What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
In 2019 Moses missed an average of 4 tackles a game and was 4th worst total missed tackles overall in the NRL. In 2020 he missed an average of 3.3 tackles a game and was 6th worst total missed tackles overall. A slight improvement.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
In 2019 Moses missed an average of 4 tackles a game and was 4th worst total missed tackles overall in the NRL. In 2020 he missed an average of 3.3 tackles a game and was 6th worst total missed tackles overall. A slight improvement.

I would assume most of the "worsts" are all halves

its not really their job to defend so its a reasonable stat

Avenger

Immortal
Moses’ has an option in his favour for 2022 which is fine by me. The ball is literally in his court.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Reducing missed tackles by nearly 20% is a significant improvement. But he has also improved his ability to limit post contact metres and quick play the balls, which isn't evident in the stats.

84 Baby

Referee
Yep. I can never work out why he doesn’t do this more often.
I think a little bit of fitness but also something that does concern me with coaching is when they talk about managing way through the game. Don’t give merkins that crutch

hindy111

Post Whore
Two vastly different quality teams and Grant also played less games. I think if you put Harry in our team his running game would explode.

Rheed started to run in the last 4 or 5 games. I expect that more next season.
Rheeds kicking game is far better then Grants. A player can only work on so many things at once. Most important for Rheed was his biggest weakness. And that was defense. He would miss 5-7 tackles a game. As a coach I would go ok whats stopping him from playing NRL. Forget how good everything else is the most important thing to repair was his defense. Is that fixed? YES.

So you move on to the next part of his game. And that's kicking. And what did we see? We saw Rheed starting to kick more. His placement more often then not was excellent.

Now this off season the coach will move onto the next two areas he needs to improve. Running and support play.
The is just how it works in NRL for players who debut very young. They simplify their game and let them focus on one area at a time. And by the time they have 4yrs under belt they generaly begin to put it all together. By year 5 they start to master it.

hindy111

Post Whore
Grant is a better dummy half than Mahoney and a better player even factoring in his defence. But Mahoney is a solid first grader, and will only get better. Obviously so will Grant. He will be the game's best dummy half. The Queensland 9 jersey will be hard to get. Mahoney could be the Jake Friend of his generation. He might even win a couple of grand finals.

Rheed looks smarter to me. I could be wrong but I think Grant might fall into the Segyaroo trap where he runs to often. Seen to many of these explosive hookers who have great debut seasons untill other coaches get enough tape on them. Then they slow them down.
I like a hooker who can kick long and short. It really puts the defense in two minds.

lucablight

First Grade
I remember on an episode of 100% footy when Gus was defending Waqa Blake from criticism and said he would hate to defend alongside Ferguson and Moses.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
You maybe right, that isn't an impossibility, it is just right now he is nearly the best fullback in the world and should have been the Dally M player of the year except for whoever was judging the last game Vs the Tigers didn't even give him a point when he was basically the best player on the field in that game. Atrocious voting. I wonder who the judge was for that game? If he picked up even just one point he would have been joint winner, but if anyone remembers that game he played very well and should have picked up at least 2 points and all the panellist on the show thought so too. He was robbed!

I want to suck Guthos cock as much as the next Parra supporter but he had an average game by his standards. Go back and check the voting in our forum.. he got a couple of 1 votes but that’s it and we are only judging on half the players on the field.

The judge (Believe it was Kimmorley) had watched a game which to be fair was pretty close. Gave 3 and 2 to the two dominant forwards in the game (Brown and Paulo) and a point to Brooks who had his best game in about 3 years.

I want to suck Guthos c**k as much as the next Parra supporter but he had an average game by his standards. Go back and check the voting in our forum.. he got a couple of 1 votes but that’s it and we are only judging on half the players on the field.

The judge (Believe it was Kimmorley) had watched a game which to be fair was pretty close. Gave 3 and 2 to the two dominant forwards in the game (Brown and Paulo) and a point to Brooks who had his best game in about 3 years.
Ill lick his balls while youre at it.

84 Baby

Referee
I’ll join in and give him a rusty trombone but if he wanted to win Dally M he should’ve played better

Latest posts