushed back 15m on the weekend. Is he weak and small?
What Dunster needs to do is shadow Fergo for 12 months to learn how he manoeuvres his body to reduce the tackle impact

What Dunster needs to do is not be a rookie winger, debuting in a finals game against the best general kicking halfback in the game

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wow.

Are we really having discussions about moving Gutho to centre to accommodate French?

Wow.
It reminds me of the "put Hayne on the wing so Burt can play FB" ridiculousness.

Spine players are the most important. Gutho was outstanding this season. You don't move him to centre unless you are getting Teddy or Turbo (or similar) at fullback.

Yes, Gutho has his shortcomings. But he does a lot right from the back as well.

Wow.

Are we really having discussions about moving Gutho to centre to accommodate French?

Wow.
It reminds me of the "put Hayne on the wing so Burt can play FB" ridiculousness.

Spine players are the most important. Gutho was outstanding this season. You don't move him to centre unless you are getting Teddy or Turbo (or similar) at fullback.

Yes, Gutho has his shortcomings. But he does a lot right from the back as well.

More to the point, how could Gutho play hooker and centre at the same time.?

Soto

Bench
So have we signed anyone yet?
Is it a case of long protracted drawn out meetings?
To have released 11 players surely replacements have been signed and/or lined up.
Considering this board is full of successful Corporates, succession planning, risk mitigation and business continuity would be very high on their agenda.
I can't see how they would allow such high turnover if there wasn't carefully considered plans in place to replace. Many of these guys would have been operating with detailed business plans and contingency in place.
Possibly 5 or 6 will be back filled by juniors however the balance would have to come from new recruits.

So have we signed anyone yet?
Is it a case of long protracted drawn out meetings?
To have released 11 players surely replacements have been signed and/or lined up.
Considering this board is full of successful Corporates, succession planning, risk mitigation and business continuity would be very high on their agenda.
I can't see how they would allow such high turnover if there wasn't carefully considered plans in place to replace. Many of these guys would have been operating with detailed business plans and contingency in place.
Possibly 5 or 6 will be back filled by juniors however the balance would have to come from new recruits.
They're probably not aware of the true situation because Pou is being slack about updating his thread.