What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the panthers all of a sudden so good?

myrrh ken

First Grade
You are right. I guess you just notice the jibes a lot more when it's your team getting them. Being a non threat for so long makes you forget. ha ha.

Don't worry come kick-off time, every one will be on the panthers wagon. Just like in 2003. I was amazed at the support for the sharks in 2016.

Luai has exploded for you guys after being a part timer last year and cleary, yeo and kikau have really stepped up.

But anyway let us sulk until then

nick87

Coach
"We want to wish Jack the best, he deserves to win it," Panthers chairman Dave O'Neill said. "It's disappointing from our club that Nathan, in the busiest week of his career, had to travel from Penrith to Artarmon and sit there at the Dally M knowing that he's not going to win it.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wi...-daily-telegraph-blunder-20201019-p566j7.html

This is how kissed on the dick Penrith have been with travel this year. Their f**king chairman is complaining about Cleary having to make a trip from Penrith to Artarmon! :D

Though in fairness, that's 65km 50 minute drive is probably about the 3rd longest trip he's had to make this year so i can see O'Neill's point

Smug Panther

First Grade
"We want to wish Jack the best, he deserves to win it," Panthers chairman Dave O'Neill said. "It's disappointing from our club that Nathan, in the busiest week of his career, had to travel from Penrith to Artarmon and sit there at the Dally M knowing that he's not going to win it.

Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wi...-daily-telegraph-blunder-20201019-p566j7.html

This is how kissed on the dick Penrith have been with travel this year. Their f**king chairman is complaining about Cleary having to make a trip from Penrith to Artarmon! :D

Though in fairness, that's 65km 50 minute drive is probably about the 3rd longest trip he's had to make this year so i can see O'Neill's point

On a serious note it was pretty silly to have Nathan sitting there with players from other sides before the GF. No way I trust footy players to stay in a bubble after getting knocked out of the comp

GongPanther

Referee

Congrats to Jack for winning it. That better? So STFU and get on the Panthers GF bandwagon. :)

nick87

Coach
On a serious note it was pretty silly to have Nathan sitting there with players from other sides before the GF. No way I trust footy players to stay in a bubble after getting knocked out of the comp

Oh the whole thing was ridiculous... you could just zoom in for interviews, provide them a sexy/fancy looking background, and keep everyone safe... like Jacky Boi isnt bubbling... imagine if he got the Rona and gave it to Cleary days out from the big one :D

Bazal

Post Whore
Oh the whole thing was ridiculous... you could just zoom in for interviews, provide them a sexy/fancy looking background, and keep everyone safe... like Jacky Boi isnt bubbling... imagine if he got the Rona and gave it to Cleary days out from the big one :D

Could we then give him a second Dally M?

forby

Juniors
Nick87 - can’t you just accept that they are a very good football team without having to always bring up ‘reasons’ why?

franklin2323

Immortal
Tall poppy syndrome is the right of opposition fans. Just embrace that your team will not be liked.

Back in 2016 we had hardly any injuries and a nicely balanced squad. Yet we were copping crap about:
- peptides (geez didnt that do us a lot of good),
- getting a slap on the wrist from ASADA (even though they had an iffy case and were happy to settle),
- having a mercenary squad (even though they were a team of rejects)
- then Gus came up with the cracker "it's a soft comp" out of nowhere

Chooks have the nrl darlings and paper bags to deal with. Melbourne the same, but with cheating to boot.

If the worst Panthers get is having a soft draw, Cleary's tiktok time and being a bunch of smug unlikelable lads that over-react every time they score a try you are getting off lightly. Just own it.

The frustrating thing is a lot of the players are great guys and come from poverty etc. Throw in coming from no where to make the GF... just strange because Gus once worked here that it brings so much salt

Chimp

Juniors
You might wanna check the thread title mate.
They just don’t get it - nobody has said they’re not a very good football team. They’re getting their knickers in a twist just because it’s being pointed out that whilst they are a very good football team, they’ve also benefited from a number if factors this year. They’re still a very good team, and would no doubt still be Premiership contenders, but they’ve absolutely benefited from teams like the Roosters, Storm and Raiders facing added adversity.

franklin2323

Immortal
They just don’t get it - nobody has said they’re not a very good football team. They’re getting their knickers in a twist just because it’s being pointed out that whilst they are a very good football team, they’ve also benefited from a number if factors this year. They’re still a very good team, and would no doubt still be Premiership contenders, but they’ve absolutely benefited from teams like the Roosters, Storm and Raiders facing added adversity.

Every team that gets this far has luck with injuries etc though. There wouldn't be a Sydney team that wouldn't have less travel than say Storm or Broncos.. they get other benefits that Sydney teams don't.

Chimp

Juniors
Every team that gets this far has luck with injuries etc though. There wouldn't be a Sydney team that wouldn't have less travel than say Storm or Broncos.. they get other benefits that Sydney teams don't.

Have Storm had luck with injuries etc?

betcats

Referee
Mixed messages from panthers fans as the pressure mounts.

On one hand they've beaten everything that moves so they're saying f**k you, on the other hand they're grabbing the underdog tag because they think they're f**ked.

Smug fading?????????????

Its stating a fact to say the storm are favourites how hard is that to understand?

myrrh ken

First Grade
The frustrating thing is a lot of the players are great guys and come from poverty etc. Throw in coming from no where to make the GF... just strange because Gus once worked here that it brings so much salt

I'd say its a lot to do with Cleary Jr. Was a protected species in Origin. Then looking like an idiot on Tik Tok and lying about it. Might just comes across as a doorknob.

betcats

Referee
Losing after winning17 games straight will be no big thing then.

Obviously panthers are playing the long game.

What are you going on about? I think you have lost the plot. All I said is the storm are favourites and speculated on a few reasons why, all of which are pretty obvious if you're not a dumb f**k.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'd say its a lot to do with Cleary Jr. Was a protected species in Origin. Then looking like an idiot on Tik Tok and lying about it. Might just comes across as a doorknob.

Possibly but every side has those overhyped players. It is a strange one really how people think but each to their own

Latest posts