What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
I am not knocking Haze. But gould was really making a song and dance so I asked why?
I just didn't get the impression he would even be an Nrl player for 100 games. The Duke seemed to think he was a special talent.

strider

Post Whore
Maybe Ive got it wrong but I seem to recall Mahoneys promotion to NRL was a result of our 3 hookers becoming unavailable and it was a case of play Mahoney or someone who wasnt a 9. Lots were calling for his inclusion but it looked like it wasnt going to happen until DeGoise, Kritchard, W Smith were all unavailable. Im sure someone will correct me if Ive got that wrong.
Yes BA took a punt with Drown but Im not sure he had much choice with Rheed. And the rest they say, is history.
You dont have to blood every kid at 20 yrs old or less ... theres probably still plenty to be said for not playing some kids too early

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
You dont have to blood every kid at 20 yrs old or less ... theres probably still plenty to be said for not playing some kids too early

Usually takes 2 NRL pre-seasons for a player to be ready for first grade. Close to a full season in reserve grade also helps. I like how we introduce players into first grade, particularly forwards. I hope we continue with it, I think we saw what happens when you introduce young players too quickly and give them too much game time with Bevan and Moeora. Both needed a year in reserves and a pre-season before being introduced.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I am not knocking Haze. But gould was really making a song and dance so I asked why?
I just didn't get the impression he would even be an Nrl player for 100 games. The Duke seemed to think he was a special talent.
Yeah I reckon solid first grader at best, but every top 17 has some of those. Dunster looked to me like he is ready. I wouldn't be giving Gennings top 17 money to be a backup either.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow.

Are we really having discussions about moving Gutho to centre to accommodate French?

Wow.
It reminds me of the "put Hayne on the wing so Burt can play FB" ridiculousness.

Spine players are the most important. Gutho was outstanding this season. You don't move him to centre unless you are getting Teddy or Turbo (or similar) at fullback.

Yes, Gutho has his shortcomings. But he does a lot right from the back as well.
The more things change the more they stay the same.......

Gronk

Staff member
KEV WANTS COWBOY FOR BRONCOS
New Broncos coach Kevin Walters has made Cowboys forward John Asiata one of his main targets for 2021.

The Broncos have a big, powerful pack but all the players are basically ball-runners.

Asiata, with silky skills and the ability to play just about anywhere on the park, offers a point of difference.

But the ball-playing forward won't come cheap - and that is why Walters is looking to offload the likes of Jack Bird, Matt Lodge and Joe Ofahengaue.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/mole-m...-broncos/12da43c5-1c15-45af-819d-2f986e5d6852

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
OK I will admit this is partly trolling but, did Moses have less of an impact this year because Gutho was having more. Is Gutho jumping in and doing the work of our halves too much?