What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Panthers vs Storm

The_Frog

First Grade
The bunnies where flogging everyone until they played us why.Field position we strangled them out of the game.I see us doing the storm the same way
I think our best chance is to put a score on them in the first half as we should have done to Souths.

The last time I've seen a Naden tap back or catch to score or set up a try was that first game against Sharks. It's not like he's been doing it all the time.

Maybe he hasn’t been getting the kicks? He’s still much more of an aerial threat than May.

He’s also not just good in the air, he’d good at chasing grubbers. Scored one against Canterbury a few weeks ago.

I just watched some of his tries for the year, and I’ll tell you what else he’s good at. Support play. A number of his tries were him supporting players that had made a break, his pace allows him to do that.

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
I don't know who's right here but at the very least Naden shouldn't be on the bench. Tetevano, Leota and Lenui should be there to give us that middle dominance. If Naden starts than Lenui will drop out to fit May as the utility obviously.

I don't know who's right here but at the very least Naden shouldn't be on the bench. Tetevano, Leota and Lenui should be there to give us that middle dominance. If Naden starts than Lenui will drop out to fit May as the utility obviously.

Yeah definitely not on the bench. He either starts or he’s out, we can’t play the Storm with only 16 men.

Last edited:

soc123_au

Staff member
I'm glad I'm not the one making the call. There are pros & cons to both options. I would probably go toward Naden in the centres & May on the bench. Capewell or Spencer to miss out.

I know sentiment doesn't win games, but Naden being in 17 winning games & then missing the big one is gut wrenching. He did plenty of good shit to contribute to those wins too.

GongPanther

Referee
I'm glad I'm not the one making the call. There are pros & cons to both options. I would probably go toward Naden in the centres & May on the bench. Capewell or Spencer to miss out.

I know sentiment doesn't win games, but Naden being in 17 winning games & then missing the big one is gut wrenching. He did plenty of good shit to contribute to those wins too.
Sure it's going to be really sad for Naden if he misses out. But he, like all the rest of the squad all year have fully known that this is a team effort. His form has warranted his dropping. Is it because of those drunk goons giving it to him up in Gosford, or/and the rumours that Naden might be off to the Storm next season?

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Melbourne Storm in the 2020 NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Viliame Kikau returns from suspension and Brent Naden has been named at centre, pushing Kurt Capewell and Tyrone May back to the bench.

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW

Spencer Leniu has been named in the reserves after being ruled out of the Preliminary Final due to illness.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Home Jersey.

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Kurt CAPEWELL - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Matt BURTON - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Brightside Music

soc123_au

Staff member
Sure it's going to be really sad for Naden if he misses out. But he, like all the rest of the squad all year have fully known that this is a team effort. His form has warranted his dropping. Is it because of those drunk goons giving it to him up in Gosford, or/and the rumours that Naden might be off to the Storm next season?
I'm sure he would take it on the chin & do everything he possibly could to help the other guys get the job done. The way they have the team harmony thing going is fantastic. Inside it's still going to hurt though.

WestyLife

First Grade
Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face Melbourne Storm in the 2020 NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium on Sunday.

Viliame Kikau returns from suspension and Brent Naden has been named at centre, pushing Kurt Capewell and Tyrone May back to the bench.

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW

Spencer Leniu has been named in the reserves after being ruled out of the Preliminary Final due to illness.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Home Jersey.

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Signace
15. Kurt CAPEWELL - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Matt BURTON - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Brightside Music

@herbert henry1908 wins! I do like that team. May is one of the best utilities in the game.

Latest posts