What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A prior issue

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Nuh, not one from before.

Matty Prior. Got himself another premiership with Leeds the other night. Sharks missed him badly this year
The banjo player was one of our unsung hero’s in ‘16. Funny enough both he and Capes were standouts in that semi v the Raiders when we were minus Gal and Wadeo. Hope Capes gets a bench spot and a ring this weekend too.

Chimp

Bench

Matty Prior. Got himself another premiership with Leeds the other night. Sharks missed him badly this year
Not a Premiership, the Challenge Cup - the knockout comp, but still a great achievement. 1 of the 2 major trophies in UK.

Also, Ava played too - both played well.

Quigs

Immortal
And youse seem to be forgetting this mighty ex sharkie too.

3157.png

Ads

First Grade

We missed the old Prior. He could not perform how he wanted anymore in the NRL (his words). Our problem is his replacements weren't as good.

ghoti

Bench
Just watched the Leeds / Catalans replay and Matty Prior absolutely killed it...loads of work in the middle and two classy try assists. Heaps more space to move in Super League obviously but he would've benefitted from the rule changes this year for sure.

Makes ya think how we would've gone if we didn't cop the salary cap fine and ggt weighed down by giant contracts this season... would've been a huge difference having the size and work of Prior and Capewell in the pack

carinashark

First Grade
Lot of people on here pouring Excrement on Capes once he made it into NRL.
I love hearing how well he is going, same to Prior but I think we did the right thing letting him go, but he made the difference when we needed him.

Chimp

Bench
Lot of people on here pouring Excrement on Capes once he made it into NRL.
I love hearing how well he is going, same to Prior but I think we did the right thing letting him go, but he made the difference when we needed him.
Prior has been fantastic for Leeds this year - almost 2016 like.... Hitting and sticking in defence, and then dragging them back towards their own line, and just putting in plenty of hard graft for long stints. He’s been unspectacularly fantastic, and I mean that in the best possible way.
All that being said, he’s playing in SL, where the standard is probably as low as it has ever been, and that’s before you take into account the COVID impact on the season which has seen Leeds finish the season playing 5 games in 15 days, including a winning Wembley Cup Final. SL is an absolute shambles.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Prior has been fantastic for Leeds this year - almost 2016 like.... Hitting and sticking in defence, and then dragging them back towards their own line, and just putting in plenty of hard graft for long stints. He’s been unspectacularly fantastic, and I mean that in the best possible way.
All that being said, he’s playing in SL, where the standard is probably as low as it has ever been, and that’s before you take into account the COVID impact on the season which has seen Leeds finish the season playing 5 games in 15 days, including a winning Wembley Cup Final. SL is an absolute shambles.

Exactly

People have short memories too. He was dreadful his last year for us.

Latest posts