What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

Incorrect

Coach
I scanned through the tigers game thread .... basically parra fans bagged the shit out of gutho most the game for shit kicks n bad decisions .... but then he made the try saving tackle ...... he probably didnt deserve a point
I think it's obvious that next year every merkin here needs to just give Gutho the 3 points every week regardless.

Easy fix...

hindy111

Post Whore
I think we need to revert to the old Rugby League Week style ratings with every player getting a score out of 10. The current system rewards good players in shit teams and robs players like Nathan Brown who produces a 8/10 game every week even in a losing team.

Its a dumb system but people need to look at every game before the final one for Gutherson. I'm sure some he received 3 while plenty on here have him 1. Are there any games Wighton should of polled higher?

hindy111

Post Whore
I scanned through the tigers game thread .... basically parra fans bagged the shit out of gutho most the game for shit kicks n bad decisions .... but then he made the try saving tackle ...... he probably didnt deserve a point

He had a garbage game.....
Wighton didnt even play his last game. Otherwise prob polls another 3

Gronk

Staff member
Its a dumb system but people need to look at every game before the final one for Gutherson. I'm sure some he received 3 while plenty on here have him 1. Are there any games Wighton should of polled higher?
Likewise, Chin Boy gets credit for wins when it was really his 6, Lui who creates more try assists.

upload_2020-10-20_8-40-36.png

hybrideel

Bench
A few people complaining that Wighton got the 3 points in round 19 even though he was binned.
Nit sure how Brooks got the 1 point but given we only beat the Tigers by 4, it's probably fair enough to say 1 of their players would poll a point. However i would have thought Doueihi deserved it over Brooks

Some other things I noticed last night

Nable says that we bounced back from a 4 game losing streak to beat the Storm
Brandy then goes on to say we beat storm 4-0
Nable then says that Souths gave us a "rain check" in the 38-0 loss.

I can understand Brandy's mistake, but surely Nable was reading off a script

hybrideel

Bench
And I agree the Dally M format is majorly flawed. It doesn't guarantee the best player gets the award.
As mentioned before, a ranking out of 10 for every player, every game would be the fairest way of doing it

strider

Post Whore
And I agree the Dally M format is majorly flawed. It doesn't guarantee the best player gets the award.
As mentioned before, a ranking out of 10 for every player, every game would be the fairest way of doing it
Yeah but as if ruan would have the time to randomly pick values between 1 and 10 for 34 f**king players ffs

Gronk

Staff member
Unsure your hatred towards him. He is a special talent. Forget his try assist and think of his kicking game. This is why they win games. They are pin point.

I don't hate him merkin. I loved Jeff Robson and accordingly have respect for his prodigy..

hybrideel

Bench
Unsure your hatred towards him. He is a special talent. Forget his try assist and think of his kicking game. This is why they win games. They are pin point.

I think a lot of people have a negative feeling about him due to him being picked in Origin 2 years ago when he hadn't really deserved it. That and to get under your skin

This year he has definitely earnt the spot and has controlled the Panthers very well. If we had someone in our team doing that, we may be there instead of them this weekend

strider

Post Whore
I think a lot of people have a negative feeling about him due to him being picked in Origin 2 years ago when he hadn't really deserved it. That and to get under your skin

This year he has definitely earnt the spot and has controlled the Panthers very well. If we had someone in our team doing that, we may be there instead of them this weekend
Well yeah it is tradition for every ew south welshman to hang shit on every halfback picked for nsw in the past 15 years, rightly or wrongly

strider

Post Whore
Fact is, Luai would be a risky out of control nutjob in a team that didnt have someone with quality game control to steady the ship .... but just like the dally m awards, its cool to just spot the flashy merkin getting tries and fancy passes

Kornstar

Coach
There are a few players who deserve the tag each year that miss out, this was Gutho's year.

I'm ok with Wighton winning because he really stepped up when Hodgson went down, everyone basically said that the Raiders season was over and they made it to one game from the GF and Wighton was a massive part.

Well done to him!

Gutho and Cleary were also great this year and also would have deserved it but that is the way it goes in sports and life. They can still hold their heads up high because their teams were better for them just being in the team.

strider

Post Whore
There are a few players who deserve the tag each year that miss out, this was Gutho's year.

I'm ok with Wighton winning because he really stepped up when Hodgson went down, everyone basically said that the Raiders season was over and they made it to one game from the GF and Wighton was a massive part.

Well done to him!

Gutho and Cleary were also great this year and also would have deserved it but that is the way it goes in sports and life. They can still hold their heads up high because their teams were better for them just being in the team.
Spot on

eels_fan

First Grade
The bigger issue isn’t that Gutho didn’t get a point in round 20, but that Wighton somehow got 3 in round 19 despite 4 errors and a sin binning. Brandy was the judge at that game. Would have laughed even harder if that call cost his boy Cleary the win, unfortunately it cost Gutho.

Kornstar

Coach
The bigger issue isn’t that Gutho didn’t get a point in round 20, but that Wighton somehow got 3 in round 19 despite 4 errors and a sin binning. Brandy was the judge at that game. Would have laughed even harder if that call cost his boy Cleary the win, unfortunately it cost Gutho.

Didn't Thurston have a high error rate too in general? Errors for a half aren't necessarily killers if they create more chances than not. Part of being a half is to take risks and they will not all come off.

He won his team games this year, as did Gutho, as did Cleary and as did Shaun Johnson (but he got injured but he was up there with them until he was injured).

That's like people arguing that Gutho shouldn't have got points in R20 because he only ran 77 metres. Now i know he didn't get a point but there has been a big conversations on twitter that he had 2 try assists and the try saving tackle and should have received a point and then the counter that he only had 77 metres, so stats clearly aren't everything to everyone. I can't comment on the Wighton R19 performance specifically because i can't remember if he had the biggest impact, i watched the game game don't remember specifics.

As strider mentioned, even our own supporters didn't think he deserved points so it isn't a problem that Kimmorley thought the same, and i thought Brooks was dangerous and certainly created plenty for them and was a reason they were in the match.

It is easy to pile on a player like Brooks and say he doesn't deserve any praise (just like Moses) because they aren't at their best but what people forget is that when these players are at their best they can play like the elite players and the difference between them and the elite is simply consistency!