What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

callmack1

Staff member
Ethan Lowe Confirms Retirement from NRL Football: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/10/20/ethan-lowe-confirms-retirement-from-nrl-football/

Officially confirmed. Thanks for everything Lowey, a legend!!

We make the case for our most consistent performer of the 2020 Season but we need your say!: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/10/20/who-is-your-sustained-performer-for-season-2020/

I voted for Graham. Was going to vote Murray but I think Graham is our biggest 'unsung' hero.

Referees' scrimmage - Unique challenges of a COVID year for officials: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/10/20/sutton-to-referee-panthers-storm-decider/

Souths legend John Sattler famously spilt blood for his ’70 GF jersey… now his son Scott wants it back: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/4cdcd5ec0cd6f7f26116a36f470dee14

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Greg is not fit to play origin.
Nobody, including Greg, is saying that Greg is asking to play. He is not asking that. But, to me, it's very disturbing that Greg is asking to help out at camp, and Bennett won't return his call.

This better not be happening at Redfern Oval training sessions. Greg Inglis has earned the right to walk onto Redfern Oval, at any training sessions, and help out, or provide advice. Especially to Latrell Mitchell, who could use and benefit from any guidance Greg Inglis can provide

Thumper

Juniors
Nobody, including Greg, is saying that Greg is asking to play. He is not asking that. But, to me, it's very disturbing that Greg is asking to help out at camp, and Bennett won't return his call.

This better not be happening at Redfern Oval training sessions. Greg Inglis has earned the right to walk onto Redfern Oval, at any training sessions, and help out, or provide advice. Especially to Latrell Mitchell, who could use and benefit from any guidance Greg Inglis can provide

Preparing for a premlim was clearly more important than worrying about Greg Inglis calling him.
for a start Greg isn’t currently allowed on Redfern oval Because he’s not in the bubble. He clearly left the bubble at the start of the season for a reason.
I think you’re reading into Greg’s comments a little to much.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Preparing for a premlim was clearly more important than worrying about Greg Inglis calling him.
for a start Greg isn’t currently allowed on Redfern oval Because he’s not in the bubble. He clearly left the bubble at the start of the season for a reason.
I think you’re reading into Greg’s comments a little to much.
In COVID circumstances yes that's true, I get it. I meant under normal circumstances, I should have explained it better.

Just hope there isnt a feud going on between Richo and who he supports, and Bennett and who he supports. The commentary made about Sam's issues recently maybe hints that there might be

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
James Roberts is gone.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ra...in-star-roberts-the-door-20201021-p5675h.html

Surely Braidon Burns is next, and SURELY we have enough cap space to sign Josh Addo-Carr.

1.Latrell
2. AJ
3. Campbell
4. Gags
5. JAC
6. Cody
7. Adam

That will be the most dangerous backline in the NRL.
Backups are Allan,Marsters, Paulo, Jed (last resort)
Groom Allan to play 5/8, and Taafe halfback

With JAC, and Jai Arrow, and if our main guys stay injury free, surely we are a shot at the title next year

MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Last edited:

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
2021 team I would like to see. We are a team that should be top 4.

1. Allan
2. Johnston
3. Mitchell
4. Graham
5. Gaigai
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Arrow
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Siro
12. Sau
13. Murray

14. Koloamatangi
15. Tatola
16. Cartwright
17. Knight

18. Sele
19. Paulo

( Hopefully we can move on Roberts and Burns )

Not sure if we have resigned tom amone for next season ? Would suggest that we do.

Not interested in getting Addo Carr ,

should Resign tatola / siro / sau /koloamatangi / Allan and Reynolds

Ask Dane to take a huge downgrade to resign and be our right wing ( no dreams of playing center ) if not 2021 is his last year with us

2022 would be the same team as 2021 with the exception of Dane ( bring thru a kid or get a gun right wing )
Latrell is not going to be playing centre.

Wayne moved Gagai from right wing to left centre, and moved Graham to right centre. We then went on a rampage. Why would he change back to the previous set up?

Paulo was on the wing when he fell on Latrell, and played every game after that. Paulo will be on the wing unless we get JAC, and maybe this is the reason Wayne is saying "not interested", because he's already decided Paulo will be on the wing

handyman2190

Bench

Wayne moved Gagai from right wing to left centre, and moved Graham to right centre. We then went on a rampage. Why would he change back to the previous set up?

Paulo was on the wing when he fell on Latrell, and played every game after that. Paulo will be on the wing unless we get JAC, and maybe this is the reason Wayne is saying "not interested", because he's already decided Paulo will be on the wing
Honestly,of the crop of young wingers paulo is last,i think he needs more time in lower grades,he just dosent create or take the chances offered,drop balls, etc jac if roberts leaves will open oportunitys

I

I believe we would be a far better team in 2021 with Corey at fullback and latrell at left center.

Once Mitchell went down Cody Walker consistently carved up defences with his backline play. Some People thrive off responsibility Cody is one them. For example the dragons game when Reynolds came off Cody exploded.

Mitchell at fullback takes away from Cody's game, while Corey compliments it. Corey is not as athletic or slick but he doesn't need to be, he just does what is needed at a acceptable level and is our best option at fullback for 2021.

Latrell is a good fullback with flashes of brilliance that adds a incredible passing game ( but we already have that passing link option and brillance from Cody )
at center Mitchell is the games most damaging and dangerous left center since prime time G.I

I think we are a better team with Corey at #1 and latrell at #3

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
I

I believe we would be a far better team in 2021 with Corey at fullback and latrell at left center.

Once Mitchell went down Cody Walker consistently carved up defences with his backline play. Some People thrive off responsibility Cody is one them. For example the dragons game when Reynolds came off Cody exploded.

Mitchell at fullback takes away from Cody's game, while Corey compliments it. Corey is not as athletic or slick but he doesn't need to be, he just does what is needed at a acceptable level and is our best option at fullback for 2021.

Latrell is a good fullback with flashes of brilliance that adds a incredible passing game ( but we already have that passing link option and brillance from Cody )
at center Mitchell is the games most damaging and dangerous left center since prime time G.I

I think we are a better team with Corey at #1 and latrell at #3
I get ya, in terms of balance but Corey being last line of defense is a worry. Sure he can improve but it hasn't looked great so far.

His kick return metres are not good and hardly if ever breaks the first tackle, mostly he is driven backwards. If Latrell would just make more runs from kick returns instead of passing the ball to his winger as he catches it, he would be a lot more threatning from the back. We saw this in the Parra game.

Last edited:
I get ya, in terms of balance but Corey being last line of defense is a worry. Sure he can improve but it hasn't looked great so far.

His kick return metres are not good and hardly if ever breaks the first tackle, mostly he is driven backwards. If Latrell would just make more runs from kick returns instead of passing the ball to his winger as he catches it, he would be a lot more threatning from the back. We saw this in the Parra game.
If latrell charged at the line full speed on kick returns I would definitely have him at fullback , but like you said mostly he will just hand it off to a winger

Travitoh

First Grade
Both raise some great points and tbh, neither of you are necessarily wrong.

Personally, i would play Latrell at FB. There are still areas of his game that need work if he is going to realise his potential. Kick returns as mentioned being one.
Cody and Latrell linked up well at times over the season and will only improve the more they train/play together.
For Allan, I'd like to see what he can do at centre. He performed well in Latrell's absence but wasn't better imo. There is always the option to try and change a game and drop him back and move Latrell to centre without burning a sub if necessary. But i believe you want your better players getting their hands on the footy as much as possible and you select your spine before other positions because of this.

Both will get an opportunity to prove themselves in preseason i would imagine.

13 months ago we were debating who to pick at 1 between AJ and Doueihi.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
If latrell charged at the line full speed on kick returns I would definitely have him at fullback , but like you said mostly he will just hand it off to a winger
Which is one part of his game I can't understand at the moment. You'd think he would want to take them on. I wonder if it was a fitness thing, or trying to "fit in" and be "a good teammate" and be unselfish???