What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Awards (club awards, Dally M, RLPA)

Greenfields

Juniors
What a fcknuckle that stefanovic is, just interviewed wighton and asked “do you feel like you deserve it?”

just like that dipshit Thurston asking Robbo about a right call in the GF last year, and Robbo making him feel like a tool on national tv.

well done wighton, you’re alright.
Up there with Kochie yesterday asking Schapelle Corby what was harder, 9 years in an Indonesian prison or a few weeks on a reality tv show.

Zadar

Juniors
I think Nathan was unfortunate but Wighton winning is not such a surprise, especially after Hodgson was injured for Canberra, Wighton became the main point getter as the Raiders had a strong second half of the year. Gutho also stood up even when Eels formed dipped and he was clearly their best.

Cleary was ‘let down’ by his team mates like Luai and Api who took points off him...haha this is why the Dally M’s are a bit of a joke. The voting system rewards players who monopolise points in their teams. That’s why Joey Johns and Thurston did so well in this award, there weren’t many other key position stars in those teams who took points off them.

As for the leak. What do you expect from that cretin ‘Slothfield’? Anyway happy with 5 players in the team of the year and the coach of the year. More important things in the game than individual awards though.

Goes to show how good Teddy’s win was last year in a team full of superstars, keary,Cronk,latrell and co.

If Panthers can win it this year, I think luai will be the CC medalist, Cleary can control the game, but I think luai may have the bigger moments.

mxlegend99

Referee
Honestly the fact Gutho didnt get points in Round 20 is definitely the biggest injustice. Nathan was surrounded by guys playing great footy so those points getting shared around makes sense

How was Gutho not in the top 3 players in Round 20? Not a fan of his. Nor do I think he was close to the best player this year. But based on how the scoring works he deserves to feel robbed more than anyone to be honest. Who judged that game?

nick87

Coach
Honestly the Usurper Gutho got what he deserves, he was shit in round 20, was shit all year tbh, same with Cleary, Smith, Johnson, Papenhuyzen and really everyone who's name doesnt rhyme with Black Righton.

King DMJ has claimed the throne that was his by rights, long may he reign

GongPanther

Referee
Honestly the fact Gutho didnt get points in Round 20 is definitely the biggest injustice. Nathan was surrounded by guys playing great footy so those points getting shared around makes sense

How was Gutho not in the top 3 players in Round 20? Not a fan of his. Nor do I think he was close to the best player this year. But based on how the scoring works he deserves to feel robbed more than anyone to be honest. Who judged that game?
This. Obvious Luai killed it during the Dogs game. Good on Jack for winning it as I said at the time of his awarding.

Fangs

Coach
Panthers:
Nathan Cleary 24
Jarome Luai 17
Apisai Koroisau 12
James Fisher-Harris 12
Dylan Edwards 9

Spine getting all the rewards here. JFH should be right up the top alongside Cleary but only gets half the points.

So what's the solution? You could give every player a score each game but our judges might find that a bit tough.

The_Frog

First Grade
You're right, he was a massive 1 point behind Cleary and 3 behind the overall leader Grant at cutoff. Absolutely phoning it in at that point.

Idiot.
What a f**king hero. Anonymously throwing insults on the internet. Enjoy the GF, lollipoper.

davi

Juniors
Production error my arse. You write something on twitter check that it goes public or not...delete or post.

So someone clicked on a "post" button as was the case with that leaked twitter...someone did it deliberately.

I'm not a fan of Phil Rothfield but I don't believe he had anything to do with the article posted before the award ceremony had started.

The problem with Rothfield's article is the timing couldn't be anymore worse. Not only did his article leaked the result but his article was also critical of Jack Wighton getting the award which has further angered the NRL.

I have read that NRL had an arrangement with Daily Telegraph that they would give them the result at 3pm. Which allowed them time to put together a eight page spread covering the awards highlights. And they would then post the coverage after ceremony finished. Because of this mishap its been indicated this arraignment is now likely going to end.