What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
Personally I would had been far happier if this signing to be was about a big forward such as Possa Faamausula or Ofanghaua , at least those 2 gents would be injury free and with many good years ahead of them . I am concerned about the final amount of money that will,be spent upon his services.

Will the Dragons still have enough to sign the above mentioned players ?

This reminds me of the big red-lettered ‘ SHARK SIGHTED - BEACH CLOSED ‘ sign and whilst you are looking at it , some bogan walks right pass the bluudy thing and into the water . More to come . . .

Last edited:

Maddragon99

Juniors
Personally I would had been far happier if this signing to be was about a big forward such as Possa Faamausula or Ofanghaua , at least those 2 gents would be injury free and with many good years ahead of them .

This reminds me of the BIG ‘ beach closed - shark sighted ‘ sign and whilst you are looking at it a gentleman who cannot understand English walks right pass the bluudy thing and into the water . More to come . . .

I think we’ll end up with all 3

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Personally I would had been far happier if this signing to be was about a big forward such as Possa Faamausula or Ofanghaua , at least those 2 gents would be injury free and with many good years ahead of them . I am concerned about the final amount of money that will,be spent upon his services.

Will the Dragons still have enough to sign the above mentioned players ?

This reminds me of the big red-lettered ‘ SHARK SIGHTED - BEACH CLOSED ‘ sign and whilst you are looking at it a gentleman who cannot understand English walks right pass the bluudy thing and into the water . More to come . . .

I am concerned too and am now viewing this as a test for our new regime as to whether they will be better at recruitment and roster management than those before them.

I am hoping the majority of the Bird news is a beat up and we aren't going to pay anymore than 450k for him.

Gareth67

First Grade
I am concerned too and am now viewing this as a test for our new regime as to whether they will be better at recruitment and roster management than those before them.

I am hoping the majority of the Bird news is a beat up and we aren't going to pay anymore than 450k for him.

Agree buddy , I tell you one thing and that is that I have a bad feeling about this . I hope I am proven wrong , as the Dragons simply cannot afford to start of on the wrong foot in this our new era .

George Sancti

Juniors
I am starting to think that come 1 November, there may be a couple of major signings by other clubs which start off a recruitment chain reaction. I just hope that if this does occur, we remain focussed on the positions we need, and not panic buy and end up with another Lafai or Norman (not wishing to be disrespectful to either).

BLM01

First Grade
I am starting to think that come 1 November, there may be a couple of major signings by other clubs which start off a recruitment chain reaction. I just hope that if this does occur, we remain focussed on the positions we need, and not panic buy and end up with another Lafai or Norman (not wishing to be disrespectful to either).
Not so much major signings but what people tend to forget (speaking of Lafai) that those players who have been discarded by their NRL club (stack from Parra) is those that normally look to head overseas for a payday, well is that avenue in jeopardy based on Covid in Europe for next year at least?..competitions over there in jeopardy?
Will most tend to want to stay here and if cant pick up a NRL contract..where will they play. NSW Cup contract, CRL?..or some may get NRL clubs at base contract..train & trial contracts, match payments..
Financial fallout for some players..may be an issue..watch this space.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I’d rather we avoid Bird, he is now like Foran and even Turbo - injury prone & jinxed. Kyle Stanley Mk2.

Couldn't agree more- sometimes I wonder if this is just a nightmare I'm going to wake up from- Bird has had two ACLs- on the same bloody knee!!- massive warning bells should be going off-caveat emptor and all that legal stuff. He's also had prior shoulder and sternum injuries at Brisbane.

Hook and co should have a look at the medical history of a gun player by the name of Alex Johnson who played for the Sydney Swans. He missed something like six years of footy due to repeated and failed ACL procedures on the same knee but they persisted with him due to his talent. He finally got the problem knee right but then a groin injury ended his season .

When he returned the next season he promptly did the ACL in his "good" knee- at which point the Swans delisted him after 6 years of frustration all round.

My wife and son are both physios and it is just a fact that some players bodies are more prone to soft tissue injuries (hamstrings etc) than others. In the case of Jack Bird, two in the bush are certainly better than him in the hand.

blue bags

First Grade
Rabbitohs looking to offload luckless centre James Roberts
The 27-year-old looks to have lost his place at Redfern.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The way it's shaping at present, we aren't too interested in backs.
Just have to examine who has been linked to us to see the areas that Griffin feels we are lacking (and indeed he's right):

PF - prop
Joe O - edge forward, lock (he's not a prop imo)
Bird - utility forward (doubt he'll play fb or centre)
McGuire - prop (long shot to sign but the message is the same)

On the proposed squad of 30 for next year (plus the DS) we need to sign 5 players as it stands now.
We have 0 confirmed.

I'm pretty sure we'll sign 2, if not 3, of the names listed above. The others required to fill the squad may 'come from left field' as the saying goes.

Banjo2014

Juniors
Guys - Living in the States and Philippines I flick between CNN and Fox news - with the news nowadays I thought scandals were all owned by Sportsmen and women however it appears the media have their fair share as well

Google - jeffrey toobin zoom video - just for a laugh (poor buggar)

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints are again in a crap position for making any moves in the market until JDB saga is over. If he wins his case it will certainly change things recruitment wise. All of a sudden Saints forwards stocks go up significantly with JDB back. The impact this court case is having on the Dragons and recruitment is underestimated. I don't believe any club has ever gone through this thanks to this rubbish rule where the NRL wants to more or less paint the victim guilty and rob him of playing before the actual courts decide.

I just can't see Saints making any significant move until that is sorted.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Saints are again in a crap position for making any moves in the market until JDB saga is over. If he wins his case it will certainly change things recruitment wise. All of a sudden Saints forwards stocks go up significantly with JDB back. The impact this court case is having on the Dragons and recruitment is underestimated. I don't believe any club has ever gone through this thanks to this rubbish rule where the NRL wants to more or less paint the victim guilty and rob him of playing before the actual courts decide.

I just can't see Saints making any significant move until that is sorted.
Standing down someone on full pay to allow them to focus on the charge is in no way saying they are guilty.

It’s common practice across a number of industries.

Gareth67

First Grade
Guys - Living in the States and Philippines I flick between CNN and Fox news - with the news nowadays I thought scandals were all owned by Sportsmen and women however it appears the media have their fair share as well

Google - jeffrey toobin zoom video - just for a laugh (poor buggar)

:flushed: Well I was certainly embarrassed just watching it . Did you see the looks on the other characters in the video hook up .

I can only assume that the dopey sod had just returned from a Trump rally and got overexcited at seeing the President ( ? ) .

Splinters

Juniors
:flushed: Well I was certainly embarrassed just watching it . Did you see the looks on the other characters in the video hook up .

I can only assume that the dopey sod had just returned from a Trump rally and got overexcited at seeing the President ( ? ) .

Isn't he a CNN employee? More likely he's been smoking crack with Hunter Biden and counting his payoffs from Burisma and the Chinese Communist Party.

Latest posts