What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rob Burrow - sad news

Got really emotional watching the game and the interviews. My uncle had MND and passed away a few years ago. A horrible, awful disease who I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Proud to see the RL and sporting community in the UK pull together to support him.

37 is far too young to get this horrid disease.... I did research and it usually strikes at 50-60 years... sadly the life expectancy is only 2-4 years.... i couldnt imagine how terrifying it is to be told that news. Good luck to him, my thoughts are with you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Gosh that doco out this week is hard to watch. Don’t mind saying it had me blubbing!
He has deteriorated so quickly in last few weeks. Terrible terrible disease.

Inkers75

Juniors
If anyone gets the opportunity to watch the Rob Burrow shown on the BBC, then please do.
It is a very heartbreaking, but also inspirational, documentary.

Perth Red

Post Whore
We are on this earth for such a short time. So sad to see Rob now need a machine to speak for him, but great that technology can still give him his voice, and in his accent! Its been amazing to see the RL family in UK rally round him and his family (and for Mose). Tough times but must be a little bit easier knowing so many people have your back and there if you need them. Terrible illness, come on science mob do your stuff and find a cure.

Like Preston Campbell, by all rights Rob was too small to play RL, yet his heart was big enough to overcome his frame and he showed it is possible to do the impossible. Despite him playing for Leeds I was always in awe at the way he could rip defences apart and had no sense of self preservation as he ran at fellows twice his size. A genuine good guy and that can be seen in the way everyone has come to help him where they can.

Latest posts