What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Awards (club awards, Dally M, RLPA)

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I honestly thought Gutho deserved it,even though i'm a Parra fan i'm not biased and am generally negative towards Parra

Wizardman

First Grade
You won't say he's the best player in the comp?

Mate, the best player in the comp wins the Dally M. Jack's just won it - therefore Jack is the best player in the comp.

It's as simple as that really, just basic common sense.

It is a player of the year award, not the best player. I'd argue Nathan Cleary, Tommy Turbo and James Tedesco are the best players in the comp.

But, Wighton has had a stormer of a year and has definitely done more for his team than Tommy T and Tedesco overall. Cleary is arguable though in terms of 20 round consistency.

Im fine with him winning the award.

10$ Ferret

Staff member
I thought Gutho was going to get points in the last round.

But the moment for me was the Warriors winning the Summons/Provan award

Munky

Coach
Some of the reactions here take me back to Melon (I think, it was over a decade and a half ago) having a melt down when Buderus won over Finch.

Let's hope Cleary does better in the GF than Finch did that year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Production error my arse. You write something on twitter check that it goes public or not...delete or post.

So someone clicked on a "post" button as was the case with that leaked twitter...someone did it deliberately.
It wasn't leaked on twitter, it was leaked on the website and people who noticed it screenshotted it and put it on twitter.

GongPanther

Referee
and the salt awards go's too , drums beats :p
Disappointed for Nathan, but hardly salty. We are having a great year, 5 players in the team of the year including Nathan Cleary who is the best half of the year by a mile, and us in the GF. So where we stand, we have no complaints. Nathan Cleary will be much more motivated to turn in a blinder in the GF.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They should change it to a RLW-type system. Nathan isn't leading the Panthers forum poll by the way. Fisher-Harris is, and I bet he'd be lucky to get more than a half dozen votes. I don't know who was the best player in the NRL, but Wighton got almost all his points from round 10 on which isn't confidence inspiring. The Dally M's have been broken for years.

Jack won our forums player of the year in a massive tie for 1st